This kind of needlework is often practiced not only by skilled craftswomen but by people who do not have experience in embroidering. Modern needlewomen prefer to use for embroidery a variety of types of fabrics. Thanks to a special waybill can work with satin, knitwear or woolen fabrics.
- Beautiful cross-stitch embroidery: material selection
- Basic types of stitches for cross stitching
- How to quickly and beautifully embroider a cross: useful tips
- New patterns of cross-stitch: how to make an unusual product
- New cross-stitch patterns( photo)
Beautiful cross-stitch embroidery: features of material selection
To embroider a beautiful cross patterncom is necessary not only to choose the most suitable scheme, but also take care of the correct configuration of the basic materials.
- Threads for embroidery are sold with special sets, so it's easy to find the right colors.
- As for the fabric for the future product, cotton or linen material should be preferred. Experienced needlewomen are advised to decide on the cloth, even before choosing a scheme.
Embroidering with a cross is a counting technique, so you need to be careful with the work with stitches. It is recommended to use a magnifying glass.
More dense fabrics are perfect for creating paintings or towels, and with the help of fine material you can beautifully embroider shirts, as well as handkerchiefs.
Basic types of stitches for cross stitching
There are several types of stitch( stitches) for cross stitching. The choice of technique depends on the chosen scheme. The most common stitches are given below.
It is applied to the canvas with two stitches crossed diagonally. Stitch on canvas fills only one cell. When you want to make horizontal or vertical simple stitches, you must first embroider everything in one direction, and then - in the opposite direction.
It is used if you want to enrich the embroidery with an invoice. This technique is indispensable when you need to fill very quickly large areas of the canvas, because the cross fills a few cells of tissue.
These seams are combined with simple stitch. Thanks to this combination, it is possible to imitate the unusual watercolor lightness in the product.
This joint combines 2 crosses. To properly make it necessary that the bottom seam was a simple cross, and from the height it went - vertical.
Double cross( complex)
Experienced needlewomen advise carrying it on the canvas. Often such complex crosses are repeated and follow one another.
Here a large cross is made on 3 or more cells, after which the semicircles are applied to its ends. To enrich the background you should use threads of 2 shades.
In addition to the above stitches for cross stitching, there are many other stitches( "star", as well as "Algerian eye").
How to quickly and beautifully embroider a cross: useful tips
Due to the fact that cross stitching is considered a painstaking process, you should take into account some of the nuances in advance.
This will ensure productive work and will achieve the desired result:
- It is recommended to stretch the fabric before using the embroidery base and then iron well. In addition, it is important to check whether the selected threads are shed. To take care of the strength of paints, you should rinse them in an acetic solution( 200 grams of water - 3 tablespoons of vinegar).
- You can create a scheme for embroidery yourself. Assistant in this will be a special program Stitch Art.
- If the selected circuit is large, you can apply labels to the canvas. This will prevent the drawing from moving.
- When we learn to perform a complex drawing, where there are many colors, it is better not to make random crosses, instead they should be applied in rows.
- To achieve a neat and high-quality appearance of the product, the upper stitches must be executed in one direction.
Interesting!For cross stitching, it is better to use a special tapestry needle. She will not pierce the fibers, instead gently pushing them apart.
New patterns of cross stitching: how to make an unusual product
Today to learn how to embroider a cross is not difficult even for an inexperienced newcomer. Because there are a variety of schemes that can satisfy every needlewoman.
New variants of embroidery schemes allow you to update outdated tablecloths or wipes with unusual patterns.
Thanks to this cross-stitch embroidery, you can independently transfer the fabric of your favorite movie characters to yourself or create a wonderful novel. Modern interesting models of embroidery come in a variety of subjects. It can be festive New Year's products or lyrical, children's, as well as abstract schemes.
Cross-stitch: useful tips( video)
Thanks to painstaking and attentive work, cross-stitch embroidery will be a real joy for creative people. And from an inexperienced novice who ventured to tackle such needlework, you can become a real professional, whose products will decorate the house for many years and pleasantly surprise guests.