Modern decoration of plastic panels of ceilings and walls allows you to perform repairs quickly and reliably. With the help of plastic finishing, the ceiling can be leveled without much effort and expense, and a variety of colors will help create a unique design that will complement the overall interior. Thanks to a simple system, you can perform the installation of panels yourself, following the instructions of professionals.
- Ceiling finishes: width and mounting method
- Is it possible to finish the ceilings with wall panels
- Advantages of installing plastic panels
- High-quality PVC ceiling paneling
- Wall and ceiling decorationPVC panels( video)
- Decorating with plastic panels of walls and ceilings( photo)
Finishing panels for the ceiling: width and mounting method
Anele for a ceiling take polymeric materials with various additives. They allow the material to be strong, elastic and light at the same time. The finishing panels cost quite cheaply - this is another plus to the merits of this material.
The structure in the form of cells located around the perimeter and separated by partitions, makes the panel sound and soundproof.
The length of the panels can vary, the thickness reaches 5 mm.
Types of panels in width:
- Boarding( 10 to 12.5 cm);
- Panel board( from 15 to 50 cm);
- Sheet panel( 80-200 cm).
After defining the choice of panels, you need to decide which method of installation will be most suitable.
Types of panels by mounting method:
- Seamless. Provides a perfectly flat surface. Installation involves some difficulties, so it's best to use the services of a qualified technician.
- With seam. They are used in case the ceiling needs to be given volume. If the evenness of the seams can not be maintained, special inserts will come to the rescue. The price of the panels will surprise with its democracy.
A variety of design panels allows you to experiment with color and surface, which can be matte or glossy.
Glossy panels perfectly expand the space due to the reflective effect, so they are suitable for the decoration of small rooms with low ceilings.
Decorative matte panels give the interior finish a feeling of coziness and comfort through harmonious interaction with lighting devices.
Is it possible to finish the ceilings with wall panels
The panels presented in the modern construction market are amazing with their large selection. According to their purpose, they are divided into several types, each of which must be used for its intended purpose.
Types of panels:
- For walls. This kind of represent heavier, harder and more voluminous structures.
- For ceiling. Panels are light and brittle.
When installing the panels on the ceiling, it is important to be careful, as light construction can be damaged even under low pressure.
Ceiling finishing needs to be done strictly with panels of direct purpose, otherwise repairs can have unpredictable consequences, most likely the construction will have to be done anew.
Ceiling panels vary in different characteristics.
Differences of the ceiling panels:
- Type of cover;
- Simulated material.
Some rooms, such as a bathroom, cause the use of additional mounting elements: water resistant glue and standard fixtures.
Advantages of installing plastic panels
Plastic panels have proven to be a quality finishing material for walls and ceilings in different types of premises. They are easy to install, affordable, diverse in design. Due to their properties, the panels can be installed in rooms with high humidity.
Manufacturers of plastic panels pay attention to their typing abilities. Thanks to this, you can create a surface that resembles a full surface finish with wooden boards. Some designs are aimed at giving the surface a monolithic and holistic appearance.
The composition of all plastic panels are similar, they differ in the way of coating and color solution.
Advantages of installing panels:
- Resistant to moisture, corrosion, condensation;
- Easy to clean;
- Do not absorb odor;
- Resistant to sunlight;
- Available in price;
- Not flammable;
- Light in weight;
- Easy to install;
- Harmless to health.
The installation of plastic panels is an ideal solution for low-cost, but high-quality repairs.
High-quality PVC ceiling paneling
PVC ceiling panels can be managed without the help of professionals. When decorating the ceiling, it is important to first study all the nuances of installing panels, then you can proceed directly to the installation of the coating.
When selecting materials it is important to pay attention to the quality of the panels. In order for the ceiling to last a long time, it had a beautiful appearance, it is necessary to choose the best quality and proven materials.
Plastic panels are perfect for finishing all types of rooms in the apartment.
- Perform the marking of the fixing point of the profile. It is best to use the building level for this, since the surface must be as horizontal as possible.
- Attach a profile by pressing it firmly against the wall. It is important to ensure that no crevices are formed. Attach the CD profile to the already installed cross bars. This will become the basis for a panel of PVC.
- Attach the plastic profile in the form of a letter to the slats along the perimeter of the structure.
- Check if the communication systems are in order, as this is the last step in which this can be done without compromising the entire structure.
- Proceed with installation of the structure. Cut the plastic panels so that they match the length of the ceiling surface. The panel is inserted into the L-profile and fastened with self-tapping screws along the entire length. The remaining panels are inserted into each other, secure them with slats.
- Take it with utmost responsibility to install the last panel. It must be inserted into the L-bar, then fit the width to the remaining distance to the wall.
- You can use wooden bars to replace the metal mounting profile. However, the use of wood in a damp room can lead to its rotting.
The use of quality plastic panels for the ceiling finish will ensure a long service life, which also depends on the quality of the installation. Therefore, it is important to be confident in your abilities when installing the structure. And you can ask for help from professionals.
Wall and ceiling finishing with PVC panels( video)
Today, as a decoration for walls and ceilings, it is popular to use plastic panels. They differ in the texture of the coating, the content of polymer materials and additives, color and design. In this case, even the best quality panels can be purchased at a very affordable price. The possibility of quick and quality repair will please owners of houses and apartments. A wide choice of color palette and texture allows you to experiment with the ceiling design, which will become a beautiful addition to the general style of the room.