How to glue vinyl wallpaper (48 photos): sticky webs of paper-based and hard coatings
Table of contents
- 1 Tools and materials
2 The subtleties of the process
- 2.1 Classical technology
- 2.2 Sticker in the plinth
- 2.3 work top
- 2.4 finishing corners
- 2.5 Finishing near the batteries, switches and sockets
- 3 Vinyl wallpaper on a paper basis
- 4 Heavy vinyl wallpaper
- 5 Summing up
- 6 Photo Gallery
Vinyl wallpaper is ideal for both new construction and for finishing with the repair space. For information on how to glue vinyl wallpaper, you will learn from this article.
Tools and materials
To work required:
- Special brush or fur roller for walls and applying adhesive primer.
- Rubber roller for use with sutures.
- Level or plummet.
- Paper tape.
- Cotton cloth (to remove excess glue).
- Scissors, a knife for cutting fabrics.
The subtleties of the process
How to stick vinyl wall: the sequence of work
1. Prepare wall
- Walls before applying must be thoroughly dried, especially if carried out in front of this stucco work.
- The surface should be no visible differences, dents, chips.
- Walls are primed with diluted glue or primer deep penetration. Pre-treatment is recommended walls antifungal composition (primer "antigrib" or any fungicidal composition).
- Glue diluted with warm water according to package directions.
- Bounces vertical line using the level or plumb, which will serve as a guide for gluing the first sheet.
- Then you need to de-energize the room and remove from the walls of sockets and switches.
Your attention! The walls are cleaned of the old finish, cracks shpaklyuyut and surface level. How to check whether a well-dried walls? Glue a small piece of polyethylene film, if it were water droplets per night, the wall is necessary to dry better.
You can also check on the degree of preparation of a wall, glued to her piece of conventional adhesive tape. Very clean it up and looking at the back side, it will be clear, as the prepared wall.
Presence on it of paint or plaster residues indicates poor surface preparation of the walls in the repair of the bedroom or any other room.
Before vinyl wallpaper glue, you must ensure that the premises are no drafts, no account the case can not include fans and air conditioning, open windows before the final drying paintings.
Stick blade on the old can not, they must be removed pre-moistened with water. A similar procedure is performed prior to gluing non-woven wallpaper.
The rolls were cut into strips, leaving an allowance for the length of 10 cm. If the coating is patterned and requires its selection, while cutting strips need to combine the drawing, not forgetting leave allowance.
3. Apply the adhesive
Once aligned, and allowed to dry wall, ready for adhesive application (it should settle after mixing for 10 minutes) can begin to glue the web.
Vinyl fabric glued back to back, without lapping webs at each other. Glue is applied to the size of the first sheet and paste it proceeds to the next preparation portion.
Adhered sure that the glue residue does not fall on the front side of the web, especially when working with light-colored shades.
Your attention! When nonwoven based coatings can be adhered to the vinyl sheet of adhesive is applied.
Before you start, read the instructions on the packaging, and just so as pokleit non-woven wallpaper with your own hands.
After sticking near the plinth at the bottom and the top is an allowance which is necessary to cut a sharp blade.
Tip! Better crop coverage when it is well dried, otherwise you will not be able to make a smooth, accurate cut. blade need to be changed periodically.
Vinyl flooring is best to glue in a duet. One cuts the bottom fabric and causes the glue to them, the other - on the stairs, ladders and paste a strip pre-coated adhesive to the wall.
The panels are pressed to the bottom wall and the roller displace bubbles from center to edge and top to bottom.
If gluing adhesive residue were on the edge, you need to immediately wipe them with a soft cloth or sponge.
Sticker in the plinth
If you can not remove the plinth, the sheets neatly trimmed at its upper edge.
The adhesive does not enter the painted ceiling at work, you need to wrap the cloth on top of 5 cm. After gluing strips doklivayut this site, causing the glue small narrow brush.
- You can glue the fabric at the corners overlap. This method is applicable for monochromatic webs and copies with a fine pattern. When sticking a sheet is letting the adjacent wall 1 cm adjacent to the sheet overlap subsequently blocked. This sheet is also pasted on a strictly vertical strip.
For gluing the panels overlap applied special glue. The disadvantage of this method is unsightly angle.
- Another way - perform work begins similarly to the first method, but with a large (2-3 cm) allowance. After drying webs stationery knife at once erupt two sheets vertically.
For this purpose, a spatula or a metal ruler, on which the two layers are cut sheets from the bottom to the top. The cut portion is removed, folded edge webs, adhesive is applied and the roller is rolled or plastic spatula. The seam is obtained in this case perfectly flat.
Finishing near the batteries, switches and sockets
Tip! For heating radiators wallpaper let in 15-20 cm and narrow roller is pressed against the wall. For fabric panels can not paste and paint the walls in tone.
In places where there will be outlets and switches gluing process takes place in the usual way. Pre-cut holes in the sheet is not necessary, because they can not match up with technological holes elektrotochki. This is done after gluing panels.
Vinyl wallpaper on a paper basis
Removal of air from the webs
The principle of operation is not very different from the usual, except for a few moments.
Vinyl wallpaper with paper backing as the glue is known to many as they were traditional for a long time.
Glue is applied to the surface of the walls and webs. On sheets of adhesive must infiltrate the base, this fold panel face each other and leave no time.
Heavy vinyl wallpaper
This type of glue is somewhat more complicated than a paper-based materials. Independently master this job will not be easy, especially if you have no experience in this business.
Before gluing heavy vinyl wallpaper, get a special glue. We recommend using Quelyd, KLEO Line Optima or Metylan Fleece.
This finish stretches when wet and contracts when it dries, it affects the quality of the weld.
Glued web should not dry too quickly, so the room temperature should not exceed 15 ° C.
We hope our article has been helpful to you. In order to more accurately understand the technological and practical issues on our website provides detailed photo and video instruction, in which you will find useful information on the question.