Kitchen Design 12 square meters (36 photos): U-shaped, two-row layout, with the island, zoning premises
Table of contents
- 1 Interior features large rooms
2 layout options
- 2.1 U-shaped
- 2.2 two-row
- 2.3 Option with a kitchen island
- 3 zoning space
- 4 conclusion
- 5 Photo Gallery
Kitchen Design 12 square meters to develop no easier than planning the interior for extremely tight spaces. Large area imposes its limitations, because we will have to think carefully about the whole situation and choose the option that most closely matches our needs and requirements.
And though the main limiting factor in this case will be the budget, in the same article we present a number of tips that will allow you to arrange the space so that the kitchen was and functional, and beautiful.
The spacious kitchen is also quite complicated in arrangement
Interior features large rooms
Kitchen 12 squares the area is rightly considered a very spacious room. Indeed, in the model homes and apartments that option is very rare - maybe, just so the network is difficult to find ready-made solutions in the field of design.
Option with a seating area and a dining table
As for private homes, there is 12 m2 - it is not so much: it is possible to find a more spacious and, if desired, kitchens are often equipped with high-grade solid-fuel stoves and cast iron stoves, coal-fired / wood.
It would seem, consider kitchen design 12 m easy - there is no shortage of space, we encounter when dealing with confined spaces typical high-rise buildings. However, an excess of free space is also undesirable, if not to take into account all the factors, the kitchen will be a cluttered or remain half empty.
Here it is necessary to adhere to these guidelines:
- To begin, we decide if we will use the kitchen as a dining room. If so, then the focal point of the room becomes a dining table placed in the center or on one of the walls. He will take the lion's share of space.
- If we eat in another room, then part of the kitchen is to provide for the installation of the cabinets. All that has been previously stored in the pantry (cereals, canned goods, perhaps - household chemicals) was transferred to the cabinets. Since the needed items will be in the direct access area, and we have significantly save time on cooking and other works.
One of the best options for a large area
- Excess area gives us the opportunity to make active use of household appliances. We do not have to choose that "squeeze" on the loose 60 cm - oven, dishwasher or microwave. Now you can set all at once - just to have enough money, and utensils really needed.
Such devices as a food processor, or multivarka dryers are often stored in compressed form, and therefore used less frequently than it should.
In a large kitchen for them there is a separate section of the working surface - and you will immediately appreciate how reduced cooking time, if you do not unpack the device each time, and to use them as needed.
And yet it will look like the room, and how it will be convenient to work in it, it depends on the layout of the kitchen interior. The most popular options, we will describe in the next section.
The kitchen area of 10 square meters - an ideal space to install the headset with the letter P. In this case, it is desirable that the length and width of the room were about equal - then in the center will be a large enough portion of space in which it will be possible to put a small table.
The advantages of this solution are obvious:
- Long working surface can simultaneously perform multiple operations on cooking, all the products and accessories can be positioned so that they do not interfere with each other.
Driving "kitchen triangle" to the U-shaped design
- Key objects - plate washer, and a refrigerator - can be placed at equal distance from each other. This arrangement greatly facilitates version job as to move between objects will be enough for one or two steps.
- Front of the window, which is usually located on the wall opposite to the entrance, you can set the table top, combined with the sill. The result is a wide work surface with plenty of natural light.
The design is focused on the most productive cooking
Kitchen Design 12 m2, extended in length, sometimes involves the placement of kitchen units in two rows along the long wall.
Such a solution also has its advantages:
If possible, the natural lighting should be used to the maximum
- Parallel installation of cabinets and pedestals optimally organize the storage of food and kitchen utensils. Everything you need is at hand, and get the right thing will be just a few seconds.
- On the front wall can be set folding table or a narrow bar. In these details when folded does not occupy much space, and they can be quickly expanded if necessary, get an extra work surface.
- Relatively narrow aisle kitchen furniture does not establish a full-size table. However, this aspect has its advantages: to move around the room as much as possible we will be free in the cooking process.
Since all the operations we perform on the stationary table tops, they should be perfectly tailored to the our growth and brightly illuminated.
Another design option with a two-row placement of furniture
Option with a kitchen island
Yet for a large kitchen most modern solution is to install a so-called kitchen island.
It is equipped as follows:
Plan peninsular projection
- Headsets or built along one long wall, or in the form of the letter G.
- In the center of the room is set on pedestals wide and long enough worktop - the island itself.
Sometimes one edge of the table top adjacent to the headset and the overall work surface - a design called peninsular.
- On the island can be placed not only the countertop, but also washing, and even a stove. In the case of a sink is required under the floor laid pipes for water supply and drainage, and over the stove or cooking surface should be strong enough to place the hood.
The classic version of the island with a sink
- To enjoy the island was convenient, equip it with additional lighting. Most often used for this purpose ceiling lamp suspensions adjustable length, equipped with guiding reflectors.
Such an implementation of the project will allow us to minimize the distance between the already mentioned key objects - the sink, stove and refrigerator. So that the level of fatigue during cooking will be much lower!
As we mentioned at the beginning of this article, a large area imposes limitations on design and functionality.
To relieve some of these constraints, experts recommend partially zoned space:
- The easiest way to do this by differentiating lighting. Along with the upper light over different portions countertop establish local illumination, and for each separate portion derive switch. So we will be able to share activities and to choose where it is more convenient to work with.
In a large room without a local light can not do
- The second point has to do with the installation of kitchen utensils. Properly allocate all devices, from chopping boards and finishing with a food processor, we will create an internal logic required for the proper organization of labor.
- Do not forget about the microclimate. When working in the kitchen is a high risk of overheating, which means that the window should at least have the possibility of opening in the ventilation. The optimal solution is to install the fresh air vent that provides fresh air intake is in the work area.
A powerful extractor hood over the island also promotes ventilation
- Finally, it is worth thinking about comfort. A large area allows the use of clumsy chairs, but if you do they seem cumbersome, the better to abandon them in favor of more compact folding stools or high seats for breakfast rack.
To create an attractive and functional design this kitchen 12 square meters, is very attentive to the interior layout, having considered several options and selecting the most appropriate. To determine the best solution to help advice from experienced professionals in the comments to this article, as well as additional materials on this site, dedicated to the arrangement of dishes.