Installation of plasterboard partitions (48 photos). A suitable and convenient tool. Installing insulation and nuances
Table of contents
- 1 New technologies - not always genetic engineering and computer war
- 2 A suitable and convenient tool - above all
3 We begin the installation
- 3.1 The sequence of work
- 3.2 nuances insulation
- 4 Creativity and drywall - a sweet couple
- 5 Summing up
- 6 Photo Gallery
Most likely, the idea of creating this material was not born in California's Silicon Valley. But as development in Palo Alto allows us to partake of the highest examples of the latest technologies.
And this material is suddenly allowed to so many distant from the building suddenly feel like a real master, discover their talents and decent designer and designer quite well.
But it is not necessary to have special design skills - see photos of the best achievements, gaining experience, quite a bit of imagination, and the result is such a beauty that you can safely proud
A material is something that - only polutorasantimetrovy plaster layer, pasted on both sides with layers of paper, called plasterboard. As it turned out, in the right hands and with appropriate support drywall can work wonders.
And it's hard to even think that this sheet of gypsum board - gypsum, both sides treated with thick paper - the reason, of good humor, which can bring to work with them
New technologies - not always genetic engineering and computer war
In fact, these materials have been known for a long time. Already in the "glorious" stagnant Soviet times among heavy repairmen went very respectful conversations about the predecessor of plasterboard - hardboard. But he was heavy, and even appeared in a few DIY stores "after rain on Thursday."
Plasterboard redefined many of the repair options. It turned out that everything is so simple and clear that no instruction is totally unnecessary, just a little ingenuity, accessories, and can do no worse Corbusier. Plasterboard can create such amazing partitions that this Frenchman they never dreamed of.
While it is true without auxiliary equipment drywall in their work is complete.
Tools and materials:
- metal aluminum profiles, they will serve as a supporting framework created by the partition;
- fixing material (screws and wall plugs, screws);
- putty, reinforcing tape seams, finishing putty plasterboard;
- sealing tape;
- insulation material.
The basis of the whole structure will be the frame of the profiles, which are produced by several species, so it is important to understand the purpose of each.
There are 4 types of profiles:
- CD (Russian masters have become accustomed to their designation - PP) - the main cross-sectional dimension 60h25 mm and length - 4.5 m, indispensable when creating curved walls have been manufactured in embodiment arched with a radius of rounding up to 5 m, concave or convex;
- UD (Mo) - narrower (28h27 mm) can be used independently, but often serves as a guide for the CD;
- CW (SS) - used when necessary to adjust the wiring inside the partition;
- UW (Mo) - guiding profile for the core CW.
Of course, without the support materials installation of drywall partitions can not be - one of the main metal is aluminum profiles of various kinds
All of the types of these gigantic metal bands braces can not do without a reliable fixture:
- Fasteners profiles, arranged on two levels are indispensable in conjunction perpendicular PP-profiles. Connector invariably comes in expanded form, and before installing it is necessary to bend along the lines of connection.
- flatten connectors also provide a compound of the mutually perpendicular profiles. If the load per square meter is not more than 20 kg, such a connector is snapped, screws are not required.
- Extension Profile is indispensable for large scale partition or error in the calculation of the length.
- Angle connector frequently replaces the single-level connectors.
Useful advice! Working with plasterboard and profiles are not "binomial theorem", as it said Viola, but still something she needs from us.
The main thing is clear organization of all preliminary calculations of future construction.
By calculations suggest approached very carefully - the partition size, place the door position or the passage, if it is provided, the number of required profiles and fasteners, the number and size of drywall sheets - everything must be accurately known before going to the building score.
You do not want to perform calculations on paper, draw on this computer.
Computer programs at the same time help to simulate different situations and under varying conditions of partition placement.
A suitable and convenient tool - above all
In the construction business much solves a suitable tool. Very often the success of the operation depends not even the skill of the artist and his experience, but simply on the presence of a suitable tool.
Among the tools when held partitions installation of plasterboard with their hands, must be:
- Drill - holes for fasteners. Pick tool with the ability to adjust the speed.
- Level - for layout. Of course, you can do the old-fashioned way - the usual string, but how much can "look back", the more so when the market is not uncommon and laser levels, greatly facilitate the work of all of the ideal alignment.
- Knife - for cutting drywall sheets. A very important tool, so do not interfere even prepare any convenient and a sharp knife.
- Planer for plasterboard - this tool has for poets of drywall partitions. Greatly facilitate polishing the ends of the sheets, but, in principle, possible to manage ordinary and sandpaper.
The most important component of any successful work in construction - reliable and convenient tool - good to get it is not difficult
We begin the installation
The sequence of work
If we talk about the bigger algorithm all the work performed, it consists of the following steps:
- marking all partitions designs directly on the place of its installation;
- frame assembly;
- fixing plasterboard on one side of the chassis;
- fixing plasterboard on the other side of the chassis;
- laying insulation (if necessary);
- joint processing.
The perfect alignment of all of the profiles created by design - the key to successful implementation of all the work
When mounting the frame in any case, keep in mind the convenient placement of passage or doors. If it is assumed the presence of a door adjacent sections along the perimeter must be strengthened further insertion into the grooves of wooden blocks.
Concern about the reliability of the whole structure should be the main mounting frame. It's not to save. It is better to add a vertical frame bands than ever to fear the winter drafts.
In a simple embodiment, the entire structure of the profiles, ready for future "reception" drywall, is as follows. Of course, the profile location frequency depends on the reliability requirements - here, perhaps they were too high
Before proceeding to mount the drywall on the other hand, do not forget about the wiring and design places the location of switches and sockets. PP-profile and is well suited for building wiring, but it is advisable to be more cautious and to use for such purposes, the PS profile.
Useful advice! It is important not to allow the joints sheets of drywall on the profiles. Ideally, all the distance between the vertical profiles must be divided by three.
Installation of drywall partitions at all the intermediate stages should look good, gently and without excessive waste - it is a guarantee of future successful completion of all work
In constructs walls of plasterboard, there is one "secret" and a very nice feature - they can help in warming the room. To this end, the space between the sheets must fill insulation - glass wool or cotton wool technology. But to do this it is best to "the other side" installation of drywall.
Thus it is easier to ensure the uniformity of heater placement. When the heater is "pushed down" between the already established two sheets, you will not be able to provide a satisfactory density and uniformity of the material placement throughout the area.
Schematically, the entire structure is as follows - the insulation is optional, but often very desirable feature, because it will help in the fight against excessive noise
But there is one unpleasant moment. When placing insulation between two sheets of drywall can not avoid the use of force, which, in turn, will cause the voltage of the whole structure. Do not allow the creation of pressure points on the inner sheets of plasterboard of the carcass cavity. Be sure to follow this rule and under stay free in communications. (cm. also Article Soundproofing drywall - Myths and Reality)
Creativity and drywall - a sweet couple
They say you can not finish the repair, you can simply stop, otherwise it would have lasted "forever". Maybe that's why, during the work, including the building, there are certain rules. There is a generation rate of assembly and during operation with plasterboard.
Some artists even give an exact figure, "to the hundredth" - 0.98 man-hours per square meter. There are those who focuses on such important characteristics as the "price".
But, hand on heart, say straight out: "Well, what does it matter when it comes to the design of the apartment or house and desire to do the job even not just good, but the best way possible." I am happy looking at his watch !?
Upon completion of all the work you can even forget the "rubbish" from which were stacked these "poems". No, the memory will be all right. Just inside, except for admiration, space for anything else does not remain
Treat plasterboard work with passion, adding to it a little bit crazy and calculation. Look at our video, which could achieve those whom this material "seized" full. And you can be sure you will not stand up for no cost or for a time to realize what you have in mind, and the material you in this will definitely help.