Next you need to get the height of the floor in centimeters divided by the height of the steps, and then take away the unit, since the last step will come out by itself.
And you need to take into account the clearance, that is, the height from the step to the upper obstacle. This is a minimum of two meters - otherwise you will always have to put bandages on your head: there will be bruises. Drawings and calculations are recommended to entrust to specialists - without the necessary skills there is a possibility of fatal errors. It is very important to make long and complete preparations to avoid various difficulties.
What is the standard size of the ladder steps
The standard dimensions of the steps are specified in GOST and SNiP - these standards give practically ideal designs.
The main standards to be considered are:
- The steps must not differ in size, a maximum of 5 mm;
- The step height must not be less than 15 cm, but it should not exceed 20 cm;
- From door to staircase - not less than a meter, but the distance must exceed the width of the door itself;
- The dimensions of the overhang are a maximum of 3 cm;
- Depth of tread from 23 to 35 cm;
- The narrowest part of the steps is 10 cm wide, 40 cm wide, and the running strip is 25 cm.
For folding stairs, parameters of at least 600х1000х1200 are recommended, so that it remains safe. If the configuration and the availability of free space allow, then the steps can be made much wider. This is useful in order to make it easy to bring furniture or other dimensional items to the second floor. There is another plus - a staircase with wide steps looks impressive, presentable and expensive.
For the spiral staircase, the parameters are not too different. The width of the steps is not lower than the limit of 20 cm. Next to the central beam is from 10 cm, and in the widest part - 40.
It should be taken into account that all steps should be mounted at an angle of 1 degree, which will help to avoid accumulation of water, dirtAnd dust on the stairs.
Step step ladder
This parameter is almost the most important. Other calculations are carried out from him, and the comfort and safety of movement on the future ladder depends on him. An incorrectly calculated step can even lead to a deterioration of well-being - excessive pain for keeping stability often hurts the legs, especially in the elderly.
The calculation is made according to certain requirements, which in the end may differ from SNiP.It's not scary, because building codes only generalize information.
- The sum of the width of the tread and the height of the riser should be about 440 mm, taking into account the slope angle of the ladder itself. After all, the bigger it is, the higher the height of the riser.
- If you add a double size riser and tread width, you must leave 600 to 650 mm.
- Absolutely safe are the stairs, in which the difference between the dimensions of the riser and the tread is about 46 mm.
- The height and width of the steps must differ by a maximum of 5 mm.
- The length of the beams for the ladder affects the steepness( it will be almost vertical), which in turn can affect the height of the steps.
- The height will affect the quantity, as well as the width.
If something does not converge, does not work or goes out, but it's far from what was planned, then you do not need to despair. Perhaps it's not a matter of mistakes - it can be solved by changing the configuration and type of the ladder.
Ladder step width:norm
So what are the acceptable widths?All the parameters of the ladder are very dependent on each other. The width directly depends on the height resulting from the calculation.
In doing so, you need to rely on certain rules:
- The ideal width of the span for a private house is 120 cm;
- The width of the same stage is from 25 cm;
- If there is a handrail - 80 cm;
- In the absence of railings - 60 cm;
- For marching - not less than 60 cm, excluding designs such as "goose step".When designing the ladder, it is also important to take into account the width of the steps that should be comfortable for all members of the
. Of course, when determining the width, it is also necessary to lean on your foot - it should fit perfectly on the step. Also, except for the rule will be folding stairs - their width may be less, but not below the threshold of 20 cm.
The width, depending on the width, will depend on the angle, that is, the slope of the staircase. For example: with a width of 20 cm, the optimal height will be the same, and the angle of inclination - exactly 45 degrees. But if the width is 40 cm, the height will be 10 cm, and the angle will be 14 degrees and 10 minutes.
Due to the development of technology and the emergence of many other materials from which stairs are made, different standards and requirements have become much more. It is very rare for them to comply with them - that's why it is recommended to turn to specialists or buy a ready design, and not try to erect it yourself - there's a skill needed.
There are a few more details that are important to know:
- If the ladder is to be operated permanently, then it must be stationary. The
- The landing areas must be equal to the width of the steps.
- It is necessary to pay attention to the SNiP regulating the height of the handrail - from the ceiling to the handrail should be at least 190 cm and preferably 200.
Optimal dimensions of the steps of the ladder( video)
The staircase in the house or apartment is a necessary and useful thing. Install the elevator - at least, expensive, and it's pointless, for the sake of two floors. The correct selection and the correct layout of the drawing guarantee that the staircase will last a long time, as well as become an ornament of the house.