Drywall - perfect finish for walls and ceilings. With its application, you can quickly and easily level any surface, create original designs that give the interior an originality, solve the problem of planning. Drywall requires additional finishing. One of the most common ways of decorating it is by gluing wallpaper. Many are wondering - wallpapers on drywall: how to glue correctly?The main rule for proper gluing is the qualitative preparation of the surface. The process of gluing itself depends largely on the type of wallpaper.
- Do I have to finish the drywall under the wallpaper
- correct Wallpapering on gypsum walls
- Liquid wallpaper on drywall: how to apply correctly
- Easy ways to remove wallpaper from drywall
- How to hang wallpaper on drywall( video)
Do I have to finish the drywall under the wallpaper
those who make repairs on their own, are often concerned about the advisability of finishing drywall under the wallpaper. This issue is easily resolved, if you think about the effects of wallpapering without proper finishing.
Preparing the drywall under the wallpaper consists of the following stages: primer, embedding joints, putty, sanding and finishing primer. All these processes are important to perform, using only high-quality materials, as well as strictly following the instructions.
- should immediately perform the initial primer. It will penetrate deep into the material, protect it from attacks of fungi and mold.
- Perform gypsum plastering of joints and holes from the screws so that the composition fills all the cavities. On top of the material you need to attach a sickle.
- Before applying putty on gypsum board, it is necessary to polish it to remove the surface from unevenness and contamination.
- Suitable for plastering with a wide trowel. With it, you can evenly coat the entire surface of the drywall with a mixture. On a large spatula, the mixture is conveniently applied with a small spatula.
- Allow the first layer of putty to dry. Apply a second coat. Allow to dry completely. Then you need to polish it. This will help to identify cracks and irregularities.
- Finish with a primer. Allow to dry. For a more effective result, the surface is treated twice.
When buying materials for puttying and priming, it is important to pay attention to their purpose. To finish the gypsum board surface it is necessary to use materials for interior decoration.
correct Wallpapering on gypsum walls
After finishing drywall, you can start wallpapering. On gypsum cardboard you can glue any wallpaper you like: vinyl, non-woven, liquid, bamboo. Wallpaper on drywall paste easily. The whole process can be performed independently, following the advice of professionals.
Rules for gluing wallpaper on gypsum board:
- Adhesive for wallpapers should be selected according to the type of wallpaper. A sticker on the package will tell you about its proper preparation and application.
- The wallpaper must be glued from the side of the window.
- The adhesive must be applied directly to the surface, as well as to the wallpaper strip.
- It is important to avoid drafts. When gluing the wallpaper, the window openings must be closed, otherwise there is a risk of the wallpaper peeling off.
- The joints between the wallpaper must not coincide with the seams of the plasterboard sheets.
- To smooth the wallpaper, use a rubber roller or spatula made of plastic.
The pasted wallpaper must be left for one day in a tightly closed room. These simple rules will help to decorate the walls and ceilings of plasterboard beautifully and qualitatively.
Liquid wallpaper on plasterboard: how to apply correctly
Liquid wallpaper is a popular wall decoration today. They have gained fame and deserve the love of consumers because of its ecological composition, completely safe for human health. Such wallpaper is easy to apply to walls, they do not form seams, provide ample opportunities for the design of wallpaper.
On gipsokartonnuyu surface liquid wallpaper is applied as well as on other surfaces. Before applying it is important to finish the plasterboard - to make a standard procedure of puttying and priming.
The most important thing in the application of liquid wallpaper is their proper preparation. To do this, strictly follow the instructions on the packaging.
Step by step application of liquid wallpaper:
- Pour the required amount of the mixture into warm water.
- The composition should be thoroughly stirred, covered with a lid and wait a couple of hours until the mixture dissolves in water. It is best to mix the ingredients with your hands.
- Complete the finish of plasterboard.
- Before application, the wallpaper must be thoroughly mixed again.
- Apply the mixture to the surface with strokes from corner to corner. It is important to take into account that the wallpaper can not be applied in circular motions.
- You can apply wallpaper when windows and doors are open, as this type of wallpaper is not afraid of drafts.
- Each layer of wallpaper dries completely within two days.
The main advantage of liquid wallpaper is that at any time you can make a replacement for the damaged area. To apply a new layer of wallpaper, you need to moisten the old site with water, and apply a new composition on top.
Easy ways to remove wallpaper from gypsum board
Correctly executed surface finish of gypsum cardboard makes it easy to remove wallpaper in case of another repair.
Professional builders offer methods that will help to remove the old wallpaper neatly, without damaging the surface of the drywall.
Methods of removing wallpapers:
- Specialized solutions for removing wallpapers are available in specialized departments. They will get rid of additional problems.
- If the wallpaper is non-woven, remove them will be easy. This species consists of two layers. When removing the top layer, the bottom remains on the surface.
- If the wallpaper is firmly adhered to the wall, water will help to rip them off. Only apply it carefully and in small quantities, so that water does not damage the drywall. It is better to walk on the wallpaper with a damp cloth. Moisture will help the paper get wet and fall behind.
If you can not remove the wallpaper, it's best to coat the surface again and apply new wallpapers on top.
How to glue wallpapers on gypsum board( video)
Drywall is a popular material for covering walls and ceilings. It is very convenient to use and economical. Drywall can last for many years, provided it is accurately handled. Usually, wallpaper, tile or paint is used for decorating drywall. To properly paste wallpaper on the drywall wall, you need to know the finer points of the repair, which will ensure a smooth surface and easy wallpapering. Methods for finishing gypsum cardboard depends on the types of wallpaper. However, the key to their successful implementation is high-quality surface treatment for gluing: puttying and priming.