Nowadays, there are many techniques for needlework. In recent years, patchwork technology is increasingly used. Products made by patchwork sewing look very unusual, but at the same time elegant. Quilt patchwork is perfect for decorating a children's room of a boy or girl. You can make this product yourself. You will only need a pattern of a certain fabric and a little patience.
- Make baby blanket patchwork own hands
- Baby blanket patchwork own hands( video)
- quilt for a newborn with his own hands: step by step instructions
- quilt for a newborn( video)
- Quiltsfor kids: technology
- sewing Care quilt
- patchwork blanket for babies( video)
- Baby blanket patchwork( photo)
Make baby blanket patchwork his hands
Before you begin, you must decide on the choice of fabric. The choice of material will depend on the style of the room. It is desirable that the color of the pattern and furniture be the same.
Experts advise giving preference to cotton. This material does not sit down after washing, and retains its color for a long time.
You will need a ruler, scissors, a sewing machine and a cutter to make a quilt by yourself. It is worth noting that you need to take tissues of different colors. White and yellow materials are well combined.
When making baby blankets patchwork adhere to the following algorithm:
- first cut white and yellow fabric into squares. The side of the workpiece should be 20-25 cm. Do not forget to cut the edges of the fabric and watch the symmetry of the parts.
- After this, take a square of white and yellow fabric, attach them to each other face. Rock the workpiece with pins.
- Stitch the resulting product with a sewing machine. If you still decide to give preference to cotton, use thick needles.
- Then take the workpiece and cut it diagonally.
- As a result, you should get 4 triangles. Iron out each workpiece. This will help avoid shrinkage in the future.
- Next, you need to loosen the seam, and smooth out the color side of the allowances. Appear "ears" cut with scissors.
- Fold 4 squares, and stitch them. It is very important to monitor the position of the corners. It is necessary that they are perfectly even.
- After you have made one blanket unit, similarly make the rest.
- Sew all units using a sewing machine.
- Sew on the wrong side of the blanket insulation with a pad of synthon. You can do this with a sewing machine or manually.
- The edges of the blanket received are stitched. You can do it with a sewing machine. If you do not have it, do it manually.
Baby blanket patchwork own hands( video)
quilt for a newborn with his own hands: step by step instructions
Sew a quilt for a newborn can be at home. For sewing in patchwork style you will need thread number 45, template of square configuration made of cardboard or plastic, pins, needles, chalk, measuring tape, scissors.
Pay special attention to the choice of fabric. If you are sewing a blanket for newborn babies, use cotton materials. Suitable cotton, flax or coarse calico.
In addition, before you start sewing, determine the material for the insulation. Experts recommend giving preference to batting or sintepon. These materials can not harm a child's health.
Blankets for children should be sewn in the following order:
- First, cut the fabric into separate flaps using a template. All pieces of fabric should be numbered.
- Sew all square blanks into strips, and then join them together. Before making the flaps, iron them.
- Kick two pieces of fabric with pins, and staple them to each other.
- Lay the lining face down on the surface. The dimensions of this workpiece must be at least 5 cm larger than the pieces.
- Place a layer of batting or sintepon on the lining. Place the facial material( scraps) on top.
- Fix the blanket with pins.
- Make a blanket stitch with a special darning foot.
- Final stage of manufacturing blankets for children - edging. To perform this operation you will need 4 bands. The length and width of the strips should be a couple of centimeters larger than the dimensions of the blanket.
- Attach the stripes to the edges of the blanket.
- In conclusion, make a manual stitch with strong threads.
Newborn Baby Quilt( video)
Quilts for Toddlers: Sewing Techniques
The most common patterns for sewing quilt are Sota, Pashnya, American Square and Shakhmatka. Usually a baby blanket is sewn with the help of the Sota technique. The product made with the help of this technology, looks very attractive, and fits harmoniously into the interior of the children's room. This technique involves the manufacture of a decorative element of 7 hexagons, which have different colors.
Technique "Arachnid" is the simplest, and is perfect for beginners. To make a blanket with this technique, you will need pieces of fabric that will be cut into individual strips.
The sewing scheme of the "Arable" type is as follows:
- The blanket section is divided into 3 identical sections, the boundaries of each should be at right anglesIn relation to each other.
- Then each section is divided into parallel strips.
- All strips are numbered.
- The strips with the same number must be the same color.
The "American square" scheme provides a sewing technique, according to which all the colored stripes are spiraled around a small square. Typically, this technology is used in the manufacture of contrast products."Chessmath" is also a common technique. It provides sewing bands of fabric from different in color squares.
Care for the quilt
In order to maintain a good view of the patchwork, you need to follow certain rules. First of all, a patchwork quilt must be properly washed. Experts do not advise washing too often. It is recommended to wash such products manually in soapy water.
In order to avoid damaging the fabric, it is important to iron the blanket properly. If you used sintepon as filler, then ironing is prohibited. Otherwise, the blanket will lose its texture.
You also need to adhere to the following recommendations:
- If you need to hide a blanket for someTime, do not bend it. It is better to roll the product into a roll.
- If you decide to wash a blanket in a typewriter, put the most gentle mode. The optimum water temperature for washing a quilt is 35-40 degrees. It is necessary to switch off the spinning.
- Use bleach to wash the quilt is strictly prohibited.
Quilt patchwork for kids( video)
It's quite easy to make a quilt for a child. For this you do not need to go to any master class. Just stick to the basic patchwork rules. It is very important to keep symmetrical squares when working. Otherwise, the blanket will turn out ugly, and it is unlikely that the baby will like it. When choosing fabrics, pay attention to the fabric. Give preference to natural cotton fabrics, because they are non-toxic, and not ways to harm a child's health.