The decision to join the living room and kitchen is used both in private houses of different sizes and in urban apartments. To the hotel and dining area looked like, but something different, interior designers resort to various tricks. The dining room and the living room are two similar zones. The only thing that distinguishes them is the food they consume in a particular room. For example, in the dining room people have dinner, dinner and breakfast, and in the living room they arrange tea-parties, friendly parties with cocktails, etc. When the space in the house is used to the maximum, these areas are combined. They need to be combined so that they do not conflict with each other in terms of style. How to do it?
- Living room dining room: zoning basics
- Choosing furniture for dining-living room
- Living-dining room: a collection of color solutions
- White living-dining room: the most popular color
- Furnishing a living-dining room(Video)
- Detail: living-dining room( interior photo)
Dining area in the living room: zoning basics
Many ask whether the area of the house or apartment depends on the combination of the dining room and the guestNoah?No, it does not. The dining room is introduced into the living room and in a small apartment, in the studio, in multi-room apartments, and in private houses. In principle, this solution is very convenient, because in the presence of a living-dining room you can calmly arrange feasts and not worry about the time spent with guests.
A small area - not a hindrance to the combination of the two zones. In a private house zoning can be carried out using stylish solutions, use as a zonator table, for example.
Namely, we separate the dining area from the living room area with the help of a table. If you have a studio apartment, you should especially resort to this method, because it requires a minimum amount of furniture. Do not need to purchase any additional screens, partitions, shelves or anything else, just select the right table. Which dining table is suitable for zoning?
A couple of tips:
- It is desirable that the table be large. But if we are talking about a small room, a medium-sized table is suitable. The ideal size of the table holds a minimum of 4 people.
- Pay attention to the material of the dining table and its color. Do not buy a massive wooden table, if the whole room is decorated with you in the style of high-tech. It will certainly perform the zoning function, but it will look too cumbersome.
- Choose a table based on the general interior of the room: if the living-dining room is made in the style of a chalet or in a wooden style, a beautiful wooden table with a round or square shape suggests itself.
- For a hi-tech style or minimalism, you can choose white plastic tables or a beautiful glass table, preferably a round shape.
- For the table should be selected suitable chairs, which will also fit into the overall interior. It is the chairs that will serve as the main zoners and separate the dining room from the living room.
To make the room look fully, the table should be placed as close to the kitchen area as possible. If for such there is no special room. It will be much easier for the hostess to set the table if it is near the stove. Also, you can put a dining table next to the stairs, if it is far from the entrance to the house. Do not put the dining table in the center of the room, this decision is possible only if the dining room is a separate room or it is combined only with the kitchen.
Choosing furniture for dining-living room
The living room combined with the dining room, needs the correct selection of furniture, you should determine the overall style of the room. The living-dining room, decorated in simple simple style, requires the same furniture. In addition, the importance is the color scale, the view from the window, the type of living quarters. A set of furniture for a dining-living room in a country house will differ from a set of furniture in an apartment.
Furniture should serve not only in decor, but also perform useful functions. This is especially true for small rooms.
The standard set of dining room furniture looks like this:
- Dining table;
- Lighting fixtures;
- Coffee and cutting tables;
- Cupboard for dishes.
This is an approximate project of choosing furniture for dining-living room. The dining room, combined with the kitchen and the living room, also includes a refrigerator, lockers for spices, a cabinet for household appliances. If the dining room is combined only with the living room, these items can be excluded.
Living-dining room: a collection of color solutions
In which color or colors should the dining-living room be designed?This question is asked by all who decided to combine these two zones. To begin with, interior design allows you to use 2 or more colors in the design of the room.
In one room with the greatest joy the following shades will live:
- White and beige;
- White and yellow;
- Blue and dark blue;
- Orange and yellow;
- Cornflower and violet;
- Sand and shade of wenge.
Any of the above shades can live alone. That is, if you want to decorate the hall in sand colors, you can do the same with the dining area. Please note that you should not use the orange tint in the dining area. The orange color increases appetite, which can adversely affect your weight.
When combining colors, it is not necessary to paint walls or glue wallpapers of this color. You can also designate zones with flowers using textiles. For example, in the living room area, orange curtains, carpet, upholstery furniture will perfectly match with white tablecloths, white rug and white upholstery of chairs. Do you want to combine an orange color with a wenge color?This can be done with the help of a cupboard painted in wenge color, chairs of the same color, tablecloths on the table and napkins.
Here everything is limited to your flight of fantasy. If you have a design talent, you can combine any incongruous colors in the living room, the collection of combinations is unlimited.
White living-dining room: the most popular color
White living room or white dining room. .. Sounds great, especially if these areas are combined and both white. The dining area in white colors looks great and can look royal. Elegant white dining room or living room needs the right finish.
If you want white in your living room, pay attention to the following:
- Thoroughly finishing the walls, floor and ceiling: the finish must be done professionally, the walls are carefully plastered and plastered, with the same ceiling, floor tiles and fluffy white carpets for the warmth in the living room area can be laid on the floor;
- When choosing wallpaper, pay attention to the snow-white wallpaper, some gold or white patterns are allowed;
- The ceiling can be chosen tension or hanging;
- Chandelier selection depends on the height of the room: high chandeliers can be chosen with a low chandelier in gold or white colors, with different decor, low ceiling lamps are best suited for lamps built into the ceiling( possibly with suspended and stretched ceilings).
Choose dining room furniture with a non-marble finish so that it can be cleaned in case of contamination.
Living-dining room arrangement( video)
It is impossible to decorate a dining-living room in white without a bay window. The eraser is a semicircular glazed part of the house outside, which is very similar to a lantern. Owners of private houses are strongly recommended to decorate their house with a bay window in the dining-living area and enjoy a beautiful view from the window.