Modern roofing ladders can be made of wood, metal, aluminum. The main requirement of GOST is to ensure the safety of a person on the roof. Thanks to these ladders, a person on the roof can keep the balance and get to the required part of the roof.
- metal roofing ladder: classification ladders for maintenance
- roof Stairs to roof mounting: combined roofing ladder
- roof ladder with their hands: how to make a good ladder to the roof
- roof ladder metal: the benefitsAnd disadvantages
- Roofing ladder Metal profile: description and characteristics
- How to install a roofing ladder( video)
- Types of roofing laddersphoto examples)
metal roofing ladder: classification ladders for maintenance
roof roofing ladder is needed to secure uplift on the roof and immediately move on it to carry out certain works.
Depending on the metal and the purpose, the roof maintenance stairs can be divided into:
MULTIDECK ladder( L-455h1860) - vertical, it provides a secure ascent to the roof. The bottom step should not be higher than 1 meter from the ground, and the uppermost crossbar should be flush with the roof protrusion. In general, the external wall ladder is made of metal or aluminum profile.
The attic is located inside the house and is necessary for safe access to the roof. On the roof you can get to the attic. The hatches lead to the attic space, to which you can attach this ladder. They can fold or be collapsible. Rarely operated stairs can be removed to the pantry, and if necessary, it will not be difficult to get it. For the manufacture of such stairs, both wood and metal are used.
Pitched stairs are placed on the roof itself and give access to the necessary areas - damaged flooring, debris, chimney, etc.
Pitched and walled staircases Grand Line are considered one of the most reliable and safe roofing ladders.
Roof ladders: combined roofing ladders
As already mentioned, the roof is the most dangerous place to carry out work. For your safety, you need to have a roofing ladder that will ensure a reliable lift upward. Also, the ladders protect the roofing material. If the roof is covered with corrugated board or slate, it can be damaged by moving along it.
To go to a particular portion of the roof, roof ladder is used combined type. They include a wall ladder and pitched. Such a universal ladder allows you to climb to the roof and then move along the slope of the roof, not being afraid to fall off it.
Combined ladders of material such as aluminum are quite popular now. For manufacturing, the material is of high quality, the stairs are reliable, durable, but at the same time light.
Coating of aluminum stairs is corrosion resistant, it does not cure with time and has a good appearance.
roof ladder with their hands: how to make a good ladder to the roof
When working with a roof, you must have a special ladder to climb to the required height, move along the roof using a ladder as a bridge. With a flat roof, an ordinary stepladder will also fit, but if the shape is sloping, you need to use a roofing ladder. No work with the roof can be performed without this device. Wooden or aluminum stairs can be purchased at any construction store, but you can make it yourself, with a little effort.
To make a wooden roofing ladder, you will need:
- dry boards( cross-section 16x2.5 mm);
- square bars( section 40x40 mm);
- self-tapping screws 10 cm;
- nails 10 cm;
- cuts the beams or boards( width 40-60 mm).
A wooden ladder will be an order of magnitude cheaper than an aluminum one, because wooden bars and boards are more accessible than an aluminum profile.
We proceed directly to the manufacture of the ladder:
- First determine the length of the future ladder. Then from the dry long boards we cut the base of the staircase, to which the steps will be fastened.
- We will make cross bars from the bars. The width of the steps is determined by yourself: the area of the crossbar on which the foot will stand should be wide enough so that the standing person can sit down.
- Bar-steps are fastened to the base of the ladder using long nails. It is not advisable to replace them with screws.
- You do not need to do too often steps. This will add weight to the ladder.
- After the usual ladder is ready, you need to attach a hook to it. With his help, the stepladder will cling to the ridge of the roof.
- The longer the hook length, the safer the ladder.
- A horse is made of thicker wood bars than crossbeams, but of the same width.
- On the stairs, you can nail hooks, which are convenient to cling to your tool.
It is necessary to carry such a ladder together - one person takes the bottom of the ladder, the second is supported by a hook, sitting on the roof ridge.
Roof staircase for metal tile: advantages and disadvantages
Roof tile for metal tiles is an important accessory for the owner of a private house. Sooner or later, you will have to repair, install an antenna or conduct an internet cable, clean up the leaves or snow. In these cases, you need to climb the roof. A good staircase that leads to the roof must be reliable. It is this stepladder brand Borge can be purchased at the construction store.
The Borge roof ladder has its advantages:
- Long service life. If the installation conditions of the staircase are correct, it will serve you long. The ladder is covered with zinc, which protects the metal itself from the formation of rust.
- Versatility. Stairs of this brand can be used not only for working with roofing from metal, but also with profiled sheeting and other roofing materials.
- Security. The use of the Borge roofing ladder is much safer than conventional wooden stairs. Working on the roof, you can use it without fear of accidents.
- Availability. Made of quality materials, the Borge ladder can be bought in a construction shop or on the Internet.
Anti-slip elements are attached to each step to avoid falling from height.
Such a ladder has practically no drawbacks. Of the minuses, you can highlight the heavy weight and high price of the product.
Roofing ladder Metal profile: description and characteristics
Pitched ladders "Metal profile" are suitable for all types of roofing - metal roofing, slate, soft roofing and are used for roofs of various shapes and complexities. Ladders for the roof include a ladder directly on the roof slope, brackets for fastening the ladders to the roof, fasteners.
The advantages of the roofing ladder "Metal profile":
- Long service life;
- Universal fasteners for all types of roofing;
- Compliance with GOST;
- Clear installation of stairs;
- Quality fabrication material;
- It is possible to choose the color of the ladder.
All elements of the ladder are certified and comply with safety standards.
How to install a roofing ladder( video)
The safety and health of people depends on the quality of the installation of the roofing ladder. Therefore, the installation of a ladder for the roof is best entrusted to specialists in this matter.