Pepper has many useful properties, it is a source of carotene and vitamin C. The use of pepper helps to strengthen human vessels and also remove unnecessary cholesterol from the body. In addition, pepper has excellent taste!
- The best varieties of pepper for the greenhouse: what to choose the farmer
- The most productive early varieties of sweet pepper for greenhouses
- Bitter pepper: grades for greenhouses
- Peppers for Siberia in the greenhouse: the best grades when neededPlant
- Selection of the best pepper varieties for the greenhouse( video)
- Examples of the best varieties of pepper seeds for the greenhouse( photo)
The best varieties of pepper for the greenhouse: what to choose the farmer
Pepper is a delicious and healthy vegetable thatYou can enjoy not only in the summer. Many summer residents, equipped with greenhouses on the site, grow vegetables in them, among which there is also pepper.
As experts note, not all varieties of peppers grown in greenhouses can be harvested well. Over the long years of agricultural activity, farmers have brought out certain varieties of vegetables, which bear fruit well under hothouse conditions.
Hybrids are suitable for growing in greenhouses - several species crossed with each other.
Growing peppers in a greenhouse is easier than in the open ground, because it can regulate the microclimate, adjust it for growing plants.
Types of greenhouse peppers:
- Cardinal. Early-maturing peppers of violet color, grow up to 1 m high.
- Atlant. A low plant up to 80 cm in height is suitable for low greenhouses. Fruits - thick-walled red.
- Claudio .The Dutch variety is early-ripening, large longish fruits of rich red color. The height of the bush can reach 1.30 m.
- Cockatoo. Early ripening variety of peppers. Very large fruits up to 500 grams, the shape of the pepper is cylindrical, the color is bright red.
- Hercules. The medium-ripe red fruit is well kept, peppers have a mass of up to 300 g.
- Denis. A small early-ripening pepper variety with large fruits of elongated shape.
- Latino .The plant yields a good harvest - cube-shaped red fleshy fruit weighing up to 200 g.
- Parnassus .Growth of this thick-walled pepper is possible in the Eastern regions of Russia and Belarus. Large fruits are orange.
When choosing a variety of peppers, you need to take into account the height of the plant - the branches should not rest against the roof, but also free space for growth. Many of the hybrids are resistant to pepper diseases and adapt well to any climate.
The most productive early varieties of sweet peppers for greenhouses
Breeders produce new varieties of peppers, crossing the best species among themselves. Some of them are cardinally different from others, both on external, and on flavoring qualities. Sweet and fleshy, thin and juicy - how to decide which sorts to choose.
For growing in greenhouses, seeds of both early and late ripened peppers are planted to enjoy the vegetable for a long time.
To decide which varieties are best for your greenhouse, you need to pay attention to the height of the plant, the dependence of the variety on sunlight and the susceptibility of the fruit to rotting or other deterioration. Choose seeds for planting should be carefully, it is better not to buy in ready-made bags, but to visit agrofirm and purchase proven varieties.
The best grades of early pepper:
- Agapovsky. High-yielding peppers. The fruits are large red. Can be used for canning. Suitable for growing in the suburbs.
- Apricot favorite. Bright orange cone-shaped peppers, juicy fruits, although small. The star of the East is chocolate. Cylindrical fruit of brown color. High yield and resistance to disease.
- Belladonna. Matures very early, the yellow fruit resembles the shape of the cube.
- Cardinal .Tall peppers. Large 250 grams of fruits are dark purple. The plant gives a stable good harvest.
Growing peppers requires comfortable conditions for growth - good light, optimal air and soil temperature, good humidity. When observing the rules of growing from many early varieties, it is possible to collect up to 13 kg of fruit from 1 square meter.
Bitter pepper: varieties for greenhouses
Hot peppers are grown in greenhouses and open beds, some varieties can be planted even in flowerpots and kept on the windowsill in the apartment. Used hot pepper is mainly as a seasoning for many dishes, as well as a special highlight in canning.
You can plant pepper seeds in the soil from the middle of February, while providing the plant with light and temperature of +21-23 degrees.
After the seeds have risen, it is necessary to reduce the temperature to 18 degrees and prevent the appearance of any drafts. For high varieties of hot peppers, you need to adapt the support to which you can attach the plant.
Popular sorts of bitter pepper:
- Lamb horn. Fruits have a piquant aromatic taste, suitable for canning as a seasoning.
- Cayenne. The most thermophilic variety of pepper, growing to 90 cm in height. The weight of long red fruit is 50-80 g.
- Hungarian yellow. Low-necked plant with cone-shaped fruit. Ripened peppers have a scarlet color, the taste is of medium severity.
- The fire. An undemanding plant that can be planted anywhere, including in a greenhouse. Fruits of peppers are elongated, red, the taste is sharp enough.
- Supercila. Early ripening and high-yielding variety of peppers. Bordovo-red fruits up to 7 cm in length.
- Jalapeno. Quite an early grade of hot pepper. Fruits are fleshy, thick-walled, flame red. The weight of the peppercorn is about 50 grams.
- The language of the dragon. Medium-ripened variety of pepper, growing to 110 cm in height. The shape of the fruit is elongated oblate. The taste is very sharp.
- Habanero. Very hot pepper, used mainly as a seasoning for meat dishes or when making ketchup.
Bitter pepper loves warmth and moderate watering, while the humidity should be moderate. The plant does not like excessive heat and drafts, so it is necessary to ventilate the greenhouse with caution.
Peppers for Siberia in the greenhouse: the best varieties when you need to plant
In Siberia, the warm season does not last very long, so early-maturing varieties are most suitable for growing peppers in greenhouse conditions. Also, many agrofirms produced hybrids of sweet peppers for Siberia.
Pre-soaked for 8 hours in a solution of "Zircon" seeds of pepper, put in small cups.
In 100 ml of lukewarm water add a few drops of the solution - in this liquid soak the seeds of pepper for swelling. This allows the seeds to germinate faster.
Plant pepper from mid-February to mid-March. It is necessary to prepare the soil - humus, peat, sand and turf. Vegetable seeds can be sown in special cups or boxes with soil. Do not overdry the land, but excessive watering can cause rotting sunflower seeds.
After 10-12 days, the first shoots will appear, and when the plant grows a bit, you can start picking and transplanting into more spacious boxes.
Variety of peppers grown in Siberia:
- Siberian felt boots;
- Siberian prince;
- Siberian format;
- Siberian Bonus;
- Eastern Bazaar.
Variety of peppers - medium and early ripening, average height of plants 60-80 cm, fruit color predominantly red, different shades. The weight of pepper is different - from 150 g( Eastern Bazaar) to 450 g( Siberian format).
Choosing the best varieties of peppers for the greenhouse( video)
Vegetables grown in greenhouses require careful care - frequent watering and maintaining the ideal temperature and humidity under a polycarbonate or film coating. Also, peppers need a lot of extra fertilizing, which should be watered with seedlings. It is important to maintain the correct light mode for this or that kind of pepper to get a decent harvest.
Examples of the best varieties of pepper seeds for the greenhouse( photo)