How to hang wallpaper on the ceiling (30 images): gluing technology, the choice of fabrics and comparison with staining
Table of contents
- 1 Tools and materials
2 The technology Ceiling pasting
- 2.1 Training
- 2.2 The process of gluing
- 3 The choice of ceiling coverings
- 4 Paint or sticking?
- 5 Summing up
- 6 Photo Gallery
Not so long ago the only way to trim the ceiling was whitewashed. Later replaced by monochromatic white surface came wallpaper. They are allowed to treat the ceiling as part of the design.
To learn how to hang wallpaper on the ceiling today and we'll talk.
Wallpapering wallpaper ceiling is attractive because it allows you to perform the work themselves, which is not the construction of hinged and tension structures.
Tools and materials
So, how to apply wallpaper on the ceiling?
Before you get to work, get a pair of hands ready to help you. Helper adherence useful for hanging the strip edges and adjust the direction labels, because the top is not immediately clear deviation from vertical.
The second mandatory item - a reliable support, it can be a table or a box construction.
- bucket of glue;
- sponge for removing excess adhesive;
- rubber roller to smooth out the surface of the sheets.
It will greatly facilitate the task of a machine for spreading adhesive sheets.
The technology Ceiling pasting
Do you know how to paste over wallpaper
Now we'll show you how to glue the ceiling wallpaper.
With the level of the wall will hold a parallel vertical line benchmark. To do this, we stretch the cord marking, scoring 2 cloves on both sides of the room.
For pasting the ceiling choose glue for heavy fabrics. Thick consistency and quick drying - these are the main characteristics of this composition.
Forget ordinary PVA or paste, they can not withstand the severity of the vinyl sheets.
Before stick wallpaper on the ceiling, we will cut the rolls into strips. It is best to use a cloth with a small figure, which does not require adjusting. The length of the strips should be greater than the length 10 cm surface.
The process of gluing
- Ready-strip thoroughly coat with glue with a roller from the middle to the edges. It follows that the glue did not get to the front side. For most species this is fraught with stains or spots on the picture.
To better soaked sheets, folding them in half or accordion.
Note! When folding like an accordion, you will be able to cope with a large canvas and stick it on the ceiling, without the help of a companion.
- The first strip is glued along the marked line. The sheet is pressed hands and irregularities are smoothed using a roller.
- Excess adhesive speaking from under the sheet, remove cloth.
- We are waiting for drying and crop surpluses office knife.
When dry surface in the room should not be a draft.
Now that you know how to hang wallpaper, ceiling, but this is not all there is to know to perform quality repairs. Move on.
The choice of ceiling coverings
You do not know what kind of wallpaper glue on the ceiling? In the photo nonwoven fabric painting.
You do not know what to hang wallpaper on the ceiling? The most popular are considered to be non-woven paintable, liquid or fabric cloth.
They all belong to the class of heavy and require the use of special adhesives based on methylcellulose which is able to create a sturdy grip.
- Painter's canvas - enough popular material for interior design. The relief surface can be painted in any shade.
- Liquid - a great way to finish. It can be used to create any pattern on the surface, to show imagination enough. In addition, they are a natural and hypoallergenic material.
- Fabric - will look great in a luxurious interior, however, require special care in the process of gluing.
- Glass wall - another type of environmentally friendly materials, used for finishing.
Such sheets have excellent sound insulation characteristics are not afraid of water, and do not collect dust on the surface that is important for ceiling coverings.
- Vinyl represented by a few species:
- Simulating heavy materials: stone, textile, textured plaster (Vinyl CD). They are durable, resistant to mechanical damage and unpretentious in operation.
- Excellent disguise irregularities heavy vinyl, and its variegated colors allow you to create extraordinary decorative effects.
- Very attractive coating with a smooth, pleasant to the touch surface - silk-screen printing. Today it is the most popular type of vinyl fabrics, silk-screen printing but requires a perfectly flat surface.
- Inhibited web - vinyl sheets are manufactured by chemical embossing, their main advantage - higher strength, resistance to moisture, chemically aggressive substances and UV.
Mural + plasterboard frame
Note! Sound insulation properties - one of the main factors to consider when choosing a ceiling covering.
The color and pattern fabrics should not be too bright. Light shades soothe and visually expand the room. The pattern on the cloths to be small, it is also visually increase the room.
Paint or sticking?
Which is better - to glue the wallpaper or paint the walls? On the one hand, painting - a fairly simple procedure that allows you to achieve a good decorative effect.
The existing diversity of colors of paints will pick up the necessary colors for any design.
In addition, there are paint with texture, allows you to turn the wall into a real design element.
Embossed Paint Rollers
On the other hand, pasting wallpaper - universal and habitual action.
Among wallpaper contains natural materials that do not cause allergies, which is not the paint.
Are you still looking for an answer to the question, what is better, to paint the walls or hang wallpaper? We offer you an alternative - a combination of these methods of finishing.
So, now you know what to do before you glue the wallpaper on the ceiling, which fabric to choose and how to carry out the process of pasting.
We hope our article has been helpful to you. In order to more accurately understand the technological and practical issues on our website provides detailed photo and video instruction, in which you will find useful information on the question.