A polycarbonate greenhouse is a convenient device for cultivating different crops. But at the same time the breeding of seedlings in greenhouses has its own peculiarities. They include individual plant needs and other nuances.
- Features of growing vegetables in a greenhouse made of polycarbonate
- What can be planted in a greenhouse made of polycarbonate
- Preparing a greenhouse made of polycarbonate for planting seedlings
- Caring for seedlings in a greenhouse made of polycarbonate
- Polycarbonate greenhouses:Planting and care( video)
- Protection of plants from the negative effects of sunlight and temperature changes;
- Create natural diffuse lighting;
- Vegetables quickly ripen;
- If the greenhouse has heating, then it is possible to harvest in winter;
- Fresh vegetables can be grown in cold climates.
- High humidity;
- Less than natural light;
- There is no way to carry out pollination by bees;
- The risk of getting vegetables contaminated with fungi or mold is much higher;
- Difficulties in installation.
Features of growing vegetables in a greenhouse made of polycarbonate
Planting vegetables in a greenhouse made of polycarbonate is quite popular. A solid structure looks more reliable than open soil. In addition, the greenhouses have other advantages.
Pros of polycarbonate greenhouses :
In warm areas, early varieties of vegetables are grown in greenhouses. They are not suitable for storage or processing, but they can be eaten fresh. In this case, there are also negative aspects of the use of greenhouses.
Cons of use of polycarbonate greenhouses :
In addition to the advantages and disadvantages, there are also other features of growing different crops in the greenhouse. They are due to the functions of the hotbed itself. This is due to the difficulties in caring for the greenhouse.
To get rid of the room from excessive humidity, it is necessary to carry out regular airing.
You also need to monitor the amount of weeds, because they affect the production of vegetables by light. Pollination should be carried out independently, as the bees do not fly into the greenhouse. When constructing the structure, you need to pay attention to the installation site. The location of the greenhouse should be open without buildings, which cast a shadow on the greenhouse.
The greenhouse itself needs to be cleaned regularly. This is done so that the plants receive the necessary amount of natural light. To grow vegetables in winter, you need to equip the heating in the greenhouse.
What can be planted in a greenhouse made of polycarbonate
Obtaining vegetables and fruits in polycarbonate greenhouses has many advantages, so the hotbeds are actively used for different crops.
Under necessary conditions, any kinds of vegetables can be grown in greenhouses. Usually a crop of tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplants, radishes, greens and melons are obtained.
Before planting tomatoes and cucumbers, you need to prepare the soil. To do this, they plant Peking cabbage or greens. Each kind of plant has its own characteristics in care. Not all crops are well adjacent to other plant species.
Features of planting some vegetables:
- Eggplants can not be grown next to an abundance of weeds.
- Tomatoes like calcium-rich soil. To do this, you need to make top dressing with calcium nitrate. But it is important not to overdo it with fertilizer. Young shoots of tomatoes need to be removed in time.
- Cucumbers should be placed vertically on the trellis. In this case, vegetables should be regularly fertilized with solutions of sulphate and phosphate.
- Pepper must be staggered. It does not interfere with a thick landing, which creates a shadow.
- Salad should be planted in well-fertilized soil with an interval between rows of 20 cm. Harvest can be obtained every 2 weeks.
Every culture needs to be watered and fertilized on time. This is a prerequisite for obtaining a good harvest. Also it is necessary to take care of maintaining all the microclimate parameters within the limits of the norm.
It is best to plant different crops in separate greenhouses.
Ogorodniki-amateurs can not build individual greenhouses for each plant species. But you can select cultures that are well tolerated neighborhoods with each other and have similar care requirements.
Tomatoes and cucumbers can not be kept together. Eggplants, tomatoes, pepper, nightshade do not get along with peas and fennel. But they grow well next to greens and asparagus beans. Melons and beets get along well together. Cucumbers must be planted with peppers, eggplants and beans. Do not keep sweet and bitter peppers nearby. Otherwise, the sweet culture will begin to taste bitter.
Preparing a polycarbonate greenhouse for planting seedlings
All conditions in the greenhouse must provide comfort for the plants. In the greenhouse you need to keep the material for additional wrapping of vegetables. This will protect the culture from colds and frosts.
In winter time, attention should be focused on additional lighting. Especially in this need tomatoes.
The first landing takes place at the end of April, therefore it is necessary to prepare the ground till this time. For convenience in the greenhouse can be installed shelves for storing seedlings. At the same time making planting plants should take into account their individual characteristics of development.
Requirements for growing popular crops in polycarbonate greenhouses:
- Cucumbers must be planted at a temperature of 26-28 degrees. These vegetables love heat and moisture.
- Tomatoes are planted at a temperature of 23-26 degrees. They like moist soil, but dry air.
- Pepper is ready for planting, if the seedlings can be counted from 12 leaves. By this time, the vegetable has already turned 55 days old. The stalk is such a thick plant, and the height is 25 cm. The temperature of the soil should be 15 degrees. The optimal time for planting is the end of spring. Plant plants should be staggered.
- Eggplants are planted at a ground temperature of 15 degrees and air is 18. The plant needs to be deepened into the soil by 15-18 cm.
- Cabbage is planted at a temperature of 15-20 degrees. She loves a lot of light. The optimal time for planting is the beginning of April. When the seedlings have 3-4 leaves, you can start planting.
Seedlings should be prepared in accordance with the individual characteristics of each plant species. In some cases it is necessary to install heating or to increase watering. In general, polycarbonate greenhouses relieve many of the problems associated with protecting plants.
Caring for seedlings in polycarbonate greenhouse
Proper planting of plants and selection of neighbors determine the successful start of growing vegetables. But the subsequent success of harvesting depends on the care of the seedlings. Here the emphasis is placed on the time of growing and the parameters of the microclimate.
Features of care for seedlings:
- The optimal time for growing seedlings in a greenhouse is a month;
- The temperature regime during the day should be within 22 degrees, and at night - 17;
- After the appearance of two leaves on the stems, it is necessary to feed the seedlings;
- Cucumbers should be watered once a week, it is important not to pour vegetables;
- Seedlings need a second feed;
- In a greenhouse you need to place a container with manure or mown grass.
The last item is due to the activity of microorganisms in the grass that release carbon dioxide. It has a good effect on the condition of vegetables. In this case, lighting at the location of manure should be minimal.
Water and mineral fertilizer will be needed for the first feed.3 liters of water you need 2 teaspoons of additional fertilizer. The second feed includes 5 liters of water, 1 teaspoon of potassium sulfate, or half a teaspoon of superphosphate.
Often in greenhouses grow flowers. It can be decorative elements for bouquets or species in pots. In polycarbonate greenhouses grow bulbous plants. Care similar to cultivation in open ground.
Polycarbonate greenhouses: planting and care( video)
Growing plants in a greenhouse has a number of features. Each culture is individual and requires special conditions of detention. For a good harvest, you need to know how to properly prepare the seedlings for planting and equip the greenhouse.