Stool-staircase or stool-transformer is an interesting and simply necessary thing in everyday life. Its advantage is that the product can be used both as a chair and as a ladder. This does not allow cluttering the interior with extra accessories. The popularity of its design has long been acquired: even our ancestors used this invention. The industry did not immediately begin to produce chairs-transformers: they used to be made with their own hands.
- Universal staircase:
- Wooden chair and not only:
- construction materials We make the ladder chair drawing with our own hands
- Step ladder-transformer chair by our own hands: step by step
- Overview and types: stool-ladder( video)
- More: stool-ladder( photo examples)
The ease of use and versatility of the design made it so popular and indispensable. It, in addition to the additional seating space, provides easy access to the mezzanine, ceiling, cornices, etc., which for daily purposes is simply necessary.
Universal staircase: varieties
Transformers folded are not much different from conventional chairs with backs in appearance, so they are simply and harmoniously able to become part of any interior. The appearance of these products may differ, depending on the type and variety.
Stool stairs can be divided into types, both by type of construction and by material of manufacture.
Structural features of chairs-transformers are expressed by certain factors, depending on the variety of the product.
- Stool is stepladder high. Looks like a stool with a fairly large height and sliding steps.
- Stairs-transformer. This type is a sliding step, going along the guides.
- Stool-transformer. When folded, it looks like an ordinary chair with a backrest for sitting. When the transformation is very stable, includes, as a rule, 3 steps.
- Stool-stepladder with module. This construction has a small height and includes a screw module, with which the steps are extended.
In addition, the main structural varieties of stairs are stationary and folding. Consider the species in more detail.
The most inexpensive and easy-to-prepare option. A stationary stepladder can be built from the remains of building material, wood or metal. To the disadvantages of the design is that to store this little thing you need a special place.
Very compact, easy to store, mobile. Manufacturing is more complex than stationary models. When designing and drawing a drawing, it is important to take into account its dimensions both in the unfolded and in the folded state.
Wooden staircase and not only:
fabrication materials. Based on the fabrication materials, the transformers are divided into four main types.
Let's consider them in more detail:
- Metal .This model is the strongest and strongest, is not afraid of moisture and dampness, it can be used in basements, garages, workshops. More applicable as a ladder, not a stool.
- Wooden design more harmoniously joins the interior. The material is warm and environmentally friendly, but is afraid of vagi and fire.
- The plastic pedestals are the lightest design. The model is easy to care for, is not afraid of ultraviolet light, mobile and easy to transport. Due to the ease and versatility, plastic podiums are often used in utility rooms, garages, workshops or in the garden.
- Combined the stool combines the positive characteristics of wooden and metal structures. Stool-ladder consists of a metal frame and wooden steps. Due to the metal the product is very stable, and due to wood - warm.
Drawing a staircase staircase with your own hands
When drawing a drawing for a homemade design, you can use the typical dimensions. We quarrel with the example of a drawing of a high stool-ladders.
The dimensions of the components are given in millimeters:
- Basic support legs( 4 pcs.) - 715x100x19;
- Lower crossbeams( 2 pcs.) - 420х100х19;
- The lower czars( 2 pcs.) - 345х105х19;
- Upper crossbeams( 2 pcs.) - 170х38х19;
- Upper arms( 2 pcs.) - 345х125х19;
- Side plates( 2 pcs.) - 250х170х305;
- The upper stage is 445х270х19;
- Middle legs( 4 pcs.) - 470х100х19;
- Cross-beams( 2 pcs.) - 400х100х19;
- Compact feet( 2 pcs.) - 215х10х19;
- The front kings( 3 pcs.) - 220h90h19;
- The rear kings( 3 pcs.) - 300х105х19;
- Steps( 2 pieces) - 298х180х19.
Stepladders-chair-transformer with our own hands: do step-by-step
Consider the assembly of a chair-transformer using the example of a wooden structure with a sliding ladder. Materials will require fasteners, glue and wood( pine or birch).The array can be replaced with an ordinary plywood.
Tool and fasteners will need:
- Self-tapping screws, dowels, dowels, carpentry glue;
- Drill with drills, shavings and electric jigsaw;
- Runners for steps( 2 sets 310 mm);
- Machine or nag;
- Paintwork material for coating.
You need to prepare everything before assembling the structure. At this stage includes the cutting of materials. The selected array or plywood is sawn according to the drawing and all the components are prepared.
The wooden chair-transformer consists of two modules: a stele and a sliding section with steps. The retractable module is installed under the chair and extends along the guides.
For the production of workpieces, the thickness of the plywood or the massif should be up to 2 cm. When cutting the material, it is important to strictly observe the dimensions indicated in the drawing. You can use a jigsaw or a narrow blade of the hacksaw for metal. After the workpieces are cut out, they must be sanded with a sandpaper or polishing machine. When cutting an array for the formation of legs, it is important to properly observe the technology. The fact is that for the stability of the chair, the legs on it are attached with a slope of 100 degrees from the plane. For this, the end faces are cut by 80 degrees. It is important that the sections are parallel.
When all components are ready, you can proceed with the assembly of the structure. At the first stage, the primary assembly is done without the use of glue. This is necessary to ensure that the stool is properly assembled, whether all parts fit, whether it is stable and whether everything works as it should. Primary assembly is made on dowels, screws, etc., according to the drawing.
After assembling the ladder it is important to check it for stability, the work of the sliding mechanism, the correctness of the parts.
Finishing assembly of the ladder is made using hot carpentry glue. For good bonding, all fastenings are fixed with clamps. When the chair is assembled, it is necessary to grind the fixing points of the screws, glue the plugs. Then apply the primer and after it dries up - three coats of varnish alternately, letting dry the previous layer.
Overview and types: stool-ladder( video)
With the skills of carpentry, you can collect on your own not only ladders, but also other interior items for children and adults. Knowing the sequence of works and observing the accuracy in the size of the components, you can create a stool yourself, which will not differ from the factory chair Ikea Bekvem or Molger.