The fence is the business card of any private house-building. It is on his appearance that the first impression of your house, dacha or cottage depends. The fence can be expensive and rich, solid and refined and even simple, but it should have a special aesthetics, practicality and durability. A set of such characteristics can only have brick fences.
Brick fence is a solid capital structure, which speaks of the viability of its owner. In addition, the brick allows, thanks to the possibility of combining materials, to create your own individual style and get a completely unique design object.
What types of bricks can be used for the construction of combined fences
Bricks are the material that has been used in construction since ancient times. There are buildings that are several hundred years old. In this case, there are many types of bricks that are used for construction under the open sky. For the construction of a fence any of them is suitable.
Quartz sand makes silicate brick, which has more strength than traditional ceramic. In addition, it is possible to add various dyes, which allows to improve and diversify the decorative properties. Such a brick is made not only smooth, but also with a rusted surface, for example, with the effect of a broken stone.
Such a brick has a variety of sizes, as well as a filling method: it can be hollow or full. This property gives an excellent opportunity to make the construction of a fence somewhat cheaper. A neat and beautiful brickwork made of silicate brick is obtained thanks to its perfectly smooth edges and ribs. In addition, the price of this material is quite democratic.
Clay is made of ceramic brick. He is ordinary, facial and special. In addition, at present, various shaped ceramic bricks have been manufactured: corner, semicircular, with bevelled sides and notches. This approach ensures the implementation of any architectural solutions. The colors of this material are not as diverse as those of the silicate one, but there is still some choice that can satisfy most needs.
In addition to these two traditional types of bricks, there are a lot of new ones that use different fillers. Not bad showed itself in the construction facing bassoon bugot with a filler of limestone-shell rock. It is very frost-resistant and has a huge variety of colors. From slate refractory clays, clinker bricks are produced. It is very durable, thanks to its density. This is the most durable, but also the most expensive material.
Earlier they made fences entirely of brick. Today, it is customary to depart from this approach. As a filling, various materials have been used that blend well with brick. This not only makes the construction cheaper, but also provides a more graceful appearance of the structure. Consider what are the options for combined fences with brick poles.
Ways to combine fences with brick pillars
The modern building industry produces a lot of sheet materials and structural elements that allow to create combined fences with high aesthetic qualities. Do not ignore the traditional ways of constructing fences. In combination with brick pillars, they acquire completely new qualities. The main thing is that the combination of materials is appropriate.
Combined fence with wooden filling
Bricks and wooden elements: boards, brusks, fence, very well combined, as both of these materials are "warm".The only thing - the fence should be two-sided and thick, as thin slats in the frame of massive poles will look ridiculous. Particular attention should be given in this case and paintwork coating of wood. It is best to use stain and lacquer. If the paint is used, then it should be a quality enamel for outdoor work, which can last for many years.
Combined fence with filler made of corrugated board
It should be noted that today this is the most popular solution. After profiled sheeting is cheap, has a lot of color solutions, which makes it possible to choose any combination. Sheets are very easy to mount on conventional sampling screws. The durability of the material coated with a polymer layer is beyond any doubt. This fence tightly closes the territory from prying eyes and creates an excellent sound insulation. In addition, under the filling of the corrugated board it is not necessary to fill the strip foundation. This allows you to save a lot on construction.
Brick fence with stone filling
This option is suitable only for expensive mansions. After all, the combination of brick and stone looks very prestigious and rich. The cost of the material is too expensive for most people, but the fence is worth it. Between masonry brickwork is made of ornamental stone. It can be both treated stone slabs, and not processed clastic rock.
fence with stone filling looks very rich and prestigious. Other ways of combining
Today some factories of reinforced concrete structures offer the consumer ready elements of reinforced concrete fence. They look quite original and beautiful, thanks to the use of different configurations and drawings. They need only be installed between the brick posts to get a very strong and durable construction.
Very beautiful looks brick fence with forged filling. Forged items, of course, are very expensive pleasure. But in beauty with them, nothing can compare. They can give any protection to the charm and originality. In the elements of forging is not only aesthetic side, but also practical. After all, these are additional security structures for your site. If the top of this fence is made in the form of forged arrows, then it is unlikely that anyone will come up with the idea of trying to climb over such a fence. By the way, forged filling can be both deaf and transparent. In the latter case, the fence looks very elegant, and the material goes much less.
The main stages of construction of combined fence
Beauty requires sacrifice. In the context of our topic, this means that you need to spend a large amount of money and effort to create a really beautiful fence with brick pillars. For the implementation of the masonry you will need to find a specialist who has great professionalism. The appearance of the entire fence depends on the quality of the masonry, so in this case, do not skimp.
The construction of the fence begins after the developer has decided for himself what material he will use and what dimensions will be at the building.
Preparatory work for
Construction itself runs in several stages and begins with preparatory work:
- If you want to make a really high-quality, beautiful and unique fence, then you should order his project from a specialist. He will perform all the necessary calculations, including determining the depth of the foundation and its power, strengthening the columns, as well as their number and other technological nuances. He can also meet the cost estimates for construction. In this case, reinsurance guarantees the quality performance of all subsequent work.
- Construction itself should begin with a horizontal marking on the site of the site for construction. Do this with the help of ordinary pegs and a long rope. It stretches from the outside of the future foundation.
- As the brick fence is a solid structure, then the basis for it is required to be made capital. Better than others with this role is coped tape monolithic foundation. For him, dig a trench along the line of marking with a cord. Its depth should be 30 cm, but not less than the depth of the fertile soil layer, which should be removed to clay or dense earth. The width of the foundation, as well as the height above the ground will be 20 cm. Then mark the location of the columns. Make them need at equal distances. In doing so, try to calculate the gaps between the poles so that there is as little residue from the filling material as possible. In the places where the posts will be located, it is required to drill the pits for 1.5 m or more. Depth depends on how deep the ground freezes in winter in your area. The diameter of the holes should be such that they contain tubes of at least 60 mm in diameter.
- After the completion of excavation work, a timbering is built from edging boards, which is firmly fixed with blocks. Inside the formwork in three rows lay the reinforcement, the cross section of which should be 10 - 12 mm.
- In the last holes absolutely vertically we install pipes. This will help use the construction level and the plummet. They are concreted with concrete. When the concrete grabs firmly enough, the cord is pulled between the pipes. This is done to maintain the alignment of the remaining columns. On this cord, while observing verticality, install and concreate the remaining pipes. It should be remembered that if the soil in your area is loose or friable, then a metal plate should be welded to the bottom of each pipe. Therefore, the diameter of the drilled wells must take this circumstance into account.
- After the concrete under the pipes grabs enough, they begin to fill the rest of the foundation. The solution can be ordered ready, or you can make it yourself in a concrete mixer. The same proportions are used as for any other foundation: 1 part of cement, 3 parts of sand. As a filler, it is necessary to use medium-fraction crushed stone.
- After a week, when the concrete is completely hardened, it will be possible to start making brickwork. However, a layer of mastic waterproofing is first applied to the foundation. It is necessary to do this, since the damp from the ground can eventually destroy the brick.
Masonry works of
Brick bricks laid on a concrete base, 40 cm wide, which is done simultaneously with pouring the foundation around the column. The width of the column is 1.5 or 2 bricks. It depends on the type of masonry chosen. Popular is the clack in exactly 1.5 bricks, when 4 rows go to one row. Bricks are laid on cement mortar with obligatory seaming. Rows do symmetrically on all adjacent columns, so that the seams between the bricks form single lines along the entire fence. The height of the columns depends on the material that was selected for filling. They should be slightly higher than, for example, profile sheets. Pour a solution into the middle between the bricks for strength. In addition, in two places on both sides of each column a metal corner is welded to weld in the aftermath of the veins, or they are immediately welded to the pipes, after which they are already bricked.
columns Filling of fence with sheets from
corrugated board A junction pipe can be used as jumper between posts. When using profiled sheet and the height of the fence no more than 2 meters, there will be enough two holes between the columns. They are welded to the embedded elements on posts. Pipes and especially welds should be well treated with a primer and painted.
For fence suitable profiled sheeting 0,5 mm thick. On the lags they are attached with roofing screws or rivets. In doing so, you need to make sure that the top edge is parallel to the horizon. It is worth noting that even the most budgetary version of the combined fence from the metal profile is quite expensive. However, someone who wants to have a beautiful and reliable fence for a relatively affordable amount, can take advantage of this opportunity.
In any case, a fence with brick posts, erected once, will serve with faith and truth all your life without reconstruction and repair.