Choosing the ceilings in the kitchen, what you need to know the beginner
Table of contents
1 Type of ceiling material
- 1.1 film
- 1.2 cloth
2 Type of ceiling surface
- 2.1 glossy
- 2.2 satin
- 2.3 frosted
- 3 A few tips for choosing
- 4 Output
You are going to purchase and install suspended ceilings in the kitchen? With experience in this matter, I will tell you about the types of ceiling coverings, and will share the most important nuances of choice.
Properly selected suspended ceiling will allow to diversify and decorate the interior of the kitchen
types of ceilings
All existing ceilings are distinguished by two main parameters:
Next, get acquainted with all types of suspended polotkov, their features and performance.
Type of ceiling material
Depending on the type of material the ceilings are divided into two types:
Film ceilings the most popular, so when it comes at all about the stretch ceilings, usually mean just them. And they are most often associated with the glossy surface of the ceiling. In fact, the vinyl film can be not only glossy but also satin or matte.
Film ceiling look more modern
First of all, I note that PVC ceilings are beautiful, modern and practical, for which he received widespread.
- Large choice of design. On sale there are a huge selection of films colors, and you can pick up as the bedding tones and bright, vivid. There is also a possibility of applying printing;
In the market there is a huge choice of colors PVC films
- Easy to clean. Due to the fact that the smooth film, various impurities can be easily removed from it. Therefore, in the kitchen foil coating in most cases - is the best option;
Decorate the ceiling of the film may be photo printing
- Resistance to moisture. The film is not afraid of water, and even able to protect the room from flooding;
The film is able to keep the room from the "flood" the top
- Elasticity. This feature allows to implement a three-dimensional ceiling. This design looks impressive and original;
PVC film allows you to create three-dimensional ceilings
- Strength. Due to this quality square meter of the film is able to withstand up to 100 liters of water;
- Low cost. Film ceilings are much cheaper fabric. Especially cheap are matte paintings;
- Fire safety. Manufacturers claim that the film only melts when exposed to high temperature, but does not ignite.
PVC film is easily torn
- Easily torn. Despite the strength and elasticity, fabric tears easily at the point of mechanical influences. This should be considered when cleaning the surface, transfer of furniture and so on. Etc .;
- Instability at low temperatures. In frosty vinyl cloth cracks. Therefore, the coating should not be used for country houses temporary residence;
In the cold vinyl cloth can crack itself
The small width webs. film roll width does not exceed two meters. Therefore, to install the suspended ceiling in a large kitchen, required soldering webs.
This reduces the strength of the ceiling. In addition, the seam while not striking, but still noticeable, especially on glossy film;
The seam on a tension ceiling may be affected
- The complexity of the installation. For the installation of the film requires heat gun. In addition, the process requires certain skills, so I do not recommend beginners to take up the matter with his own hands;
Film installation requires the use of special equipment
- Instability to high temperatures. For this reason, in the chandeliers located near the ceiling, one can use 60-watt lamp. Halogen lamps must be an output not exceeding 35 watts.
Extractor hood protects the film from excessive heat
To film is positioned over a gas oven, usually mounted multilevel plasterboard ceiling in combination or set extraction.
|Mark||The cost in rubles per 1m2|
Fabric ceilings fit well with the classic interiors
Fabric ceilings visually different from the film, as they are woven fabric. As a rule, they are made of the following materials:
The performance and characteristics of all types of fabric, about the same as they are impregnated with a polyurethane composition, which increases their resistance to moisture and durability.
The tissue web can be decorated textured pattern
- Design. Typically the fabric has a certain texture or even textured pattern. As a result, fabric ceilings are not just beautiful, but also to look rich.
In addition, they fit well with any interior design, from the most modern styles, and ending with the classics;
The tissue web can be of different colors
- Resistance to low temperatures. This allows their use in homes that are heated only from time to time;
- Resistance to moisture. Fabric paintings are not afraid of wet environments, but they are not able to protect the room from flooding as a film;
Fabric suspended ceiling in the kitchen does not protect the room from flooding, as the blade edge is pulled out from a plinth
- Strength. Not afraid of mechanical influences, so to break the tissue web is quite difficult;
Mounting the tissue webs can be independently
- Easy installation. Fabric belt does not require the use of special equipment during installation, so you can do the job on their own;
- The large width. The web may have a width of more than five meters. This allows for seamless ceilings in the kitchen with a large area;
Fabric painting can be painted
- The possibility of painting. The tissue web can cover the water paints, and thus change the design of the ceiling in the kitchen, without resorting to drastic measures.
- Cost. Tissue webs are several times more expensive than film;
- Complexity cleaning. Textile web in this respect Me a practical, than the film.
- Matt surface only. Fabric ceilings are not glossy and satin.
Ceilings from the French company Clipso widely used not only in France, but all over the world
|Mark||The cost in rubles per 1m2|
Type of ceiling surface
Depending on the type of surface, the ceilings are of several kinds:
Surface tension ceilings
Glossy ceilings - a great choice for the kitchen, decorated in a contemporary style. Particularly striking they look in two-three-level structures, combined with matte surfaces.
Glossy ceiling cover looks the most stylish and modern
Keep in mind that the glossy stretch ceiling makes the room visually higher. On the one hand, it can be used to correct the geometry of the room. But on the other - to use such material must be careful not to get the effect of a well.
Decorate the interior of the kitchen and make it original permit duplex glossy ceilings
Another advantage of the gloss of the film lies in its ability to reflect light. Therefore, the coating can be recommended for kitchens, located on the north side, r. F. where there is a lack of lighting.
The glossy surface is able to make the room more light and airy
In some cases, suspended ceilings for kitchen - it's more suitable option than hanging. They are not afraid of low and high temperatures, thus easy to clean and are not afraid of mechanical loads.
Sateen fabric shines, but does not reflect the objects
Satin ceiling - a compromise between glossy and matte. He, too, shines and reflects light, but not as a mirror like gloss canvas. This makes it possible in some cases to avoid the effect of the well, which I mentioned above.
Satin film is perfect for drawing 3D printing
I must say that satin film is perfect for applying photographic images - it is they look more realistic. In addition, its advantage is versatility. The coating can be used in a modern interior and classic.
Sateen fabric fits well in any interior style
Sales usually satin film is found in soft pastel colors. But, if you want you can find paintings and bright, saturated colors.
Matte painting looks like a good putty painted ceiling
Film matte ceilings look less attractive than high-gloss or satin. In terms of design, they are more like an ordinary painted or whitewashed ceiling. Therefore, it makes sense to use them in case you just want to level the surface and get the classic white ceiling.
Glossy and matt film can be combined
Matte film is sometimes combined with a glossy, especially interesting look perforated ceilings. They are tensioned in two levels, wherein the web of the first layer has openings, through which is visible to the second film layer. In such a case, the backsheet may be a matt, glossy and the top, or vice versa.
Perforation allows you to create different patterns on the ceiling
As for fabric matte paintings, they look beautiful and dignified, as I have said above.
Multilevel ceiling fabric can look no less modern than the glossy
A few tips for choosing
So, with the types and variations of suspended ceilings we understand. Finally, I'll give you a few tips for choosing the coverage of the ceiling:
- Prepare design project. If you can not choose the color of the ceiling, prepare 3D design space, which will allow to see how it will look like this or that color scheme on the ceiling. Exception - the white color, which is universal and suitable for any interior.
Three-dimensional design allows you to see how it will fit into the ceiling in the interior of the kitchen
Price 3D project is on average about 500 rubles. per square meter. You can learn specialized programs, such as «3D Interior Design" or «PRO100", and make the project itself;
- Focus on the room lighting. As I mentioned above, in dark rooms, it is desirable to use a glossy or satin ceiling, as if they will give light to the space;
Use glossy fabric with a lack of lighting
- Before you buy read the reviews. Buyers often write their impressions of the various building materials in the shops and on the forums that can greatly assist in the selection. Therefore, before purchasing coverage from a particular company, read reviews about it;
- Pay attention to the smell. If the blade is sharp and strong chemical smell from its acquisition should be abandoned. Slight odor may be present in vinyl films, but it disappears over time;
- Before buying the certificate is required. Stretch ceilings must comply with the certificate of ISO9001 and ISO14001 quality.
Refuse to purchase suspiciously cheap paintings. Cheap film may crack and break during the first year of operation.
Here, perhaps, and all instruction for selection of a stretch ceiling.
Now that you know what are the ceilings, and themselves can decide which one is more suited for your kitchen. Additionally, check out the video in this article. If some points you do not understand, write comments, and I will answer you in the nearest time.