Handmade Tile - how not to miscalculate the choice of instrument
Table of contents
1 Recommendations for choosing a
- 1.1 What to look for when choosing a
- 1.2 Overview of the main manufacturers
- 2 Recommendations for the work
- 3 Output
If you decide to put the tiles yourself, then you need a tool for cutting ceramics. Buy expensive electrical equipment does not make sense, so we look at how to choose the manual tile cutter. Personally, I always use such devices, so I have accumulated a lot of experience, which I want to share in this article.
In the photo: Hand tool allows you to quickly and accurately cut tile
Even the most simple devices cope well with their work
Recommendations for choosing a
In order for you to understand the issues as best as possible, the topic will be divided into 2 parts:
- Aspects that should be paid attention to when buying;
- The most popular manufacturers.
If you find products from the submitted list, you can safely buy it. If any of the described embodiments have not, the first section will evaluate the quality of the instrument, even if you have no experience in this area.
Good Tile will serve you for years with proper care
What to look for when choosing a
In order to quickly understand all the nuances, first learn the circuit on it shows the components of a standard design.
Let us examine each of the components separately:
Here is the simplest version
- Operating base is used to mount all the design elements for laying tile before cutting. In this case, it is important to take into account the length of the working part, to fit in your ceramics design. Choosing the need to reserve, for example, for a tile 600 mm suitable embodiment 800 mm and so on. The substrate must be solid and reliable, otherwise it will deform when using
- On racks fixed guides. These elements should be strong, as the cutting tool is at a considerable load. It is also worth to check how firmly secured these elements, if there is the slightest backlash, it is better to look for another Tile;
- The guides serve to movement of the working unit. Most cases two pipes, but there are embodiments in which the elements are made in the form of plates. Rail option presupposes a I-profile, this solution can also be considered;
Guide rail should be solid and durable
- Carriage - a movable element, which is responsible for the smooth construction progress. I advise you immediately look for alternative bearing, since all other solutions are inferior in its durability and reliability. The bearing mechanism is easily recognizable by the lightness and softness of the course;
The carriage should move very smoothly, the only way to cut the high quality tiles
- rolling axis is responsible for raising and lowering the working unit. Specific requirements for this part of the structure there. The main thing is that the connection to move easily and not loose;
- The rocker is necessary in order to press the tile in its breakage. There is also no special requirements, usually with this part there is no problem;
- Cutter - on the scheme it is not, because this element is located on the beam about breaking hub. The photo below shows how the design. This is the main operating unit of the entire system, from which cutting quality depends. Dimensions may vary by manufacturer;
Roller cutting tile
- Foot or breaking unit used for accurate nadlamyvaniya elements advance slotted line. This element must be robust and reliable, since a large load is exerted on it. Best of all, if the foot is made of steel;
When you purchase it is necessary to clarify the Tile if whether a spare clip. If not, then you can buy it separately, so as not to have to look for tooling in the process.
It is important to specify the size of the video directly into the instruction not to buy something that does not fit
- The control knob allows you to cut and break the tile. In order to perform this or that work, simply rotate the lever in the right direction;
- When cutting tiles on the tool go to the big load, so at the bottom must be anti-slip stops. They allow the tool does not move when you press on the lever;
- The substrate must necessarily be on the bottom. It prevents damage to tiles on metal and ceramics does not slide;
- Ruler allows you to set items in the desired position and cut the tile exactly. Also serves as a focus range to be cut to the desired angle.
Some Tile line foldaway
Let's list the details that you need to be sure to take into account when buying a Tile.
Ballerina is placed on the rails during use, to avoid interference, it is better to shoot in conventional cutting tiles
|The size||It all depends on the tiles, you will be using. To determine in advance with ceramics and then purchase a specific version|
|The presence Ballerina||So called a special assembly, which often comes as an option and is designed for cutting holes. If you buy a cheap tool, it is likely Ballerina will not be very good. As practice shows, only in Tile premium given site works well|
|design line||There are options with a straight line, and there is a system with rotary. The second option allows cutting at various angles. If you put the tile on the diagonal, then you definitely need a swivel option|
The line-gon can accurately set the cutting angle
Overview of the main manufacturers
We now consider a few brands that are well established among consumers.
I have to say - this is not an exhaustive list, I speak only of those cases with which he faced:
- Manual tile "Matrix" are different in that they have a guide in the form of a rail. According to her carriage moves very easily, it simplifies the working process. This type of ceramics products can cut up to 14 mm thick and 600 mm long. Usually included is a backup roller, the price of this embodiment is about 1500 rubles;
This option is very simple and easy to use
- German brand "Ruby" offers a line of high-quality devices that are durable and reliable. Buy them for personal use is not worth the high price, but if you put the tiles on a regular basis, such a product in a convenient package will be very handy. If you are interested, how much tile cutter, the price tag starts from 20 000 rubles;
Manual tile "Ruby" folded into a handy bag
- Products brand "Sigma" has a very robust design and convenient swivel mechanism for cutting the tiles from any angle. Many of my colleagues believe that this is the best option in terms of price and quality. The product range is very extensive, there one will find an option for their needs. Price starts from 6000 rubles;
Tile manual "Sigma" is a unique design
- If you need to put a few tile squares, and you do not want to spend big money on a tool, the company "Stayer" products can be very useful. It is a budget option, which, however, has a good quality and suitable for home use. Tile product range includes different sizes, price starts from 500 rubles.
An inexpensive option for DIY
Recommendations for the work
Briefly explain how to use the Tile.
Instruction on work with their hands look like this:
The scheme is very simple workflow
- First, you need to conduct measurements to determine how many tiles must be cut off. Do not forget to leave a space from the wall by 5-10 mm. The marking is done using the marker, it is important to control the accuracy of measurements, so as not to spoil the element;
- Further tiles inserted into the tile cutter, it's important to put it on the label, which is always there on the edge of the support. The line on the tile is combined with a label;
Align the arrow tool on the basis of
- The roller is located on the edge of the tile, then it is necessary to spend on the surface of the roller with strong pressure. Should be cut in a single pass, to move rapidly back and forth can not, because you can damage the element. On the surface should remain clear line 1-2 millimeter deep;
When cutting should be done on the roller surface once
It is very important to keep good tile cutting, if it moves, the product is simply spoiled.
- Next you need to put the foot is breaking with the tile edge, where there is a projection based on, and strongly pressed onto the surface. From this pottery is broken down by line.
Breaking through simple tile
If you will use the information from this review, it will pick up a manual tile cutter without difficulty. The main thing - to consider what the tile will be used to determine the optimal size of the structure. Videos in this article will help you understand the issue better, and if you do not understand something, write questions in the comments below.