Parquet adhesive - 4 types of compounds, their purpose and use features
Table of contents
- 1 What should be the adhesive
2 Types of parquet glue
- 2.1 Type 1: The aqueous dispersion composition
- 2.2 Type 2: the synthetic material to solvents
- 2.3 Type 3: one-component polymer composition
- 2.4 Type 4: Two-component polymeric material
3 Applying adhesive for various types of coatings and bases
- 3.1 Options for using the adhesive material
- 4 Output
Bonding - is a reliable way of fixing wooden planks.
Bonding of parquet, solid wood flooring and ensure reliable operation and a long coat. But before that you need to determine the type of adhesive, most suitable for a certain environment. Parquet adhesive should be of high quality so as not to damage the coating.
Understand and complexity of laying parquet, if you want to do the work yourself. We will understand what kind of glue for the parquet floor tiling there for what they are and what are their characteristics.
What should be the adhesive
In the lock for the wooden floor should be such qualities:
- The material must not shrink upon full curing. Otherwise, the coating will creak.
- In the adhesive for parquet floor must be sufficiently elastic. Otherwise, the floor lining will not mobility at its thermal expansion.
- Long service life. Instructions manufacturers said that it should be commensurate with the term of operation of parquet. And it reaches 100 years.
The adhesive should not be a lot of moisture.
Adhesive materials for laying parquet should not contain a lot of water. Otherwise, the coating deforms due to swelling of the timber.
- Good composition should not exude sharp, unpleasant odors after hardening.
Types of parquet glue
There are several types of wood glue. Each of them has its own characteristics. Before you determine what the parquet glue better, pay attention to the type of slats and type of foundation.
Type 1: The aqueous dispersion composition
Water-dispersion material is suitable only for dense woods.
Dispersion adhesive eco-friendly, so the most safe. It has no harmful substances and it does not smell. Produce it on an aqueous base with the addition of polymeric resins, such as acrylic. This structure greatly reduces the scope of its use.
Water-dispersion adhesive for parquet can be used if the floor covering is laid from dense, moisture-proof timber. For example, oak, ash or larch.
Type 2: the synthetic material to solvents
Rubber material in a liquid state is quite toxic.
Glue solvent comprises a rubber or synthetic resin. It is used for mounting strips of any tree species, so the scope of its use is very wide.
dignity - synthetic lock is easy to use and provides good adhesion to the substrate. He is fluent and fast curing, seizes in 15 minutes.
The lack of material - unlike synthetic dispersion composition (rubber, silicone) analogue exudes a sharp unpleasant odor, but it disappears after polymerization.
Type 3: one-component polymer composition
One-component polyurethane material is very effective.
One-component adhesive for wood flooring is very effective. He made from polymers such as polyurethane, acrylic. It does not contain harmful substances and water.
The composition solidifies upon exposure to moisture in ambient air. Such material is universal, it can be used for all types of flooring from different types of wood. The material is elastic, it can be applied to a coupler, easily erased with lacquered plate reader.
The disadvantage of single-component lock - high price.
Type 4: Two-component polymeric material
Two-component polyurethane composition of the most reliable of all the adhesives for wood.
Two-component adhesive is based on polyurethane. He is the most reliable, durable and dries faster than any other peers. These qualities are due to the fact that the hardener is added to it. Two-component reactive composition is optimal for laying all types of flooring, solid wood flooring and all sorts of wood.
The lack of material - it is toxic.
Polyurethane adhesive liquid is harmful to health. Therefore, you need to work with him, using personal protective equipment.
Applying adhesive for various types of coatings and bases
Plasma clamp, proceeding from the components used in it, is used for various kinds of coating and substrate.
Options for using the adhesive material
When laying parquet on plywood sheets should be used synthetic substance.
Installation on plywood piece parquet plates of fruit and maple woods. Such a coating is unstable when operating conditions change and humidity.
Therefore, the dispersion composition comprising water, there is not like. Parquet adhesive for plywood in this case should be a synthetic or a single component.
In the photo - industrial coatings, it should be laid on the two-component adhesive.
- Installation of industrial flooring. Such commercial coating was developed for floors experiencing heavy loads and high traffic. Here it will be advantageous to use two-component adhesive based on polyurethane.
Directly to the screed small strips can be glued two-component composition.
- Fixing parquet to the screed (excluding strips of width greater than 12 cm). There are two options:
- You can choose a two-component and fix the floor facing directly to the screed. In this case, the adhesive for parquet will spend less.
- You can mount the die on a special substrate (eg, Multimol). Then the glue will be spent twice.
Parquet board for screed fixed polyurethane glue.
- Fixing to the screed strips wider than 12 cm. In this case, thinking what to choose makeup, it is necessary to take into account that the adhesive should be as firm and elastic. These options have a two-component material.
You can use adhesive for wood flooring and solid wood for the installation directly in the filler. Sometimes, based on the operating conditions, it is desirable to apply a substrate Multimol.
In such an unstable screed covering to be a one-component glue material.
laying their own hands splines on fragile base (wider apart dies 12 cm). In this case, the latch must have high adhesion parameters due to the low strength of the screed. Here the best option - to use a one-component adhesive for wood flooring.
The increased elasticity of the fixing material will deter danger cladding deformation due to discontinuities preservative.
Laying to plywood plates with a width less than 12 cm. There arises the need to stop the voltage appearing between the floor covering and the substrate at an elevated relative humidity.
This can be done only durable, but flexible material. Under this definition, one-component and two-component adhesive for wood flooring.
Parquet and massive board to the plywood attached one-component acrylic fixative.
- Commit to the plywood strips with a width of more than 12 cm. Before coating paste, it is necessary to impart increased strength to the vertical tearing. With this task well cope-component acrylic material.
Steps for mounting the shield facing.
- Bonding shield decoration to the plywood. Wide-glued covering not tolerate exposure to water. Therefore, water-dispersive material unsuitable for its fixation. The optimal solution in this case is to use durable and elastic retainer - synthetic or single component.
Already lacquered finish requires very thorough pasting.
- Installation of floor coverings with a layer of lacquer on the underside. Under these conditions there is a risk of the bundle stacking cover due to vertical loads on tearing.
When the underside of the strips is a layer of lacquer, prior to their mounting adhesive test any kind of resistance to vertical separation. Here, in most cases, better than any other analogue behaves single component adhesive.
Properly selecting the lock, and correctly applying it, you'll get a beautiful and durable flooring for many years.
Parquet adhesive only reliably and securely fix the flooring when you choose the right kind of him. There are several types of such material, each of which has its purpose. Keep this in mind when you are laid parquet. Videos in this article will help you to do this. You might have questions, ask them in the comments.