PVC panels are used not only for wall finishing in the bath, but also for finishing the ceilings in the living room or bedroom. For finishing the ceiling, you can use panels, films or slabs. Installation of such a ceiling is carried out in a matter of hours, since plastic materials are very practical. If you decide to install panels or slabs with your own hands, then you need to follow a certain sequence and pick up suitable building materials.
- Ceiling from PVC panels: pros and cons
- We install PVC ceiling boards
- PVC film for the ceiling: pros and cons
- PVC ceiling finish: inexpensive options
- DoesBelgium PVC ceiling
- Ceiling from PVC panels as decor
- Installation of PVC-panel ceilings with our own hands
- PVC stretch ceiling( video)
- PVC panel ceilings( photo)
PVC ceiling-plus: pros and cons
Many lPeople prefer to install polyvinyl chloride slabs in the apartment. They cost less than seamless panels and last a very long time. In addition, the components for such a ceiling is not difficult to pick up at all. You will need only a glue solution, a spatula and a hacksaw.
Advantages of PVC boards:
- When using plates, it is possible to hide defects in the base surface.
- The assembly of the structure takes place in a few hours, as the fixing of the plates is carried out with the help of a special adhesive solution or liquid nails.
- Ceilings from PVC-plates do not require finishing.
- The room does not become noticeably lower when using PVC-boards.
- Ease of care.
The ceiling made of PVC-tiles absorbs extraneous odors well. That's why this material is inexpedient to install in the kitchen.
We install PVC ceiling boards
The ceiling finish of PVC plates starts with preliminary surface preparation. You need to degrease the surface and remove all cracks on the base surface. Putty on the rough ceiling is not necessary.
There are many ways to place tiles on the ceiling. Experts recommend to glue the material from the center of the room. This method of installation is the simplest and most practical.
Technology of installing plastic plates:
- Make a hidden wiring.
- The trowelling of tiles is then carried out.
- Apply the adhesive solution to the tile and glue it to the base surface.
- Similarly, cut the entire
- ceiling. Seam the joints between the plates.
- Install the fixtures.
PVC film for the ceiling: pros and cons
PVC film is a good, frost-resistant material. The films can be matte, satin or glossy. When using this material, you should use a heat gun.
Remember that it is not possible to install PVC films at low air temperatures, as the material can be deformed. Before starting the installation, you should warm up the room with a heat gun.
Polyvinyl chloride film advantages:
- Water resistant.
- Wide range of colors.
- The film is easy to clean. However, it is undesirable to wash this material with aggressive detergents. It is best to use a warm soapy solution.
- The material is not lit. Unlike tiles, the film is not subject to burning.
- Ease of installation. To make ceilings from PVC-film even the beginner can.
- Polyvinyl chloride films are not harmful.
PVC ceiling finish: inexpensive options
If you are looking for low-cost options for finishing the ceiling, then the best choice for you will be a PVC film. This material is much less expensive than plastic plates or seamless panels.
It is worth noting that you can not touch PVC film with dirty hands, as it can deform.
How to install the PVC film:
- Preheat the room to 40 degrees. To do this, you need to use a heat gun.
- After the room and linen have been heated, fasten the cloth in one corner. To fix the material, use a special spatula.
- Then fix the PVC film in the opposite corner.
- Then smooth the material and fix the canvas along the entire perimeter of the ceiling.
- Straighten creases and trim the excess material.
- After the fabric has cooled down, install the fixtures or chandelier. Does the Belgium make the PVC ceiling
For many years, the best PVC products were manufactured by the German company Pongs. However, a few years ago, high-quality canvases began to be produced by Belgian companies. PVC panels made in Belgium are famous for their high performance throughout the world.
Despite the fact that Belgium is an EU country, the price for PVC panels from Belgian companies is quite acceptable. In addition, the panels produced in Belgium have a large width of the canvas. Thanks to this, the installation of the structure is much easier.
Advantages of PVC sheets from Belgium:
- Practicality. To install such paintings you do not need to make a massive frame. The minimum distance for installation is only 3 centimeters.
- Water resistance. Manufacturers argue that the canvas can withstand the onslaught of 100 liters of water.
- Good temperature range. The webs do not deform under the influence of low or high temperature.
- Beautiful appearance.
PVC-panel ceilings as decor
PVC linings are not only practical, but also very beautiful. Polyvinyl chloride panels are represented by a wide range.
PVC panels can be:
- Seamless. Such panels are connected to each other by butt. They are rationally used to decorate a room in a classical style.
- Sewn. Externally, such paintings mimic a wooden lining. Seams are used for finishing the ceilings in the country.
- Rack. Such panels are universal. They have a glossy, matte or satin texture. Rack panels can be rationally installed when using any design. This material fits perfectly into the room, sustained in the style of country, classic, Mediterranean or Empire.
. If you want to perform an unusual decor, give preference to the rack panels. They are represented by a wide range, so you can easily find the right option.
Installation of PVC-panel ceilings with their own hands
Installation of PVC-panel ceilings begins with the installation of the frame. CD-profiles and UD-profiles are used for the production of crates for PVC panels. They are mounted on the walls. Dowels are used to fix the frame.
After the construction of the battens, check its evenness with the help of a building level. If you notice that some element is crooked, it is recommended to disassemble the entire structure. Otherwise, the lath can collapse during the installation of the panels.
Tension ceiling from PVC( video)
Installation of plastic panels is carried out in the following order:
- Using a hacksaw, cut the plastic panel of the required length and width.
- Insert the first panel into the start profile. Secure it with self-tapping screws.
- Then install the next panel. Its fixing is carried out due to the system of "spike-groove".The edges of the panel are entered into a special bar.
- Sew the entire crate with plastic panels.
- Install the decorative skirting and lighting fixtures.
ceilings of PVC panels( photo)