room design How to make the ceiling?This question is asked, perhaps, by every person who has started a major overhaul. For finishing the ceiling you can use plasterboard, moldings, tiles made of bamboo or styrofoam. Also as a finishing material, wallpaper and water-based paints are used. It is worth noting that the design of the ceiling in the apartment starts with a number of preparatory works.
- How better to issue a low ceiling
- decoration of walls and ceiling apartment bamboo plates
- Cheap design options ceiling
- The simple design of the modern ceiling
- ceiling decoration moldings with their hands
- Stretch ceilings in the living room- ideas and design options( video)
- ceiling decoration in the apartment( photo)
How better to issue a low ceiling
If the apartment low ceilingto then use drywall and similar building materials is not desirable, since they require the installation of special frame. For visual expansion of space, it is possible to decorate the ceiling with specialized mirror tiles.
Mirror tiles can be installed even on a concrete ceiling. However, experts recommend not to neglect the primer and puttying of the base surface. If there are no potholes or cracks on the base surface, then the mirror ceiling will lie flat.
Mounting mirrored tiles on the surface:
- Apply to the ceiling layout.
- Cut the tiles. For cutting it is best to use a special Bulgarian.
- Use a drill to drill a hole in each tile for screws.
- Put a rubber bonnet on the screw. It is necessary in order to avoid damage to the glass.
- Fix the tiles on the base surface.
- In places where screws are fastened, install chrome-plated caps.
- If desired, you can decorate the mirror ceiling with LED strips.
decoration of walls and ceiling slabs apartments bamboo
Lately very popular bamboo plate. They are used for both wall finishing and ceiling finishing. This material is not deformed under the influence of temperature difference, and perfectly tolerates high humidity. Installation of bamboo panels on the ceiling and walls is carried out in a similar sequence.
If you decide to decorate the ceiling and walls with bamboo, then remember that the tiles must necessarily be treated with a special antiseptic solution. Otherwise, the material may lose its strength.
Installing the bamboo plates by yourself is done in this order:
- Apply a primer to the surface.
- Cracks should be removed with a sealant.
- Apply markings to the surface.
- If necessary, adjust the size of the tiles with a hacksaw.
- Apply an adhesive to the board.
- Place the plate on the surface, and lightly press on the material.
- Remove excess glue with a cloth.
- After you have installed all the plates, seal the joints with a sealant.
Cheap design options ceiling
To decorate the ceiling is beautiful, not necessarily to spend a large amount of cash. If you are looking for budgetary design options, then you can use gypsum cardboard or expanded polystyrene plates. The ceilings, decorated with the help of these materials, look no worse. In addition, paint and other finishing materials can be applied over the plasterboard and foam board.
Sheets from plasterboard should be fastened to a special crate. For the construction of the frame it is recommended to use aluminum profiles, since they are more durable and durable.
Plasterboard mounting on the frame:
- Make holes in the gypsum cardboard for light fixtures.
- Fasten the panel with self-tapping screws.
- After all panels have been installed, it is necessary to seal the joints between them using a putty solution.
- In the end, you need to paint the ceiling and fix the fixtures.
How to install foam plates on the ceiling:
- Apply a primer to the ceiling, and a layer of putty on top.
- Mark the surface.
- Apply a glue solution to the back of the board.
- Attach the plate to the ceiling, and lightly press it with your hands.
- After fixing all the panels, make holes for the spotlights or chandelier.
- Clear the gaps between the plates.
The simplest design of the modern ceiling
If you are looking for the simplest design of the ceiling, then use the wallpaper. Pasting of the surface with this material is very quick. When using wallpaper, you must first de-energize the apartment and close the windows. Also do not forget to apply a primer and putty on the surface.
It is recommended to use vinyl or non-woven wallpaper to finish the ceiling. They are more durable and durable. In addition, vinyl and non-woven wallpaper can be repainted from time to time.
The wallpaper is trimmed in several stages:
- Measure the length of the room.
- Cut off the necessary piece of wallpaper. Remember that all strips must be the same length and width.
- Apply glue to the back of the wallpaper. If desired, the adhesive composition can be applied to the ceiling.
- Glue the strip to the ceiling with a roller.
- Smooth the strip with a spatula.
- Glue the remaining strips in the same way.
- Adjust the edges of the trimmed trimmed and trimmed.
- Color the wallpaper. It is desirable to use water-based paint.
Ceiling moldings with their own hands
You can use moldings to decorate the ceiling. They are made of polyurethane, wood or plastic. Moldings are available in the form of corner slats. This material is adhered to the wall.
For the curvilinear ceiling, only flexible moldings should be used. They are made of polyurethane, so they can easily be bent. Flexible moldings are fixed with the help of nails, which are subsequently removed.
How to install the ceiling moldings:
- Cut the edge of the part at the desired angle with a stool.
- Place the installation site with a primer mix and putty.
- Apply glue on the back of the molding.
- Attach the molding to the surface, and lightly press on it.
- After a few minutes, remove excess glue.
- Remove the gap between the ceiling and the molding using a sealant.
Tension ceilings in the living room - ideas and design options( video)
When selecting the finishing material, rely on your own preferences and the height of the room. For the decoration of low rooms it is inappropriate to use building materials that are mounted on the frame. Also, when choosing a finishing material, consider the design of the room. For example, bamboo tiles do not fit into the interior of a room that is in the style of a classic or fusion.