Kitchen - a place in the flat, which is most exposed to the plurality of negative factors: high humidity, water splashes and grease, scratchesFrom furniture, stains of different origin, etc. Especially with this, the floor suffers. But at the same time, the kitchen is one of the favorite places where the whole family gathers at breakfast or dinner. Therefore, it is important not only the practicality of the materials for finishing this room, but also the beautiful design. When choosing a floor in the kitchen, you need to choose the right color, the right material, the possibility of using combined floors, and do not forget about the skirtings.
- Textures and materials
- What should be the color of floors in the kitchen
- Combined floor in kitchen
- floor design in the kitchen( video)
- Modern flooring in the kitchen( photo)
Nowadays, the floors in the kitchen serve not only as a practical surface, but are also part of the design of the room. Depending on the tastes of the owners of the apartment, the kitchen floor can be made a background for highlighting other parts of the interior, for example furniture, accessories, or highlight it as the main design element.
Textures and materials
When making a kitchen you can use a variety of materials, consider the most common ones:
- Linoleum - one of the most popular floor coverings. In our time, this material produces a variety of colors and structures. It can imitate wood, tile, stone.
- Tiles or tiles - the most versatile material for flooring kitchen. When planning any kind of design, you can choose a suitable tile according to color, size or structure.
- The tree is perfect for a kitchen floor in a classic style. This material is less practical because it is afraid of moisture and stains, but it looks very rich and noble.
- Laminate - cheaper and more practical than wood, well-suited for the "warm floor".In the design, you can use instead of a wooden floor, as it mimics well the various types of wood.
- Cork cover - ideal for lovers of all natural and environmental.
What should be the color of the floors in the kitchen
The color of the floors in the kitchen should be chosen not only based on the tastes of the owners, but also taking into account some other factors: the size of the room, sunlight, the color of the walls and furniture. Depending on the color of the floor, the room can visually become more spacious, higher or lower, lower.
Consider the most common colors:
- Kitchen with dark floor. In small kitchens, it is not advisable to use such tones that seem to compress space. Although, if you really want it, you need to combine such a floor with light walls, ceiling and furniture. Very nice looks spacious kitchen with dark floor. The combination of the lightness of light walls and furniture and the reliability of the dark floor carries a certain feeling of confidence and comfort. Special charm and elegance is the kitchen, in which the floor is wenge color. Wenge is the color of a tree that grows in southern Africa, resembling black chocolate. Darker shades of the floor will fit in the kitchen, the windows of which go out towards the south, where the sun's rays fall for a long time.
- Kitchen with a floor of light tones. These shades are well suited for small rooms, as well as for kitchens, windows that go to the north, where there is not enough daylight. Especially popular in recent years is the kitchen with white floor.
- Kitchen with gray floor. When designing an interior, its light colors are most often used. Gray color visually increases the space, so it is often used in small kitchens. In contrast to white and lighter colors, it is not so much visible mote and pollution, so it is more practical.
- Combined color. It is interesting to look at the kitchen floor, which combines several colors at the same time. People ready for experiments can make the floor in the kitchen black and white, or chess with a combination of two colors.
Combined floors in the kitchen
Recently, the combined floors in the kitchen have become very popular. This is a very interesting design solution, if you need to allocate certain functional areas in the kitchen or design a kitchen studio. The division of the room into parts plays not only an aesthetic role, but also has important practical significance.
More durable materials are used to cover the floor of the work area, not afraid of moisture, high temperatures, as well as well-cleaned of dirt, and for the rest of the space - materials that you want to use in the interior of the kitchen, but they have low practicality for such a room.
In the kitchen floor design, interesting combinations are used:
- Cork cover - wood;
- Cork cover - laminate;
- Tile or tile - wood;
- Tiles or tiles - laminate.
Plinth in the kitchen on the floor: complete the integrity of the
So, there is a modern decent floor, but the design in the kitchenWill not be completed without skirting.
Even the most refined and beautiful interior will not look if there is an unaesthetic gap between the wall and the floor. In addition, the plinth also has a practical role - it enhances the thermal insulation and sound insulation of the room.
How to choose the material
The skirting boards in the kitchen can be chosen from any material on the floor:
- Wooden - less practical because they are afraid of moisture and pollution, they are recommended to be installed in the non-working area of the kitchen, color and texture should correspondMaterial of the flooring;
- Laminated , more practical than wood, easy to clean of dirt, but also afraid of moisture;
- Polyurethane - very well suited to modern floors in the kitchen, they are plastic, used for framing items with uneven lines, suitable for any design, because they can be painted in different colors, resistant to moisture, high temperatures and pollution;
- Plastic - also well suited in the kitchen, because they are well tolerated by moisture and easily cleaned of dirt, the shortcoming is their fragility, but this is offset by low price and easy installation.
Floor design in the kitchen( video)
As a result, it can be concluded that modern floors in the kitchen should perform a reliable and durable basis and at the same time be an important part of the interior. When choosing a modern floor in the kitchen, take into account all the necessary factors listed in this article, and cozy and at the same time refined, the kitchen will become your pride.