in social networks
Sliding bath screens - a design that includes two or more leaf and the guide frame. Installation of such a screen allows you to decorate the sanitary equipment as well as space saving bathroom and retain access to the pipes in the event of their failure. The last point is very important for the apartments, is small in size.
Sliding screen for the bath to hide unattractive communication and equip additional space for storage of household chemicals
1 Advantages and disadvantages of sliding screens for baths
- 1.1 The design of the sliding screen
- 2 Sliding bath screens: basic components and design features
3 Varieties sliding screens under the bath 150 cm and 170 cm
- 3.1 Sliding bath screens 170 cm
- 4 Plastic bath screens
- 5 Screens for acrylic baths
- 6 Features sliding panels made of MDF
- 7 Sliding glass and mirror screen model: increase the space bathroom
- 8 Design options Sliding screens
9 How to choose a sliding screen for a bath?
- 9.1 How to set the screen at a bath sliding type?
- 10 Production of sliding screen under the bath with his hands
- 11 Features screen installation under bath: Video
Advantages and disadvantages of sliding screens for baths
Consider the main advantages of using sliding screens in the bath:
- installation of such a structure is quite simple. It may conduct any person who does not have special skills and knowledge building;
Sliding screen can be installed on any type and size of the bath
- reasonable cost. To date, such screens are made of different materials, so everyone can choose for themselves the product in the right price range;
- simple and easy disassembly, if necessary (for example, when replacing the communications under the bathroom);
- a wide range of models, which differ not only in color but also in design.
Note!The doors, which are shifted to one side when opened, can save storage space of the room, which is an advantage for small apartments.
Among the shortcomings of extensible model can only mark one relating to articles made of plastic - low resistance guides. Plastic guides tend to deform after 2-4 years of use, which hampers the movement of the flaps.
Purchased Sliding screens for bathtubs have a team of design and easy to install
The design of the sliding screen
Material sliding frame constructions may differ, depending on the price. Today it is possible to meet the frame made of plastic or aluminum. The most expensive options are equipped with roller mechanism. Plastic variants differ in the least cost as well as resistance to moisture. The main drawback plastic frames - weak strength. Aluminum frames, unlike plastic, more durable, however, is less resistant to moisture.
Variety of colors inherent in both the first and second embodiment of frames. But paint is deposited on the aluminum design details, with time tends to move away and peel.
Roller sliding design, used for panels under the bath, is more reminiscent of that used in the coupe closets. The rollers are fixed on the panel when you open the flaps are on the rails. These panels are easy to use and aesthetically pleasing, but also are more expensive than simpler models.
Some variants of screens equipped with shelves that are used to store household chemicals, as well as various other accessories. Constructive solution of this type significantly increases the functionality of the bathroom, especially small size. Cost screens under the bath with shelves corresponds to their functionality.
The circuit structure of the sliding screen under the bath
Sliding bath screens: basic components and design features
The structure of the screens slide type are often composed of the following components:
- panel or sash frame which is made of plastic, aluminum and other metals;
- installation instructions.
Helpful information!Sometimes sliding screens decorated with various materials. The most common element of the decor in this case - the mirror. Using mirror has several disadvantages among which: difficult maintenance and very weak strength (mirror surface frequently is broken).
Experts recommend the use of models with a mirror coating is only in extreme cases. For example, when you want to visually expand the space of the bathroom.
When buying a screen, it is important to pay attention to the quality of the fixtures legs, screws and guide, since these elements depends on the duration of operation of the whole structure
The simplicity of design and practicality of these models does not affect their functionality. Consider their basic functions:
- protection of communications from falling into the water on them;
- Hiding communications and other items (plunger, household chemicals), which neorganichno look in the interior of the bathroom;
Buy Sliding bath screens available in any building hypermarkets, as well as on the market. A variety of models allows you to choose a suitable option for any interior.
Varieties sliding screens under the bath 150 cm and 170 cm
These products are of small range of sizes. Dimensions of sliding screens are selected depending on the size of the room, and immediately, bath. Along the length release two versions of the standard sliding models.
The minimum number of folds in a sliding screen under the bath 150 cm - two, and the maximum - four, but there are exceptions. Height screens under the bath ranges from 506 to 560 millimeters. If necessary, you can adjust this figure alone. Height adjustment is done quite simply - using the legs.
When you select a screen size for a bath is important to consider the length and width of all the elements, such as the legs, corners and doors
Sliding bath screens 170 cm
Models that have such a length, are the most common. Sliding bath screens 170 cm include from 2 to 4 flaps, which are moved due to a mechanism similar to the mechanism closet. The height of this design varies from 506 to 560 mm. Buy a sliding screen for bathtubs 170 cm can be in any supermarket or store the profile.
You can purchase products and greater length, for example, bath screens of 180 cm. If you start from the structural variants of these products, there are 4 main types:
- simple (plastic shutters and aluminum frame);
- multifunction (previous features is added the possibility of regulation size);
- products, which are produced without frames;
- articles, obscuring the end of the bath bowl.
Modern sliding screens presented in a wide variety of textures and colors
Thanks to its simple design, you can make yourself a sliding screen on the bath. Photos and prices of these products can be seen in catalogs of manufacturers, where you can see the use of these structures in real interiors.
Plastic bath screens
Model made from this material, as mentioned above, considered to be the most common. Wide distribution they received due to its reasonable cost, as well as other positive qualities, including:
- resistance to fungal and mildew formations;
- resistance to temperature changes;
- resistance to decay.
Plastic screens are lightweight, so they will not bear the additional load on the bearing design bath
Water-resistant plastic material is a huge advantage, determining its prevalence. Constant humidity in the bathroom have a negative effect on the product chipboard or MDF. Over time, they come into complete disrepair and require replacement. In turn, the plastic does not swell from moisture and it is not terrible decay. Today, in the construction market can be found products of varying lengths - from 120 to 180 cm and above. Sliding bath screens 150 cm - differ in ease of installation, since their length is standard. The same applies to the sliding screen under the bath 170 cm.
Note!Plastic flaps do not require a personal care - enough to wipe their usual cloth. Drops and stains on the polymer material not as noticeable as, for example, the mirror surface, which is also a plus.
Screens for acrylic baths
Acrylic sliding panels often come with a bathroom, which is made of the same material. They are distinguished by the originality of performance and generally consist of solid panels. They can be purchased separately, however, we should not forget that they are only suitable for acrylic baths due to the nature of fastening.
If possible, it is better to purchase a sliding screen complete with the bathroom as well, you can achieve a perfect joining of both structural contours
Installing acrylic screen has some peculiarities that need to pay attention.
Consider how to set screens for baths made of this material:
- you first need to find the center of the faceplate panel and mark it with a marker;
- Next, you need to have a part of the panel for the bathtub rim of the bowl;
- at this point the panel is applied to the bath;
- marked location fix, which should coincide with a first label;
- screwed studs;
- nuts carried by bracket fixation which is necessary for fastening of the panel;
- performed holes in selected locations (drill);
- structure is fixed with screws, which are masked by means of covers.
Acrylic construction is reliable and durable. Subject to the rules of installation it will last more than one year.
Plastic screen with designer handles fit harmoniously into the bathroom in a contrasting color
Features sliding panels made of MDF
MDF - is a material which is produced by pressing wood shavings. Considering humidity bathroom screens made from MDF with waterproof impregnation. The special resin impregnation act as such.
Acrylic bathtub: size, shape, and an overview of popular products
How to choose the right size products for the bathroom. Popular manufacturers and bath model. Price policy.
The main advantages of liquid-resistant structures made of MDF - practicality and relatively long service life. As polymeric counterparts, these products offer a wide range of colors. As decoration on them cause different designs and patterns. To enhance the water-resistant qualities of the MDF surface laminated plastic films.
Plate made from this material has a relatively large mass, however it guides are made of solid metal. From the screens, made of other materials, MDF construction is characterized in that often consists of a 3-fold. Moreover, the average flap is fixed, and the side opening both in-compartment cabinets. The most common sizes MDF screens under the bath 150, 160, 170, 180 cm.
When purchasing a sliding screen of the MDF is important to clarify whether the moisture-resistant material
Sliding glass and mirror screen model: increase the space bathroom
Such designs are used much less frequently than plastic. This is due to the fact that they have very poor resistance to mechanical stress. However, they are of high quality, presentable, as well as resistance to moisture.
The amount of such panels correspond to products from other materials. The easiest way to buy Sliding screens for bathtubs 150 cm. However, glass screens for bathtubs 180 cm is sometimes quite difficult to find. In this case, many companies engaged in the production of individual panels to order.
Useful advice!For people, motor capabilities are limited, there are models of sliding panels, equipped with special handrails.
A glass panel can be clear or colored. In turn, the structure may be both glossy and matte. Also glass sliding model can be performed with a variety of patterns and designs. Lights for this screen looks very impressive.
Sliding glass screens rather brittle, so the choice of this type of construction it is important to acquire a model that is equipped with a special film which protects against splinters in case of damage
Demand for products, the outer surface of which is represented by a mirror, is quite stable. Such an element, like a mirror fits perfectly into the interior of the bathroom and allows it to expand the space visually. As well as the mirror surface of the panel under the bath room allows you to add the play of light.
Mirror elements can be mounted at different angles, and add artificial illumination. The finished design looks very original and presentable. Among the few drawbacks of this option are the following: the fragility of the panel, the difficulties associated with the care of a smooth surface.
Design options Sliding screens
The exterior of the panels of this type can be very different. For example, the very popular models that are equipped with photo printing. Printing can be of two types: regular (2D) and volumetric (3D). The last option creates the effect of depth of space that looks very stylish and original.
For rooms, decorated in a minimalist style, it is recommended to select monochrome versions. The structure of the outer surface at the monophonic models can be both glossy and matte.
Today's manufacturers offer customers print any image on the plastic screen service, which will decorate the bathroom in any style
Not only the panel of these products have a decorative design. Legs, which perform the function of support, are also distinguished by an abundance of design solutions. Costly design equipped with legs decorated antique. The shape of these elements can be very different - from simple geometric shapes, to paw.
How to choose a sliding screen for a bath?
Before you buy a screen for baths sliding type you are kindly requested to consider three main points, such as:
- the size;
The above parameters define the complexity of installation, ease of use and operational design of the period of service. As already mentioned above, the most common screen sizes under the bath 150, and 170 cm. Material and design is chosen individually, depending on the preferences of the owners and the characteristics of a particular room.
Modern sliding screens are equipped with special features that allow you to not interfere with the communication and adjust the height of the structure
If you purchased an acrylic bath, which has a non-standard sizes, it is recommended to pre-book an individual screen. Otherwise, select the desired option is unlikely. For financial savings can buy a product such as the deaf. Such a model is less functional, however, is suitable for secure communications.
Useful advice!To expand the functionality often buy folding bath screens. Such screens are in most cases equipped with special shelves. However, we must take into account the useful floor area as folding model - not the best choice for a standard, small-sized bathroom.
Frame for panels made of aluminum, is most suitable for this. Experts recommend the use of plastic frames only if the leaf panels are also made from this material, otherwise ─ frame can not withstand the load).
The screens are made of MDF or particle board, it is not recommended to buy, if the bathroom is not a good ventilation system. Good communication does not allow the exhaust to linger in the room excess moisture.
Quality sliding screens are equipped with functional details, which allow not only easy to use design, but also to adjust its size if necessary
For small bathrooms is only suitable sliding model construction. When purchasing such a screen is necessary to pay attention to the following factors:
- serviceability of the caster mechanism;
- a guide member;
- convenience products regulation height legs.
With the price of screens for baths can be found on the Internet at sites that are engaged in the implementation of these products. As a general rule, to buy a sliding bath screens 170 cm need to spend from 2 to 5 thousand rubles.
How to set the screen at a bath sliding type?
The process of installing the plastic panels for bath of this type does not require special building skills. In order to perform the installation of the structures necessary to carefully read the instructions below.
Installation instructions standard type of sliding screen
assembly algorithm plastic screen looks like this:
- first you need to find the middle of the panel. It's enough to take advantage of common building with a tape measure;
- Further, it is necessary to define a point which will correspond to the center of the tub rim;
- median points are marked with a marker or pencil;
- at this stage, the upper part of the panel you need to get for a side. In order to perform this manipulation is required to put the product near a bathtub, and tilt it at an angle of 30-40 °;
- then you need to determine the optimal position of the panel and make the appropriate markings on the wall;
- Further, reinforcing components are fixed, as are often used corners. Fixing is done along the marked lines using a drill and dowel-nails. For screens whose length is 150 cm, enough to perform a reinforcing frame around its perimeter. Screens for bathtubs 170 cm require more serious gain, namely the 1-2 intermediate props. Sliding bath screens 180, see also require mounting intermediate racks;
- make your own frame for the panel is quite simple: it is necessary to perform measurements and cut the appropriate length strips of metal profile. The docking elements produced by screws or corners;
- put the panel so that it was located close to the corners of the metal frame or unscrew and feet (for fixation);
- at this stage, the frame panel is fixed to the chassis or metal corners. To fix the decorative elements are used;
- at the end of the gap between the edge of the bath and screen frame filled with a special sealing compound to prevent the ingress of moisture into the structure.
Before installing screen doors must be installed and securely design framework
Useful advice!For convenience during operation, the sliding system is recommended to glue the flaps of her pen.
The easiest way shielded iron bath. In this case it is sufficient to fix the sliding structure via legs (standing be careful when fixing legs sliding screen under the bath 180 cm). And at the screening of acrylic baths should be careful, because there is a risk of its lifting loosening legs. This is due to the fact that the acrylic bowl weighs much less than iron.
Production of sliding screen under the bath with his hands
Self-production of a sliding panel - simple process. If necessary, you can perform a continuous display of gypsum board or MDF. The above materials should be selected in accordance with their resistance to moisture. After installation of a sheet material, the screen is coated with ceramic tiles. To gain access to the tubes inspection window (door) is performed in such a screen.
Instructions for assembling the frame for sliding screen with your hands
Sliding model to produce a little more complicated, but if you follow the sequence of actions, then the problems with the assembly of this design should arise. Below we describe how to perform a sliding screen with the use of the W-shaped profile, as well as the materials that will be required for this.
Consider what materials you need to prepare for the production of their own hands sliding bath screens:
- u-shaped profile. Profile Material selected depending on the damper material. The most commonly used profiles of aluminum or plastic. The width of such structure should be not less than 20 mm and not more than 24 mm;
- tube racks. Experts recommend using steel pipes. tubes sectional figure should be about 10 mm.
First, you need to execute the threads on the ends of the tubes. The screen is fixed by means of special fasteners. Sliding doors is recommended to be made of cheap and easy to handle plastic material. Get a plastic flap is quite simple: you have to cut the polymer panel apart. In order not to err in the amounts recommended in advance to carry out all measurements and perform the appropriate markup. Then, the obtained part, be glued together. This is best suitable transparent adhesive.
The circuit structure for doors of the sliding type screen
The algorithm works as follows:
- measurements and locations are marked bores initially produced.
- With the level marked points in which are arranged latching elements.
- For guides (upper and lower) must measure corresponding to the length, the segments u-shaped metal profile.
- The panel is cut into pieces. Thus, the flaps are obtained the required size.
- the screen assembly.
- Installing a structure using the spacer struts.
Note!The screen is formed on the basis of W-shaped profile, it has some drawbacks. The main disadvantage of this construction is the poor resistance to moisture profile.
Professionally Decorated screen - a matter of taste. If desired, you can make a sash made of plastic in different colors, glue pens for convenience, to equip the construction shelves for household chemicals.