Once upon a time people, settling in a long-awaited, desired individual apartment, did not pay much attention to the beauty of the ceilings. But, time does not stand still, and the current apartment owner wants to live in a more comfortable housing, and one of the indicators of this comfort is a flat ceiling. Yes, our housing stock does not shine at all with the beauty of the ceilings - everyone knows this. However, every homeowner wants the ceiling to be beautiful and even.
- Leveling the ceiling: choose your own method
- How to level the ceiling yourself: cheap and angry
- Options for leveling the uneven ceiling: "dry" or "wet"
- Aligning walls and ceilings: use dryMix
- Leveling of the ceiling by Rothband with your own hands: the technical process is the same
- Materials for the leveling of the ceiling: choose to your taste and purse
- How to level the ceiling with your own hands( video)
KaTo level the ceiling, without much damage to the family budget, or even better, yourself, with your own hands?The methods are very different, with the help of which the ceiling is leveled.
Leveling the ceiling: select your method
Uneven ceiling does not please anyone. How can we hide its irregularities?
To ensure that the ceilings in your apartment have a normal appearance, there are many ways.
The most common way to date is to level the ceiling with plaster and putty. However, this one does not deny other ways.
- As already mentioned, plaster and putty;
- Suspended ceiling from plasterboard;
- Stretch ceiling;
- Roof rack;
- PVC panels;
- Panels made of polystyrene.
As you have already understood, these methods are divided into "dry" and "wet"."Dry" ways are more and more in demand in recent years.
How to level the ceiling with your own hands: cheap and angry
Of course, the simplest thing is to hire a team of skilled craftsmen who quickly and professionally will do you any repairs.
However, not everything is as simple as it might seem at first glance. Employment of labor can create unnecessary problems.
Brigade challenge is always a risk. You will ask why?
Causes of risk:
- There is a great number of amateur teams that do not really know how to do anything, however, Class;
- There are enough scams who, having lost confidence, receive an advance, and disappear forever.
Therefore, the best option is to do everything yourself, having got acquainted first with video and photographic materials, and also, having read special articles on this topic.
Options for leveling the uneven ceiling: "dry" or "wet"
So, you have outlined a major overhaul of your housing, and no matter how you tried to reduce the list of works, and at the same time, and estimates, you can not bypass the repair of ceilings.
The main options for repairing the ceiling, as mentioned above, are in the number of two: "dry" and "wet".
"Dry" is more preferable to those apartment owners who do not like dirt and long repairs, and the so-called "wet", is preferable for adherents of more conservative finish.
- "Dry" method: is diverse, as it is not limited to one type of finish. This method includes all types of suspended ceilings, as well as finishing with all kinds of tiles: from PVC, foam, etc.
- "Wet" method: is feasible when materials such as plaster and putty are used.
For more information about how this is done, see below, in the following subsections.
Aligning walls and ceilings: using dry mixes
Uneven walls, as well as an uneven ceiling - a real disaster, connected with the poor work of builders. But, however, it is necessary to correct the situation.
In order to make your apartment look decent, repair should begin with the leveling of walls and ceilings. Of course, before this you need to "bring to mind" wiring.
After the preparation of walls and ceilings, which includes the removal of plaits, loose plaster and fungus, you need to prepare the necessary tools for work.
- Plates for preparation of plaster;
- Drill with special nozzle, or building mixer;
- Roller, brush and tray for the ground.
Now find out where it will be necessary to apply more layer to the walls for alignment.
If the deviations are large - you need to use plaster, if not very - just putty.
Next, the surface should be primed with a deep penetration primer - this will improve adhesion.
Align the ceiling:
- Install aluminum lighthouses on the putty. The distance between the beacons should be less than the width of the rule.
- We make plaster, using dry, ready-made mixtures. Mixture should be prepared strictly according to the instructions.
- The spatula is applied to the ceiling slabs with plaster.
In exactly the same way, we even level the walls, using beacons, if necessary. And there, where irregularities are small, we use shpaklevku. Next - paint..It remains only to make the right painting.
Leveling of the ceiling by Rothband with your own hands: the technical process is the same
Rothband is an improved plaster mix from Knauf, whose serious quality can not be doubted.
Using Rotband, you greatly facilitate your work.
So, you chose Rothband, apparently, on the advice of specialists or acquaintances. Your choice is not accidental, and there are reasons for that, as Rothband has obvious advantages.
- Fast drying, because its base is plaster;
- The speed of work can be higher for those who have skills in the field of putty. If you completely level the ceiling within 24 hours, you will not need to finish the finish.
Rothband is a mixture, the quality of which is much better than that of a conventional mixture. It is suitable for all planes, and is very popular, especially when leveling ceilings.
Materials for leveling the ceiling: choose to your taste and purse
Choosing the material, we take into account your budget and your own perception of the correct finish of the ceiling.
Of course, if the budget allows you, you can make a stretch ceiling with photo printing, or 3d ceiling, and if your budget is modest, or you live in an apartment, of course, you can and should choose a more modest solution for finishing.
The materials that represent the modern construction market are abundant.
What you need to take into account:
- Budget. Of course, you can not make a stretch ceiling with a scanty budget.
- Ceiling height. At too low a ceiling the false ceiling is inappropriate.
- Is it necessary to hide engineering structures under ceilings?In this case, as it is impossible, by the way, there will be a false ceiling.
- Just make inexpensive redecoration, say, for sale or exchange. In this case, you can either level the ceiling with putty, or, even easier, glue it with foam plastic tiles.
Thus, considering all of the above, you need to decide on the choice of the material you need.
If you want a ceiling with rounded corners, it is cheaper and easier to use a special profile than suffer with plaster.
How to level the ceiling with your own hands( video)
And in conclusion, it is worth taking stock of all that has been said. How to mask the curved ceiling, and which way to use it, in order to fix all the defects of the base ceiling, you determine by reading the articles and watching videos on this topic. With the help of the mentioned materials, you will be able to remove the defects of the ceilings yourself. Perhaps you will level the concrete ceiling with building mixtures, perhaps, arrange a stretch ceiling in your private house or apartment. It all depends on your preferences and the budget allocated for repairs.