How to prepare wall to wallpapering: cleaning surfaces especially
Table of contents
- 1 preparation stages
2 The sequence of work
- 2.1 Cleaning the surface
- 2.2 Leveling base
- 2.3 subtleties choice
- 3 some nuances
- 4 Total
Sufficiently important stage of repair is pasting the walls. From the choice of material and the quality of work depends on the future interior space and the atmosphere in it. But it is important not only pokleit canvases, a lot depends on the quality of surface preparation. So, how to prepare the wall for wallpapering: videos, photos and expert advice, all this in our article.
The process of preparing the substrate is divided into several stages:
- Removing the old coating layer;
- alignment surface cracks and smearing;
- choice of material;
- choice of adhesive.
After that you can start pasting walls.
The sequence of work
Cleaning the surface
Priming and pasting base
If you are ready to make the interior of your room nice, but do not know how to properly prepare the wall for wallpapering, follow the following instructions:
- Prepare all the necessary tools and materials. We will need a metal spatula and means for removal of old coatings.
- • Wear work clothes. The process of removing the old finish - quite dusty and dirty job.
Begin to remove the old coating layer with a spatula.
If it's paint or plaster, they are fairly easy to dismantle.
A little more complicated with the paper web is pre-wet with water and wait for the disintegration.
Vinyl sheets must be removed in two steps: first the vinyl layer is removed with a relief image, and then - the paper substrate.
Remove the cloth adhered by the dispersion adhesive (e.g., glass) is possible only by using a special composition.
Note! Often the question arises whether Wallpapering is allowed on an oil paint or old cloth? In principle, this procedure can be used in the repair, but its use is much more disadvantages than advantages.
Now, align the surface with a plaster. Gloss over large cracks and unevenness.
- If you glue the fabric, which are quite demanding on the quality of the coating, it makes sense to align the entire surface with the help of rules.
- If the base is crumbling, use mesh reinforcement, which will serve as a good basis for the future of decorative coating.
- After removal of the alignment layer and the wall, we clean large base sandpaper.
- This procedure prepares the ground for the primer created minor irregularities will better strengthen the primer and adhesive.
That is how you prepare the wall for wallpapering - video in this article will help to clearly see fine workmanship.
- Getting to the primer. Osnnovanie thoroughly prime with a special mixture or use highly diluted glue.
Choosing paintings. On today's construction market there are many varieties of finishing materials. The choice of a particular type depends on your design ideas.
How to prepare the wall for wallpapering, will be determined after the acquisition cherished rolls.
Pick up the glue. Typically, a manufacturer interested in its reputation and delivers glue complete with linens. If in your case it is not, pick up, guided by the type of fabrics.
A variety of colors, shades and textures
Returning to the question of gluing the old layer. For example, a wall, painted with oil paint, you can prepare quite easily: make a small crack on the ground, clean sandpaper and primed.
But the answer to the question of how to prepare the concrete walls to wallpapering - is a categorical prohibition of the operation. Unfortunately, the concrete surface has a plurality of irregularities and can not serve as a good basis.
We hope our article has been helpful to you. In order to more accurately understand the technological and practical issues on our website provides detailed photo and video instruction, in which you will find useful information on the question.