PVC suspended ceiling with own hands is a real thing in terms of material costs and no-nonsense installation. In addition, this material does not turn yellow for a long time( if white);The color gamut of panels is diverse and its range is great in the modern construction market. The material is durable and moisture resistant, which successfully allows it to be used in any premises of a house or apartment. Using PVC panels, the consumer saves his own money: the first time when buying, and then, in the future, because of unnecessary repairs for many years.
- Suspended ceiling of PVC panels with their own hands
- Advantages of suspended ceiling from PVC
- Suspended ceiling from PVC panels in the bathroom
- How to choose a suspended ceiling from PVC panels
- Types of decorated PVC panels:How to choose
- Installation of PVC panels on the ceiling( video)
- Suspended ceiling of PVC panels( photo)
Suspended ceiling of PVC panels with their own hands
Installation of such a ceiling is madeIt is difficult, and for this it is not necessary to be a professional builder and finisher.
Due to the ease of installation, these ceilings are quite popular now with the consumer. Of course, an attractive appearance is also of great importance.
Of course, you need to start with the correct installation of the frame.
- The frame is made of wooden blocks or rails, the panels are fastened by brackets, by means of a stapler;
- The frame consists of profiles for the ceiling of gypsum board. The panels are attached using self-tapping screws.
dowels. The first option is simpler, but less durable, and the second is more reliable and practical.
Instruction step by step:
- Marking the horizontal level of the future ceiling. To do this, from the lowest point of the ceiling, retreat 7-10 cm, and draw a contour along the perimeter. From the accuracy of the layout depends the final result, that is, the appearance of the ceiling.
- Fastening the CD profile, which will be the support for the panels. The distance between the fastening panels varies from 60 to 100 cm.
- . The profile is fixed to the ceiling by means of a fastener that is a loop that attaches to the ceiling, and with the bracket a hook supporting the frame is attached to it.
- Fastening allows you to adjust the level of the future ceiling with high precision. The number of these anchorages depends on the area of the room.
After assembling the frame, proceed to the installation of PVC panels. If the frame is made precisely, then the installation of the panels will not be difficult.
- First, mount the UD profile, what is being done to make the carrier element for PVC strips;
- The strips should be several millimeters shorter than the width of the room, in order to avoid deformation of the ceiling;
- After installing the first panel, it is fixed with screws. If the frame is wooden - steel brackets. For easy installation, the panel slightly bends.
- Next, the panels are mounted in exactly the same way. It is necessary to monitor the docking of panels, so that the ceiling is a single whole.
Currently, there are panels seamless - this facilitates their installation.
Advantages of suspended ceiling from PVC
PVC suspended ceiling has a number of advantages that allows to arrange it in any room.
PVC panels are easy to clean, both with the use of all kinds of detergents, and without them. The consumer is attracted by the simple maintenance of this coating.
An increasing number of consumers choose this type of suspended ceiling.
- Water resistance. Plastic successfully copes with its task.
- Low price. Because of the high competition in the construction market, prices are significantly reduced.
- Simple installation. This also attracts many consumers.
- Ability to hide communications.
- Pretty high strength.
- Beautiful appearance.
The listed qualities of PVC panels have become the reason for choosing these suspended ceilings.
Suspended ceiling from PVC panels in the bathroom
It's no secret that all materials used for the successful finishing of the bathroom should not be afraid of moisture, mold and fungus.
Properties of PVC panels allow them to perfectly fit into this standard.
PVC panels are a very popular material, as in general, and for finishing bathrooms, in particular.
Reasons for choosing:
- Unstability of deformation;
- Resistant to high humidity;
- Relatively small material costs;
- Huge selection of colors;
- Longevity of the material.
It should be added such an important point as simple maintenance of the coating.
How to choose a suspended ceiling from PVC panels
This type of ceiling finish allows you to make any room more comfortable for not very big money.
In order to repair is not a waste of effort and money, you need to choose the right panel.
Choosing a quality coating, is a guarantee of quality and durable repair. In order to properly select PVC panels, you need to know some rules that need to be followed when selecting.
So, advice on choosing:
- The number of ribs in PVC panels should be considered - they affect the strength of the material. The stiffeners should not have any deformation or damage. Mechanical damage, as a rule, results from negligent transportation.
- If the panels have a picture, then you need to check its quality.
- Panels should be purchased from one lot, in order to avoid diversity.
- The panels before the purchase must be docked( two pieces are enough), in order to make sure that the connection is strong and invisible.
- The front side of the PVC panel should not "show" the stiffeners. A normal, high-quality panel should not have any flaws.
- The reverse side of the panels should not have impregnations, and if they are still available, this means that this material is made from recycled materials, which will inevitably affect the quality of PVC panels in the future.
- The dimensions indicated on the package must completely coincide with the actual dimensions. This should be checked by a tape measure.
- It is better to buy this material in a specialized store than in the construction market - so you will spare yourself the risk of buying poor-quality material.
- It should be remembered that expensive panels are not always of high quality - perhaps you just got into an expensive store. Too cheap panels also inspire doubts about quality.
So, it is strongly recommended to take into account all of the above, in order to avoid further disappointments associated with poor, in the end, quality that a hinged ceiling should not have.
Types of decorated PVC panels: which one to choose
Perhaps it would be unfair not to mention some types of coating on PVC panels.
You can significantly improve the interior of your ceilings due to the film covering the PVC panels.
Thanks to the further choice, you can give, say, your bathroom a unique, simply unique look.
- Offset printing. The pattern is rolled with a roller onto the surface of the panel, and then it is poured with a varnish, then it is dried with an ultraviolet lamp. The surface is glossy.
- Thermal transfer printing. The top layer of the panel surface is dissolved by a special composition, and only then, on the surface of the PVC panel, a film with a pattern is rolled. The surface is glossy.
- Lamination. If the previous two methods were based on the white surface of the panel, then in this case, the color of the surface does not matter. A film is used, similar to that used to create MDF facades, as well as the same used in furniture production.
Lamination, in this case, is the most successful option for strength, but the worst for poor color assortment. Basically, such a film "under the tree."In addition, laminated panels are the most expensive and limited in size: 2.5;2.7;And 3 meters.
So, the most optimal for the consumer option is thermal transfer printing.
Installation of PVC panels on the ceiling( video)
And in conclusion, it is worthwhile to sum up all that has been said. Mount a suspended ceiling in the bathroom with your own hands or not - it's everyone's business. However, given its obvious advantages on most parameters, it is worthwhile to seriously think about this and decide what will be the finish of the ceiling in your bathroom. Every consumer wants beautiful premises in his apartment, and the bathroom, of course, is not an exception to the rules. Given the low price, aesthetics, practicality and durability of such a ceiling, perhaps, it is worth saying "yes" to this false ceiling. In any case, you need to make repairs in such a way that it would be nice to sit in your own bath!Good luck in repair!