Choosing the right primer for the ceiling - the key to the effectiveness of civil and erection works. Unfortunately, but not many pay due attention to this point. Even a minor error can significantly complicate the process of staining the ceiling. Avoidance of errors will help vigilance at the stage of choosing a primer and its application. However, its value is not a determining factor.
- What is the primer for the ceiling
- choose the right primer for the ceiling
- Features Deep penetration primer for the ceiling
- Recommendations: how to apply the primer on the ceiling
- Ceiling Primer( video)
what is the primer for the ceiling
Unlike suspended ceiling structures that do not require pre-treatment, primer where required. It is necessary to remember that the substance is selected taking into account the physical parameters of the ceiling.
Depending on the composition, different primers are used. They are a composition of many layers, each of which performs a certain task.
It is enough to make only one error with a choice of even 1-2 layers to put a cross on the quality of the work performed.
When it comes to properly chosen primer, it allows to solve several problems at once:
- Environmental security - the right primer will never react with the surroundingMaterials.
- Notable bactericidal properties - this characteristic will appeal to residents of old houses. Often, they live fungi and dampness, which can worsen the quality of work performed. In this case, it is required to apply a "bactericide" primer to the ceiling.
- High strength of the coating obtained. If you compare the ceiling with the ground with the one where it is not, you can see an increase in the guaranteed life of the paint.
- Improves the quality of the color overlay. In the literal sense, it becomes more uniform. If the surface primer was incorrectly made, then in this case there are noticeable color spots on the surface.
- The paint dries more quickly.
- The paint consumption for walls is reduced.
last point is provided by the ability of a substance to close all existing microscopic cracks. As a result, the surface is leveled, which ensures paint economy.
choose the right primer for the ceiling
Before priming the surface, it is necessary to get acquainted with the present in-store assortment list. Opens this list of fortifying compounds, including glue components. Its use is advisable in those cases when it comes to the old and dilapidated surface. For example, if the ceiling crumbles, it is the glue primer that will protect people's heads from plaster.
At the same time builders with experience note an important characteristic of such compositions. When it comes to the need to process a loose surface, then in this case the primer will cope perfectly.
It's more difficult when you need a primer for thick surfaces. In this case, the quality of the clutch will be extremely low.
In addition to the glue primer, other types are distinguished:
- A mixture of general character - dries quickly and is used most often as a finishing coat in decorative works;
- Compositions with reinforced clutch - are used only when it is required to process materials that have already been repeatedly exposed to external influences or with a high degree of wear.
In a separate category, primers are distinguished that can penetrate as deeply as possible into the surface structure.
Characteristics of the deep penetration primer for theceiling
It is used only on dense surfaces where there is no porous structure. This requirement is extremely important, otherwise it is meaningless to apply a primer of deep penetration. Correctly to calculate its quantity the information placed on a label will help. Depending on what material is planned to be processed, a subset of the substance of deep penetration is selected.
Recommendations for beginners developed by professional builders will help to avoid errors:
- If the room has permanently high humidity, Corresponding to the label on the label. In this case, the result of the work will be longer to please the eye.
- In the case where there is a powerful heat source in the room, it is recommended to apply 3 layers of coating to the ceiling.
- It is strictly forbidden to apply a thick coat of paint on top of a deep penetration substance. This is explained as follows. Any paint consists of larger fractions than the primer. The thicker the layer, the more weight you will have to withstand the ceiling. The result of this "overload" will be a crumbling ceiling and new repairs.
- Regardless of the selected primers, they must be "brushed" before the concrete coatings are treated.
Do not be too hung up on its value. Quite often it reflects the "appetites" of the seller or producer, the non-living real characteristics. More attention is drawn to the characteristics specified by the manufacturer on the label. It is not superfluous to review the reviews of those who have already used the product.
Recommendations: how to apply a primer to the ceiling
Having decided to handle the ceiling with your own hands, you should buy a roller and a brush. Depending on the surface area, you should consider how much they may need.
It should be remembered that it is better to use thin brushes for joints. A similar recommendation is valid for angles.
After this, it is necessary to find a bath for storing the substance during operation.
The following procedure is as follows:
- Pre-clean surfaces from all types of contaminants;
- It is advisable to carry out wet cleaning in the room, if the construction work was carried out prior to the primer;
- Wet the roller in the primer;
- Treat the surface without making passes;
- Once the first layer is applied, it is necessary to allow it to dry out;
- Once 60 minutes have passed, a second layer can be applied;
- This action creates the necessary level of strength and adhesion to the surface.
Ceiling primer( video)
Correctly selected primer for a ceiling coating increases the warranty service life of the paint, eliminates the need for frequent repairs and does not affect the health of others. In order to fully experience all the benefits, you must choose the right kind of appearance. This is done based on the properties and parameters of the surface to be treated.