Suspended ceilings Armstrong has been firmly established in administrative and public premises for many years. The reasons for this are many: first of all, a real opportunity to hide absolutely any defects in the base ceiling, and also to hold( conceal) under the suspended ceiling almost any communications, whose presence, you will agree, does not please the owners, say, the office or its visitors. The suspended ceiling will ennoble the appearance of the room, not at the expense of its functionality, removing from all sorts of alterations: the rearrangement of pipes, cables, air ducts, etc.
- Suspended ceiling Armstrong: where it is used
- Specifications and storage conditions
- Types of suspended ceiling system Armstrong
- Suspension ceiling construction Armstrong and elements
- Suspended ceiling installation Armstrong
- Ceiling mounting optionsArmstrong( video)
- GOST on suspended ceilings Armstrong
- 10 reasons to choose suspended ceilings Armstrong
- Suspended ceilings Armstrong( video)
- Suspended ceiling design Armstrong( photo)
Suspended ceiling Armstrong: where it is used
Suspended ceiling Armstrong with a hidden suspension system, bribes its solid, flawless appearance and, therefore, is widely used in various rooms. Important and simple technology of installation.
Especially often they are mounted:
- In offices;
- In supermarkets;
- In restaurants;
- In the entertainment centers;
- In apartments with high base ceilings. However, even in the "Khrushchev" such ceilings suit, refusing, however, from the traditional pins suspension. Thus, the ceiling height loss is minimal. Thus, Armstrong ceilings, originally conceived more, like office ones, have found wider application.
Advantages and disadvantages of
However, the advantages still overlap with all its shortcomings, otherwise, they have not been applied with success, to this day.
- Beautiful appearance;
- Ease of installation;
- Excellent heat and sound insulation;
- In a large inter-ceiling space, almost any kind of communication is possible. In order to get to the electrical and ventilation communications do not need any tools - nothing to unwind is not necessary.
- The ceiling is simple to repair, and the costs are minimal.
- Ceiling panels, like profiles, are easily cut, which greatly facilitates their installation.
From all this it is already clear that the ceilings of Armstrong have a lot of undeniable advantages.
- The ceiling does not have great mechanical strength;
- In most cases, it is absolutely not moisture resistant. When there is a leak on the surface there are stains, and even at all, the material swells, and part of the ceiling is to be replaced, albeit with little cost, and in the absence of any qualification from the one who will do it.
- Mount the ceiling by making curved shapes impossible.
- Design diagonal can only make an experienced specialist.
- As a result of mounting Armstrong, the ceiling height becomes at least 250 mm lower.
And yet, Armstrong's suspended ceilings do not become less demanded by the consumer.
Technical data and storage conditions
The ceiling consists of a suspended system consisting of profiles and mineral plates, which are mounted on it.
Base - mineral fiber( stone wool).More expensive latex is added to more expensive plates.
For ease of installation, they are produced with different types of edges: Microlook, Tegular, Board. They are used in pendant systems with a width of 1, 5, 2, 4 cm( concerns the first two, respectively), and the latter is universal for any system.
Dimensions of the plates Armstrong:
- The width is 600 mm;
- Length - 600-1200 mm;
- Thickness - from 8 to 25 mm;
- Weight varies from 2, 7 to 8 kg / m2.
In one pile - 8-22 plates. The permissible humidity during storage is up to 90%, the temperature is 15-30 °.
As for the suspension system, it is usually of two types: solid( cassette), and modular type. The first type is used most often.
Types of suspended ceiling system Armstrong
One of the main advantages is an excellent opportunity to hide all the shortcomings of the base ceiling under the suspended ceiling.
In addition, the design allows you to mount lamps of various types, fire safety system, etc.
There are many kinds of false ceilings, as for the parameter, such as panel thickness, it can also vary.
- Acoustic ceiling. Its details are part of a single ensemble, mosaics;Its hinged elements are very noticeable in the interior. They help reduce noise and improve acoustics. Indispensable in cinemas and conference halls, kindergartens, shopping centers.
- Designer. Differs a wide choice. The material can be very different, from embossed and printed drawings, to grating and colored panels.
- Waterproof. Has perfectly proved itself since 1996.Applicable in rooms with high humidity, that is, in baths, laundries, swimming pools, street structures, etc.
- Economical. These include the Oasis and Baikal ceilings. Optimal, beautiful option for any room.
- Universal. Its quality combines safety, comfort and aesthetics.
- Hygienic. Mineral fiber slabs with antimicrobial coating are environmentally friendly. They are used in medical institutions, food industry.
Each of these ceilings has its own technical characteristics that allow satisfying any consumer demand.
Armstrong Suspension Ceiling and
Elements The main components of Armstrong's suspended ceiling are:
- Metal frame.
Thus, it is on these "two pillars" that the entire construction is based.
are attached during installation. The frame( subsystem) is suspended on the base ceiling, a certain height is observed, and all the elements are mounted on the frame.
And the main element was and there are plates - their appearance and attracts the consumer.
Armstrong ceiling installation
The ceiling is very simple, and its installation is not so complicated.
- Carrier profile;
- Profile transverse;
- Profile longitudinal;
- Profile wall( perimeter);
- Fixing unit( located in the base ceiling);
- Suspension consisting of a hook and a rod;
- Ceiling plate.
In order to gain access to the interstitial space, it is enough to lift the desired plate and move it to the side. Install the cooker in the reverse order.
Dismantling and mounting plates, simple to genius. Hardly anyone could come up with something even simpler.
Ceiling mount - completely collapsible. As for the plates, they are produced from various materials - so that there is something to choose from!
Mounting options Armstrong( video)
GOST in suspended ceilings Armstrong
According to GOST, the requirements for these structures are characterized.
With regard to SNiP, it clearly states that the ceilings, called the Armstrong system, are low-risk structures, and they can be used in rooms with the following conditions.
Conditions of use:
- At temperatures not below + 12 ° С;
- With an air humidity of 70%, no more than.
In case the modules are designed to be non-hygroscopic, the humidity is allowed up to 100%.
In this particular case, the suspension system is subject to additional polymer processing on the inside, in order to withstand the harmful effects of corrosion.
Suspended ceilings can be made of a wide variety of materials: metal, wood and mineral fiber, the composition of which can be different. Each of these materials has different characteristics.
With regard to fire safety, which is the most important point in terms of consumer safety, according to the standard of the UK( Armstrong homeland), it is set in time, which is calculated in minutes, during which the ceiling is able to withstand the destructive effect of fire. This is the factor that we are called here: the limit of fire resistance.
10 reasons to choose suspended ceilings Armstrong
Armstrong ceilings have been popular for a long time. And over the years this popularity does not decrease, but on the contrary, it only grows. So what makes people from year to year make such a choice in favor of these ceilings?
- Attractive appearance. The ceiling seems to be light( which corresponds to reality), warm and even soft visually. Regardless of the location where it is mounted, the impression of almost home comfort is created.
- Affordable price. All this design is inexpensive. And it is not necessary to purchase a suspended ceiling, say, of Germany's production, it is enough to purchase a ceiling from the PRC.Believe me, its quality is just wonderful, and the price is lower.
- Possibility of self-assembly. After studying the articles, photo and video materials, you can start working. The main thing is not to rush and do everything neatly, carefully and without haste.
- Easy to repair the ceiling. In order to replace one or more slabs, you do not need to hire people, or be a genius of the building business.
- Wide assortment of plate selection. Material is different, the choice is great.
- The ceiling is designed to accommodate any functionality. It can be used anywhere, from apartments to baths.
- Safety for the consumer. The ceiling meets all necessary standards, up to the limit of fire resistance.
- Saves you money. You will be spared from repairing the ceiling for years to come.
- The ability to hide communications. Under the ceiling there will be everything that has soiled up to now the appearance of the room: pipes, wiring, irregularities and flaws in the base ceiling.
- Improves the heat and sound insulation of the room. This is a significant plus for almost all types of premises, not just for music studios, as it is for some reason considered to be.
Thus, the advantages of Armstrong's suspended ceilings are obvious.
Despite the "old age" of invention and technology, Armstrong ceilings are still popular.
These advantages are the decisive argument for customer choice.
Suspended ceilings Armstrong( video)
In conclusion, I would like to add that by arranging a ceiling Armstrong ceiling, you can do it for a relatively small amount of money, avoiding possible rework of various communications, and, in addition, improve the appearance of the premises many times. This, in fact, simplified cosmetic repairs, and, for many years, with huge savings on other jobs, the need for which simply disappears. One has only to imagine how much money would have gone into materials that, after installation of Armstrong, you no longer need to purchase, and even the work of an entire army of specialists of the most diverse profile, you do not even need to spend any more!In addition, you will get rid of unnecessary dirt and save a lot of time. Make your right choice!
Design suspended ceilings Armstrong( photo)