The most affordable and universal finishing material to date are plastic panels. Decorating plastic can be used in almost any room: whether it is a residential building or an office. No climatic conditions, such as dampness, humidity, drafts and even a low temperature, can not cause him significant harm. The given production is given practically in any building shop and by this is one of the demanded finishing materials. When mounting, it does not have the special complexity of fasteners and allows you to choose different colors and shades. Collect the plastic ceiling will be able as a specialist, and the usual householder.
- Plastic walls and ceilings: panel features
- Plastic ceiling finish: material selection
- Plastic ceiling mounting: where to start
- Assembling the plastic ceiling yourself: mounting steps
- Plastic mountingOn walls and ceiling( video)
Plastic walls and ceilings: features of
panels PVC panels for finishing ceilings and walls are leading in the market of finishing materials due to their low cost and hugerange. Depending on the size, purpose and shape, PVC panels can have several varieties.
- Sheet panels. Used for finishing large-sized rooms, with the fastening form the smallest number of joints.
- Assorted tile panels - square, so you can create a completely unique design of the room.
- Assorted batten panels - rectangular with a length of up to 6 m and a width of 20 cm.
Plastic panels have many colors, patterns and textures. By the technology of drawing ornament they are divided into laminated and varnished products. On the laminated panels the film is glued, on which the drawing is already applied.
PVC panels can have different textures and images. It can be imitation of natural materials( marble, wood, stone, etc.), as well as complex artistic ornaments.
Lacquered PVC panels mean drawing a drawing on the plastic itself in a printed way. Such a variety is more durable.
Decorating the ceiling with plastic: choosing the material
An easy way to lay the plastic panels on the ceiling is to use a metal profile available to everyone. The design is not expensive and quite economical. The metal frame strongly imbues the humidity in rooms, which are higher than normal. The profile does not lend itself to rotting, spoilage and deformation. Thanks to these qualities, this type of installation is very popular and widely used.
The modern production of plastic panels has achieved great results. The size of the panels has a different thickness and width. This fact should be taken into account when selecting panels.
When using thin plastic on the ceiling, the cut-in fixtures will illuminate not only the room, but all the fixing elements inside the frame. Transparency of the design of delight will not cause. Advantages of the material:
- Durability. PVC panels are able to last more than 20 years, if not subject them to mechanical damage.
- Practicality. Panels are not fastidious, the poem is very easy to clean. They do not require special detergents, they can be cleaned by the usual methods.
- Water resistance. Panels do not deform and do not decay from overabundance of humidity in the room, so they can be safely applied for finishing kitchens, balconies and bathrooms.
Among the shortcomings of the material can be identified low level of strength. However, if you do not expose the surface to damage, the finish will last long enough.
Installation of a plastic ceiling: where to start
When starting the installation, it is necessary first to make a careful measurement of the area on which the panels will be laid. The further actions will help to make an exact choice of the necessary fasteners, as well as the material for assembling the frame and stripe panels. Before sewing the frame it is necessary to remove the old finish and treat the surface with an antiseptic. This will allow to see irregularities and will allow them to be eliminated if necessary.
- Construction pencil, tape measure and paint line;
- Hydraulic level, gon and fasteners( clayers, screws, dowel-nails and suspensions);
- Drilling tools( drill or perforator), screwdriver and hammer;Cutting tools and chair.
Assembly of the carcass starts with an accurate marking. This is one of the most important parts in the installation. The frame is sewn in stages. Using a marking tool, a strip of the crate is produced, followed by fastening of the other straps. Next is the installation of profile and cutting of plastic panels. The installation of the panels does not take much time if the frame and crate are accurately marked.
Assembling the plastic ceiling by one's own hands: mounting steps
The process of plating the walls and ceilings with plastic is almost identical. The difference is only in the complexity of installation and in the amount of fasteners: on the ceiling the crate should be more frequent and the clamps will need more.
The process of wall and ceiling cladding with plastic involves 4 stages:
- Surface preparation. The ceiling must be cleaned from the old finish. Then the whole area is treated with an antiseptic compound. This will prevent the possible occurrence of mold or fungus.
- Metering and marking. Accurate measurement of the area of the surface to be trimmed will allow you to determine the required number of materials, and marking will help in the next stage of work.
- Mounting the crate. According to the marking, holes are drilled for the dowels with which the profile is fixed. The profile is attached around the perimeter of the room on the wall with an indent from the lowest corner of the ceiling by 5 cm. To the ceiling, the crate is attached with hangers. To maintain an identical height with a profile attached to the wall, a stretched fishing line is used. Also, at this stage of work, the necessary communications are conducted.
- Fastening of PVC panels. Before proceeding with the installation of plastic panels, you should pay attention to the perimeter of the room. If it is uneven, the first panel will need to be trimmed appropriately, so that all subsequent panels are fastened at a clear right angle to the profile. If you do not do this - fastening each panel will provide for its pruning at the end. The plastic is fixed to the crate by self-tapping screws. Care should be taken when working with panels, as the material is rather fragile.
If it is planned to install the incandescent luminaires, it is better to make holes for them immediately when fastening the corresponding panels: this will be most convenient. To fasten the eyes to the plastic peels off just as carefully, so as not to break the material.
Installation of plastic on walls and ceiling( video)
Plastic ceiling has many advantages. Without complex plastering work, a perfectly flat surface will be obtained, when the apartment is flooded by neighbors from the top, such repairs will not have to be remade anew. PVC panels are fastened easily, inexpensive and sold in any construction shop. The textures and colors of this finishing material make it possible to embody the most daring design ideas.