Steklomagnezitovy list - all you need to know about this group of materials
Table of contents
1 Features SML plates
- 1.1 Differences Steklomagnezitovye sheets
- 1.2 Recommendations for choosing a
- 1.3 Installation Recommendations
- 2 Output
LSU panel is very strong and at the same time flexible
Steklomagnezitovy sheet of drywall exceed in all respects. I will tell about all the features of this material. We will analyze all the characteristics of this type of product, look at how to choose a quality option and how to fix it on the wall or ceiling.
Steklomagnezitovy (yet it is called of glass) sheet is so strong that it is used even for facades
Features SML plates
We see what products are and what are their main advantages over conventional plasterboard.
Differences Steklomagnezitovye sheets
At first we look at what it is. Sheets made of natural ingredients:
- magnesium oxide,
- magnesium chloride,
Elements on both sides are reinforced with glass fiber, which makes the elements of a particular strength and durability. Material safety is confirmed by certificates of conformity and the conclusion of sanitary-epidemiological service.
only natural ingredients used in the manufacture of sheets LSU
The main advantages are:
A large assortment. Plates come in different thicknesses, which allows to choose the optimal solution for any application. Thus, for the ceiling embodiment uses a 6 mm wall - 8 mm, and for the facade and floor - 10 mm.
In addition, the products are characterized by class, there are options of "Economy", "Standard" and "Premium". I recommend using the last two. "Standard" is perfect for interior and "Premium" is perfect for outdoor decoration.
|Strength. The sheets are much more reliable conventional drywall, they can withstand shock loads and have a lifespan of at least 20 years. And it is possible to use elements of lesser thickness without loss of reliability of the design.|
Flexibility. Of all the materials with which I work, it is the most flexible. It is not necessary to make an incision and wet, and it bends so important - element press tightly against the surface and fix it securely.
This allows you to quickly and accurately finish the surface of any shape. Keep in mind that the bent sheets of smaller thickness is better, however better to use thinner elements.
|convenient size. The standard size sheets - 1220h2440 mm. It's an option that is convenient to carry and install. Weight of the sheet thickness of 6 mm is 15 kg, which greatly simplifies the work.|
|Ease of handling. Steklomagnezitovye cut sheets conventional hacksaw wood or any suitable power tool. Plates can drill tool on wood.|
rapid erection. Fastening elements is no different from working with other sheet materials. To operate using self-tapping screws for gypsum sheets, which are very easily screwed screwdriver.
Due to the low weight of sheets to work even can be carried out independently.
For all its merits Steklomagnezitovye sheets cost a bit. Price per square meter of 150-250 rubles, depending on the thickness and grade. Of course, the plasterboard is cheaper, but other analogues are as much or even more.
Recommendations for choosing a
The main problem with the purchase of glass sheets - a large number of low-quality materials in China. To purchase a sturdy slab, use a few simple guidelines:
- color material. Qualitative embodiments have beige or yellow tint. Cheap option will be white or light gray. It is the most simple and obvious factor that can distinguish any person. Some sellers say that this is nonsense, but it is caused by either incompetence or a desire to sell you what is available;
Sheets should have a yellowish tint, is the first sign of high quality. White or gray color indicates large amounts of cheap fillers
- surface quality. Spend on hand sheet if the palm remained fine dust, so before you poor quality Chinese version. With good sheets nothing is taken;
- reliability ends. In qualitative plates are smooth and durable, from cheap - brittle and fragile. Try to gently break off the edge, if you get it, so reliability is questionable. Just damaged ends - not an indicator of quality, because they can damage during transportation and loading;
The ends of the boards at the LSU should be smooth and firm
- Humidity resistance. To test this aspect, you need a small piece of glass sheet. It should be dipped in water for 3-4 hours. If it becomes cloudy, then used in the production of low-grade magnesite and gypsum in the structure of many of the filler;
Qualitative material does not color the water even after twelve hours
- qualitative reinforcement. In some embodiments, instead of cheap fiberglass is glued to the rear side of a paper basis. This reduces the strength of the plates, and a layer of burning, which is unacceptable for the flame resistant material.
LSU sheets are attached in the same way as drywall or gypsum sheet. I do not consider all the technology, will talk about the important differences of which you need to know to anyone who performs work on their own.
Material is cut in various ways. To work equally well suited circular saw, jigsaw or hand hacksaw with a fine tooth.
You can even use a sharp knife with a rigid blade, it is cut, and a sheet break in two. Less of this option is that you will have to strip the ends of the sandpaper.
To glass-sheet was cut easily, it must be completely dry.
|constructed frame. Since the material is easy to collect reinforced structure is not necessary. Suitable standard elements, of which the design is being built, as pictured.|
|Mounting can be done with nails. This method is used when the sheet of glass is mounted on a wooden frame. for the work instruction is simple: the nails are hammered through each 30 cm indented 20 mm from the edge.|
Fixing to the metal frame is made by means of screws. They are simply screwed into the surface so that the hat was slightly recessed into the surface.
A gap is left between the sheets is not less than 3 mm, which is subsequently zashpaklevyvaetsya.
For best reliability sheets arranged so that the fibers are vertical.
The surface finish can be any method. If using ceramic tiles, the glass-sheets are simply primed for interior decoration.
Under the wallpaper should be repaired joints and screws putty. LSU is suitable for any building material, whether it be a decorative plaster or paint.
Now that you know how to choose a quality steklomagnezitovy leaves on which aspects should pay attention during installation. Videos in this article even better reveal the topic, and if you do not understand some moments - ask in the comments below.