MDF film: as a glue factory and how to stick to
Table of contents
1 Stickers for furniture: what to buy
- 1.1 How is the industry facing furniture facades
- 1.2 Pasting of furniture fronts at home
- 1.3 Pasting countertops film under the tree
- 1.4 Basic information about the film facades
- 2 Output
Greetings dear readers of this blog. As part of the renovation of the course will discuss how film made of MDF fronts in industrial applications and as a pasting facades can be done by yourself.
I will not specifically talk about what is best painted MDF or film, and as soon as I say that behind the facade, foil glued future. The fact that such an order of magnitude more accurate components durable and, most importantly, cheaper to produce than MDF or MDF painted enamel covered.
Modern furniture with bright glossy coated
Choosing painted MDF or film to assemble kitchen set, keep in mind that even with a high-quality enamel time vzbuhnet or oblezet, whereas film coating life can total a decade without the need for repair.
Stickers for furniture: what to buy
And that's part of the film selection of colors for MDF facades
It is important to understand that sticking to the board materials can not every film. If the randomly selected from the market for self-adhesive and stick of furniture, then the surface is likely to be not perfectly smooth, and the corners of the coating will puff up and after a while will depart.
problem solving are two, namely, buy commercially manufactured facade, which is not oblezet and will look great. The second option - is to buy a good film that has a high adhesion to various substrates, including wood.
Such materials are, for example, can be purchased at these stores like Leroy Merlin for the price of 125 to 900 rubles. per roll. Standard length quality coating with a thickness of 0.3-0.5 mm on the roll is 2 meters and a width of 45 cm.
The difference in value is due to the thickness and material quality of the adhesive layer. That is, the film price is higher, the better.
How is the industry facing furniture facades
Look no further as do components for these sets
Industrial production of MDF facades and subsequent decorating film is as follows:
Blanks for furniture facades MDF
- In accordance with the specification of products is performed cutting slabs with a thickness of 6 to 32 mm in the individual parts;
Milling machine with forced abduction dust
- The cut blanks are sent to the milling plant, wherein the blanks on the special equipment configuration required is attached;
- Face milling cutter blank is processed manually, whereupon the manufacture of facade can be regarded as complete;
The glue film to the MDF? Of course, hot melt
- In the next step the item is flagged in the adhesive shop, where the surface is applied to a special hot melt adhesive which is activated at an elevated temperature;
Billets prepared for applying the vinyl cover
- The prepared thus item enters the shop-vacuum pressing the membrane, where with the help of special equipment tightened hot film which comes into contact with the hot melt;
Vinyl cools after vacuum treatment
- After the film cools, the excess cut off and the product is ready for packaging.
Trim excess material along the contour
Most of the production process is automated, so the product obtained at the output of high-quality accurate and relatively inexpensive.
So I said, what is the instruction manufacturing furniture facades pasted vinyl film.
Unfortunately, all the stages of the production process, for obvious reasons can not be realized with his own hands at home. However, there is a way to restore or update your furniture with PVC film.
Pasting of furniture fronts at home
Now I talk about how you can glue the film MDF facade on a flat surface.
To carry out the planned works will need the following materials and tools:
- PVC film;
- White Spirit;
- Soft lint-free cloth;
- New wide plastering trowel;
- Acute stationery knife;
- sharp scissors;
- household hair dryer.
Spatula must be really new, since a used tool can be subtle irregularities, which will scratch the film when ironing.
Work consists of the following steps.
self-sticking PVC coating Instructions
Despite the fact that the instruction of the film sticking to the MDF is simple, quality of the final result will depend on how closely you follow it.
The cabinet door, the color of which you want to change
- At the initial stage of the surface to be decorated carefully rubbed with a cloth soaked in white spirit;
- Measure the perimeter surface and pasted to these measurements is cut self-adhesive with a margin of 1-2 cm on each side;
Trimming a piece of the desired size
- We turn self-adhesive underside to roll to the top;
- Putting a self-adhesive edge to the edge of the facade and separate the edge of the substrate;
Start by gluing end
- Further gradually unfold roll, separating the substrate;
Alignment film materials at hand
- Spatula, wrapped in cloth, smooth Stickers to her did not appear bubbles;
Trimming excess material
- After the film is uniformly glued across the surface, excess selfadhesive trimmed around the perimeter;
Detail of kitchen units, independently pasted over with PVC film
- Perimeter facade warmed household dryer and further smoothed with a spatula, wrapped in tissue;
- A similar method is used, if there is on the surface of the bubbles.
If all items have completed the steps correctly, the result is almost indistinguishable from furniture facades prefabricated.
A feature of the PVC film on the adhesive basis is small thickness.
As a result, each mote or unevenness on the pasted surface will be noticeable to the naked eye.
Therefore, carefully wipe them with a damp cloth facade and check for dust under the lamp or a bright lantern.
Pasting countertops film under the tree
On pasting furniture fronts you have already read, and now tell you how he gets off the kitchen countertop. The main stages of the work are not much different from the previous method, so just lay out your photos with explanations.
Grinding countertops, covered with plastic
First countertop oshlifoval changing grit sandpaper in grinders from average to small. The need for sanding was caused by the presence of scratches and chips on both the front surface and at the ends.
Depressions and large scratches treated filler, then finally oshlifoval workpiece and rubbed with a cloth moistened with mineral spirits.
Further worktop was placed in a horizontal position. Prefab self-adhesive cutting with the expectation that it will last not only the front surface but also on the ends.
Bonding and smoothing synchronous cloth to remove creases
Self-adhesive is applied, gradually removing the substrate to obtain and acceleration bumps on the sides. When the main surface is papered, bent on self-adhesive ends.
At the corners of the incisions made stationery sharp knife and the lower piece buckled under the upper film. The film is at its end leveled with a rag.
Fully glued cover, left to smooth the ends
The remaining folds warmed hairdryer and in a heated state leveled with a rag. After complete cooling of the film is stretched and the ends look perfectly smooth.
The described technology can be used not only for gluing furniture fronts and worktops, but also for the decoration of furniture, major appliances, etc.
Basic information about the film facades
Popular Today MDF color film on the finished facade
Finally still tell that it is Membrane facades, what are their advantages and disadvantages.
Film facades - is a popular solution for furniture primarily for kitchens and bathrooms.
Scope of furniture made from such material is not random, as MDF, prokrytaya PVC film is resistant to excessive moisture. That is, if the kitchen is not installed hood and in the bathroom there is no effective system of ventilation, the furniture you bought will last for many years.
Can we say the same about their own furniture covered with self-adhesive vinyl? Unfortunately, self-tiled facades are not as reliable as the factory counterparts.
Self-adhesive, however it qualitatively it was not used pokleit, can not guarantee the absolute integrity of the coating. Factory facades have no open seams, so moist air can not exert any influence on the MDF.
Comparing what better film or enamel or plastic for the finishing of MDF, I note that all the coatings have certain disadvantages that must be considered when choosing furniture. But, the lack of film facades one - is the impossibility of restoration of the film is damaged. However, the price of these facades is acceptable and can be updated if necessary completely.
This time you learned how to film made facades in an industrial environment, and how to make the likeness of the factory of the facade at home. Have any further questions? Ask them in the comments to read, reply to all. By the way, I recommend to watch the video in this article.