Impregnations, stubs, balls, oils and much more - all this is included in the list of stair parts, which although not mandatory for operation, but help to improveSafety, improve the appearance and enhance the natural properties of the staircase. Without fire impregnation, for example, your ladder can be exposed to a fire. And skirtings and balls will help decorate the appearance of the product, giving it a complete look.
- All for wood stairs: popular impregnations
- Painting materials for wood stairs: how to be defined
- Accessories for wood stairs: selection rules
- All components for wooden staircases made of pine: basicAdvantages
- How to put wooden stubs for stairs with your own hand
- Why do wooden balls for stairs and their dimensions?
- Skid plate for stairs: wooden will be better
- How to choose
- How to choose the elements of a wooden ladder( video)
- Various elements for a wooden ladder( photo details)
All for wood stairs: popular impregnations
After the wood-As a wooden purchased to start the assembly and operation you need to take one more step. It is necessary to impregnate the ladder with special solutions that will help preserve its appearance for many years.
What impregnations for wooden stairs are needed:
- Fire retardant. These are fireproof solutions that will protect the ladder from possible ignition. Fire retardants increase the fire resistance of wood, so you do not have to worry about the fire.
- Antiseptics. The second type of impregnation protects the ladder from fungi and bacteria that cause the decay of the tree. Antiseptics will also protect your ladder from termites and other living pests.
- Universal solutions. Some companies for the production of wood materials produce universal solutions that will help to save your ladder from pests and correct its appearance - they will give the effect of toning. Each such solution is unique, and its detailed properties can be found in the description on the label.
can be used. The ladder must be impregnated at the stage of preparation, prior to installation: in this way you can impregnate places that are difficult to access after installation.
Painting materials for wood stairs: how to define
The paint and varnish staircase is usually processed already at the final stage, after installation of the structure.
Railing is better to paint before they are built, as handrails and balusters after installation may become inaccessible in some places.
Tips for choosing paint materials:
- Enamel solutions are suitable for processing risers and railings, while treads on the march are better treated with another solution. Otherwise, their too smooth surface can cause injured situations. In addition, enameled treads quickly deteriorate in their appearance - the enamel is not the most wear-resistant material.
- If a wooden staircase is installed in the house, then choose a lacquer based on alcohol, without constituents of nitrocellulose. This varnish will dry several times longer, but at home there will not be a cloying smell. You can choose a matt and glossy option, depending on the features of the staircase and your design ideas.
- In case you install a ladder on the street, then it is better to treat it with more resistant solutions based on nitrocellulose. The unpleasant odor will quickly erode in the fresh air, but the staircase will be much stronger, which is so necessary for exterior structures.
- When choosing a paint, it is better to give preference to brands that specialize specifically in painting stairs. The composition of such paints will include components that will provide the stairs with additional properties: resistance to friction, for example.
If you want to mask any element of the ladder or vice versa, emphasize it, then the best choice will be blends with toning pigments.
Accessories for wood stairs: selection rules
Everyone who does himself or orders a ladder made of wood wants the final design to be beautiful and durable. For the best result, you need to know a number of rules, observing which, you will get a durable and beautiful staircase.
The most important rule is the quality of the wood itself. Do not neglect it, take first-class materials. It is desirable that knots, cracks and other defective structural elements are absent on the tree.
Rules for selecting accessories for stairs:
- If you order material via the Internet or in another way, but not directly from the supplier, That after transportation the material did not deteriorate
- The moisture content of the selected wood should not exceed 12%.Otherwise, the product will not last for several months.
- Better if all components are made of solid wood, rather than prefabricated elements.
All components for wooden staircases made of pine: the main advantages
Pine has a number of advantages over other types of wood, thanks to which it ranks first in the list of the most popular species for stairs.
Advantages of pine components:
- Of all breeds, pine is the easiest to process;
- At a cost, the pine wins in many other popular breeds: oak, ash and beech.
- Pine wood is quite soft, so you can work with it and tools.
- Of the three advantages described above, the fourth one also follows: a wide range of sawn timber from pine. Details and accessories from pine can be bought from many companies.
Softwood is a plus in the processing phase. However, this also means that the high wear resistance of the pine look of the fittings is not different.
How to put wooden stubs for stairs with your own hand
The blinds are the elements of the stair decoration that help to mask any unwanted details. With the help of plugs, for example, it is possible to close the holes necessary for fastening at the technological stage. Plugs are installed on the ladder and the march area using glue.