. The choice of a staircase to the second floor is a responsible event, because the design that is used many times during the day should be reliable and comfortable. In addition, as an element of the interior, the staircase should be suitable for decorating the room, emphasizing its style and highlighting its characteristics. How to choose a ladder that meets the standards and safety standards, parameters and design of the room - read in the article.
- Internal staircases: classification
- Staircase inside the house to the second floor: selection criteria
- What should be the dimensions of the interstore stairs
- What should be taken into account when assembling the interstore stairs in a private house with their own hands
- Detail: staircase inside the house to the second floor( photo examples)
Internal staircases: classification
Choosing the interstorey staircaseTu, first, you need to determine the type of construction most suitable for the parameters of the room.
First, the stairs are straight( marching, "goose step") and curved( screw, G-shaped, U-shaped).The first, most often, are used as front, exterior structures, since in the house they occupy a lot of square meters. Most often, for lifting to the second floor, curvilinear systems are chosen: they can be of different configurations( one-, two- and three-march), they are easy to install and take up little space.
In addition, the stairs can be open and closed. Open - "light" design without risers. Such staircases perfectly suited for the design of the room in the style of loft, minimalism or high-tech. Closed constructions are elegant representatives of classical interiors.
According to the type of fastening, staircases are isolated on the cocosores, bolts, one propeller, modular systems, sliding ladders with a lifting mechanism. If the first species are suitable for any premises, then the latter type is best used for lifting to the attic.
Stairs inside the house to the second floor: selection criteria
Regardless of the type, the structures that allow free movement between levels should be selected in accordance with the criteria for comfortable and safe operation.
For example, in-house ladders must meet the following requirements:
- Inter-floor structures should have a comfortable and safe approach for lifting and convergence: after all, the cluttered approach, the bent edge of the carpet before the bottom steps, etc., can lead to injuries.
- The structures inside the house must be equipped with convenient handrails and balusters. Elements should be mounted at a distance of not more than 150 mm from each other.
- The ladder must be stable, without cracks and tears, irregularities and other surface defects.
- All dimensions of structural elements must comply with GOSTs and SANPs.
The ladder should be well lit: automatic illumination of the steps in the dark, the wall sconce along the structure, additional ceiling hanging or spotlights.
What should be the dimensions of the interstore ladders
As mentioned above, one of the main criteria for choosing a ladder is the level of comfort in its operation: internal staircases should be comfortable for all members of the family( for adults, for the young and the elderly).When choosing a staircase to the second floor, it should be understood that the more compact the design, the more difficult it will be to use it. Often, this is due to the angle of inclination: the smaller the width of the steps and the shorter the length of the ladder, the steeper the slope of the structure.
Proceeding from this, when choosing a ladder, it is necessary to pay attention to:
- Angle of inclination. The most safe and comfortable are considered designs with a slope of 30-45 degrees.
- Step dimensions. According to GOST, the width of the tread within the range of 25-35 cm is considered optimal, the height of the riser is 12-20 cm. In addition, all the values of the main stages should be the same.
- The width of the march. Do not forget about the width of the ladder: the most successful are the constructions with a ladder march with a width of at least 90 cm. Such requirements are associated, first of all, with the norms of fire safety.
These recommendations apply to rotary structures and staircases of screw type, non-standard systems.
However, for curvilinear staircases, there are additional selection criteria:
- Sealing steps in rotary structures must not be less than three;
- The width of the turning stage in the narrowest place should be from 100 mm and above.
In structures with a platform, the length and width of the passage must be a minimum of 800 mm( this is because, in the event of a loss of equilibrium, a smaller area will not stop the fall).
Things to consider when assembling the interstore ladders in a private house with your own hands
If your apartment has a non-standard height, ceiling opening, or the dimensions of the area to accommodate the staircase, the finished structures may not be suitable. In this case, you can order a ladder for individual dimensions or make a system yourself.
Calculate the basic design values, according to specific dimensions, with the help of building online calculators, which will provide basic design values;Diagram, drawings, two or three-dimensional model;Various design options for stairs.
When designing a structure for moving between floors in a private house, you should seriously approach the choice of material for manufacturing. For wooden houses, a wooden staircase is best. Often, for the manufacture of such designs, choose pine, oak, beech, walnut and other glued wood species. Brick and panel houses expand the choice of materials for decoration. Here you can install stairs with a metal, glass steps, structures finished with marble, stone, tiles, etc.
In addition, when developing a ladder yourself, do not limit yourself to typical options: homemade stairs are a great opportunity to show imagination and creativity. Different types of structures can be combined into one ladder, for finishing which you choose non-standard color combinations, original decor elements, modern materials.
If the house has weak overlapping, it is better to make a "lightweight" structure without risers and side walls, mounting on one plane.
The ladder is a universal means of transport between the floors. The design should be comfortable and fit the parameters of the room. Making an inter-floor system with your own hands will maximize the use of space, make the interior unique and original.
How to make an interstorey ladder with your own hands( video)
The main thing, both when choosing and when making stairs, do not depart from standards and safety standards, adhere to optimal dimensional characteristics and recommendations. And you will get a safe and comfortable design that will last for many years!