Many of us prefer to grow vegetables on their own at their dacha, or home gardens, which allows to be sure that eventually the table will get only the most fresh and natural products, without the terrible GMOs andOther additives. Greenhouse planting of tomato shrubs is well suited for growing a tomato in industrial volumes. But what if the tomatoes in the greenhouse grow poorly or do not yield tomatoes?The first step is to determine for what reason this occurs, and only then to develop a plan to save their landings.
- reasons: when there are growing tomatoes in the greenhouse
- Why small tomatoes in the greenhouse
- reasons why not ripen tomatoes in the greenhouse
- How to speed up ripening tomatoes in the greenhouse
- answer agronomist: how to speed upripening tomatoes in the greenhouse( video)
reasons: when there are growing tomatoes in the greenhouse
Almost every gardener wondered: "why do not grow tomatoes in the greenhouse?"This question can be completely different answers, and each of them has the right to be. Let's consider what causes can have a retarding effect on the growth of tomato shrubs of different varieties.
- Substandard seedlings. Remember, if you do not yourself grow young plants, but prefer to buy them from others, there is always a chance to run into a "cat in a sack".Seedling can be sick.
- Violation of the temperature regime inside the greenhouse. As is known, each variety of tomato prefers its temperature indicators, and if your tomato bushes should be developed at +20 ᵒS, do not expect them to grow well, if the temperature is lower or higher than required.
- Damage to the bush during the gartering of the branches or when picking the plant.
- Insufficient amount of nutrients and minerals necessary for the plant. Such a deficiency very quickly affects the development of the plant, in color and in the form of leaves.
mode regime Violation of watering - on tomato varieties, apart from single species, is greatly influenced by how the lack of irrigation, and the excess water in the soil. With an overabundance, the plant may begin to rot, and if deficient, the bush will significantly impede its development or may shrink.
Insufficient ventilation of the greenhouse is detrimental.
As with all plants, tomatoes also need oxygen, and its lack of a bad influence on the development of shrubs, in addition, the lack of ventilation in a closed greenhouse space can lead to an increase in humidity, which also detrimental to tomato. Tomatoes are susceptible to various diseases and various pests and insects, among which there are those that completely destroy the bush without the possibility of its salvation.
Why small tomatoes in the greenhouse
can happen and this attack themselves tomato bushes were developed and grew very active, but they produced very little of the ovaries and berries. This misfortune also has its own reasons and there are not a few of them. You should know the "enemy" in person, to give a worthy rebuff.
So, what causes problems with the formation of ovaries and fruits:
- Violation of temperature regime;
- Violations of the regime of watering plants;
- Lack of ventilation;
- Excess nitrogen - this leads to a color mutation and the inability to form the ovary;
- The lack of potassium and phosphorus prevents the whole plant from developing in general and flowers in particular;
- lack or cutoff topping determinant in plants - in this case the bush forces go on growth, rather than the formation and maturation of the fetal ovary;
- Chemical treatments also negatively affect pollen, making pollination impossible.
As is known, the best condition for pollination of plants is a temperature of 21-26 ° C.At temperatures below 16 ° C, the pollen of the plants does not ripen, so pollination does not occur, and at temperatures above 36 ° C the pollen becomes completely sterile.
Lack of moisture in the soil can lead to desiccation and abscission of flowers, and they are not without bottles is formed ovary.
At the same time, with excess moisture in the air, dust starts to stick together and form large clumps which can not be spread on plants to the greenhouse. In tightly closed greenhouses, also pointed out the problems with pollination, due to the fact that in the greenhouses of the insects that help pollinate flowers usually open ground plants, as well as indoors, there is no wind, carrying pollen from plant to plant. The diseased tomato shrubs themselves dump flowers to the ground. Knowing what exactly you are doing wrong, you can try to correct mistakes, and have time to get a good harvest.
reasons why not ripen tomatoes in the greenhouse
can often be faced with the fact that the formed fruits of tomatoes did not want to ripen, remaining green for a long time. As it turned out, tomatoes are badly ripening for the same reasons that the tomato bushes themselves grow poorly and bear fruit.
- Density of landings.
To ensure that the fruit of tomatoes quickly and qualitatively sang, you need a sufficient amount of such a substance as lycopene. It is he who determines the saturation of the red color of ripe tomatoes. As is well known, the substance is synthesized well under the temperature regime from 16 to 34 ᵒC, therefore, at the rates below or above the permissible norm, there is a violation of the synthesis and color of the fruit.
As a result, tomato yellow acquire further noted greenness appearance around the legs of the fetus.
If tomato bushes are planted close, then the sun's rays do not reach the fruit. In case of lack of sunlight, tomatoes sang much more slowly. But do not forget that an overabundance of direct sunlight also does not lead to anything good. In this case, tomatoes can be caked and dried before they can ripen.
How to speed up ripening tomatoes in the greenhouse
If there is a problem, then it is necessary to solve, and therefore, if the bad tomatoes ripen in a greenhouse, you can speed up this process. But what needs to be done for this?In order to maturation was faster, you can use some secrets.
Patding is the process of removing excess sheets from the plant. This procedure will allow the plant to give all the nutrients to the ripening of the fetus, and not the growth of the bush itself. Prevention of diseases of tomato, for example, late blight - diseases take away all the forces from the plant, and diseases can affect the fruits themselves, not only preventing them from ripening, but also destroying the tomato itself.
The fertilizing of potassium and phosphorus fertilizers is important. Ripening of fruits in the room is one of the favorite methods of experienced gardeners, and it is justified. The fact is that the fruits of tomatoes are broken in green and left in a warm room for ripening.
The answer of the agronomist: how to accelerate the maturation of the tomato in the greenhouse( video)
In conclusion, it is worth remembering that often a couple of red fruits are added to green tomatoes. It is believed that in this case, maturation will be faster.