Fastening systems are extremely important for working with plasterboard. Remember that GCR is a rather fragile material, which should be handled as carefully as possible so that it retains its integrity and strength. For fixing sheets of gypsum board use self-tapping screws, anchors and screws. The first type of fastening is perhaps the most common, since it is easy and convenient to work with screws, when you have a screwdriver at your fingertips.
- What are the screws for GCR
- screws for fixing plasterboard to the wooden skeleton
- Pick up screw on metal plasterboard
- Screws Profile for gypsum board: how to choose a high-quality material
- What screws fasten drywallprofile: choose the material
- What kinds of screws: drywall for guides or for other purposes
- screws for plasterboard: the size and use of
- last question:how many screws on a sheet of drywall
- How to choose the screw( video)
What are the screws for GCR
plasterboard work is never made without creating a frame, which is carried out and fastening the drywall sheets. Since the GCR itself is a very fragile material, it is not difficult to sew it even with a shoe silo. But the frame can cause difficulties for an unsuitable self-tapping screw.
What type of frame used for covering plasterboard:
Thus, the choice of screws is based on the type of frame to which the sheets of plasterboard will be attached.
Different types of screws are suitable for wooden and metal frames.
Self-tapping screw for fastening plasterboard to wooden frame
If you have the opportunity to use a wooden base for your gypsum board wall or some other structure, you will also need the appropriate screws.
What makes the screws to the wooden frame:
- thread frequency. A self-cutter for wood is characterized by a rarer thread than for a model for a metal profile.
- For a wooden frame, self-tapping screws with a large protrusion are required.
Screws for wood and metal can not be changed: the model for wood is not suitable for fixing the GCR to the metal profile and vice versa.
We select the metal screw for the plasterboard
For the metal frame, which is used most often when working with sheets of drywall, you need the appropriate screws. Their selection is determined by the number of layers that need to be screwed to the frame.
What screws are necessary when installing plasterboard on a metal frame:
- if necessary to fasten one sheet material, require screws for metal 25 mm in length. This is the optimal length for a single-layer coating.
- If you decide to create a stronger structure from 2 layers of dry plaster, then you will need longer models of 35 mm self-tapping screws.
If you need to make a two-layer coating for your work, you will need to purchase longer self-tapping screws.
Screws for plasterboard profiles: how to choose quality material
Unskilled masters can easily be deceived in order to sell low-quality goods. To be sure that before really reliable screws that will not let you down in the construction work, familiarize yourself with what qualitative metal screws should be.
Features of good self-drilling:
- Identity. All self-tapping screws from the same lot must be exactly the same. Do not allow even the slightest differences in the thickness of the self-tapping and threading. All assurances of sellers about the insignificance of differences should be ignored: quality products have an ideal similarity between themselves.
- The bit cross on the self-tapping screw also can tell us a lot about the quality of the product. At the best samorezov the cutout is strictly in the middle and does not have any deformations in shape. From this deepening depends not only the quality of work, but also the safety of the screwdriver.
- The dark graphite coating of the screw indicates that you have the right products in front of you, as this coating protects the metal from corrosion. Ensure that the coating is uniform without gaps.
Poor quality screws are often given out for decent products. Check several self-tapping screws from the lot to make sure they are usable.
How to fix the gypsum board to the profile: choose the material
The material of the screw is chosen in connection with the financial possibilities, as well as with the peculiarities of the premises where the gypsum board construction will be operated.
Outwardly, the screws of different materials differ in color:
- The screws made of brass or galvanized steel are white.
- Yellow screws are made of stainless steel.
- The strongest and most expensive screws have a black color. They are made of oxidized steel.
Do not skimp on self-tapping screws, as troubles with rust will then take away more money and energy from you than buying expensive products in advance.
What are the screws: for plasterboard guides or for other purposes
Actually, when working with GCR, a large number of different types of screws are used, as the sheets of gypsum cardboard are attached to the frame, which is also assembled with screws.
What types of screws are useful for all the work on creating gypsum board structures:
- To attach the suspension to the base surface, it is necessary to use dowels. Self-tapping screws should be selected accordingly.
- Short self-drilling screws with a strong drill are used to connect the guides and profiles to each other.
- To fasten the drywall directly, a long screw is required.
Consult about the choice of self-tapping screws with a specialist, talking about all your plans and ideas. Only in this way it is possible to select suitable self-tapping screws for those who have not previously had experience with them.
Screws for gypsum plasterboard: dimensions and use
Dimensions of screws allow them to be used. For different purposes, models from 10 to 150 mm in length and from 3.5 to 5 mm in diameter are used. With such a wide range it's no wonder to ask how to choose the appropriate size of the sampling screw for your specific case.
The following tasks are used for the self-tapping screws:
- The smallest screws are used for stitching the frame from metal.
- Self-tapping screws are used to attach metal sheets to the frame. In some industries such a procedure is necessary.
- The longest are used to attach plasterboard sheets to the frame. From this group, the screws are shorter to fasten 1 layer of GCR.
- Two layers of GCR are attached with thicker and longer self-tapping screws that are capable of holding 2 layers of gypsum board.
Pay attention to the size when you choose self-tapping screws. Even small errors can affect the quality of repairs.
The last question: how many screws for a sheet of drywall
Anyone who takes up the practice of fixing a GCR on a profile, are wondering which step is optimal for fastening. To make the correct calculation, it is necessary to remember several features of working with GCR.
How to calculate the number of screws per sheet GKL:
- The average strength design has a step of 30 cm.
- If you want to strengthen your gypsum boardYou can reduce the pitch to 10cm.
- Do not bring the screw closer to the edge of the GCR closer than 1 cm. This may cause it to crack.
If you have 2 sheets of plasterboard, then use a different step for fixing so that the screws do not match at the same points.
How to choose the screwdriver( video)
Both metal and wood require high-quality fastening for gypsum boards. Good installation requires good materials!The expense of materials will pay off with interest when the reliable design will show itself from the best side.