How to hang wallpaper (42 photos). Surface preparation and paintings. Pasting in remote places. Features meter wallpaper
Table of contents
- 1 Tools and materials
2 The order of execution of works
- 2.1 surface preparation
- 2.2 Preparing the canvas
- 2.3 direct pasting
- 2.4 completion
- 3 hard to reach places
- 4 meter wallpaper
- 5 Summing up
- 6 Photo Gallery
Often choosing coverage, we are faced with a global challenge - how to hang wallpaper with a pattern or without it?
Tools and materials
The first thing you need to prepare everything necessary.
- a bucket and sponge to wash the walls and remove excess glue;
- cushion for joints;
- scissors and / or stationery knife;
- putty knife;
- Brush glue.
The order of execution of works
A variety of wallpaper
In that case, if you have new and porous walls, apply a primer or solvent cement to plaster the day before gluing vinyl wallpaper. In the future it will help you to protect the wall and not to damage it after removing the cover.
If the walls painted, wash it with mild detergent and rinse with water. If the wall has remained gloss paint, be sure to treat it with sandpaper. This is to ensure that the glue is well entrenched on the surface.
Wet the wall before gluing vinyl wallpaper primed. Read the instructions carefully and do not start gluing to complete drying of the primer.
If the walls were covered with wallpaper, remove them from the surface. In cases where it is difficult, apply a special composition or moisten the old finish and remove the water using a narrow spatula.
In the case of cracking or chipping, zashpaklyuyte them. After drying, treat the surface of the grinding plaster.
Note! Filler, as all the materials used for the surface preparation is chosen solely on water basis. It is ideal for leveling walls of the apartment.
Before how to glue wallpaper, ensure flatness, smoothness and dry walls.
Preparing the canvas
Vain attempt to seek an answer to the question of how quickly the wallpaper paste. After this process, like it or not, it takes a lot of time. The exception to this rule can only be a sticky adhesive coating.
Also, to save time, you can help meter cloth, but more on that later. In the meantime, we shall understand with a standard type as well glue wallpaper and how to prepare them.
Preparation and measurement
First of all, check the lot number on the rolls identity, images and colors.
After surface preparation and verification of such move on to the preparation of the wallpaper.
- Cooking glue. It is very important that it is well mixed and swollen for a long time. You can use regular glue or special, how to select a guide and tell us the type of coverage.
- We start with the first band. Measure the height of the wall without skirting. Measure out the same length on the roll and add 7-10 cm.
- Draw a straight line and it cut off cleanly.
If the selected paintings without pictures, the length of all stripes will be equal, they can be cut and raschertit, unrolling from the roll. And what with patterned linens?
There is one caveat to the question how to hang wallpaper of this type. Cut several strips and apply them to the first strip. Then we cut the pieces as the work progresses in order to avoid errors.
Beginners repair business certainly interested in the question, which side of the wallpaper glue. You start with the lightest side of the room - from the window and continue counter-clockwise to the same window.
- With a plumb draw a smooth vertical line at a distance of 50 cm from the window.
Fabrics that require adjustment
- Put a strip on the table down pattern.
- Now we take for the preparation of glue, adhering to the instructions from the manufacturer. We reserve the glue 7-10 minutes before use.
- Using a brush, apply the adhesive strip in half, moving from center to edge. Fold the strip in half, but do not press bending place.
- Now, the second half of the sizing and leave for 5-10 minutes depending on the thickness of wallpaper: Paper - 5 minutes duplex paper - up to 10 minutes, vinyl - 8-10 minutes.
- Applying top half of the strip to the wall, and the second half and reserve folded twice. Now we align on our line and leave 5 cm in stock. If bubbles appear, gently pierce them a needle and smooth.
- Urging strip and squeezing air leveling from center to edge roller or brush.
- Now came the second half of our band. Expand it and well smooth.
Priglazhivanie glued strips
When the main part of the work performed, proceed to final finishing., To smooth their roller so that the joints were not visible or dry sponge (if embossed finish).
Surplus prune only after complete drying of paintings by limiting cuts spatula.
Note! In order to avoid wrinkles and bubbles during drying, close all windows and doors, keep the indoor temperature +20 ° C Rising.
hard to reach places
To glue the ceiling
Now we shall understand how to apply wallpaper in remote places.
by glueing ceiling work should be carried out together. Fold strip in concertina width of 40 cm, a mop stick it. The first strip is glued on the angle and level surface. To hide the joints, which is located perpendicular to the window bars.
As wallpaper glue right in the corners?
- Place the strip so that its edge slightly turned the corner to the adjacent wall.
- The following bands should overlap the previous by 2 cm. Using a ruler, a knife cut the two layers.
- Remove the cut edge, pressing cloth line to avoid discontinuities. Raise the end of the strip to remove a second edge, and then smoothes the joint.
As promised in the beginning of this article, let's talk about meter wallpaper. Every day they are gaining more and more popularity. After all, they cut costs, the number of joints and the forces spent for repair.
And how to properly glued wallpaper meter? gluing principle no different from the usual, but it is necessary to use a special adhesive for non-woven base.
We hope our article has been helpful to you. In order to more accurately understand the technological and practical issues on our website provides detailed photo and video instruction, in which you will find useful information on the question.