Curtains in the interior occupy a very important place. At the moment there are so many types of curtains that it is very difficult to find a suitable variant for yourself. To help you decide on the color, design by the way of fixing such elements of the apartment design, we will provide a list of the most popular types.
- How to choose the type of curtains
- What are the types of curtains on the windows: we divide by the design
- Determine what kinds of curtains are made on the materials of the manufacture
- Types of curtains according to the fixing method
- Variety of curtains for different interiors
- Overview of types of curtains( video)
- Curtains design and types for windows, description( photo in interior)
How to choose the type of curtains
Curtains are of great importance in creating a cosiness in an apartment. They not only make the interior brighter and more complete, but also hide from prying eyes all that occurs in your home. Also, the curtains perform the function of adjusting the light.
To make the interior look harmonious, you need to make sure that the curtains are combined with its main components in color and style. However, first of all, you have to understand what kinds of curtains are, and how they interact with different designs.
You also need to decide what to consider when choosing curtains. There are only four parameters.
What you need to consider when choosing curtains:
- The size of the window and room. This parameter indicates that long heavy curtains greatly reduce the amount of free space in the room, and short curtains, on the contrary, move it apart.
- It is also very important to consider the style of the interior. For modern apartments it is better to choose more concise options.
- The color of the curtains also plays an important role. With the shade of curtains, you can make the interior brighter, or vice versa, pacify it.
- Decorative elements on the curtains are able to add a chic room, or, conversely, change it for the worse. Mostly it concerns lambrequins and other decorative products.
Given all these parameters, you can create an interior that all households will admire. Remember that any detail can dramatically change the design of the room.
What are the types of curtains on windows: we divide by design
The first parameter by which the curtain divides is their design. All the time there are new and new varieties of curtains, so we will describe only the most popular of them.
Types of curtains according to the design:
- blinds are curtains consisting of thin slats. Previously, such paintings were used only to decorate the windows of offices, but now there are options that perfectly fit into modern interiors of living quarters.
- Roller curtains have grown fond of a variety of designs for millions. They can be made from different materials and have any coloring. Such curtains got their name due to the fact that, if necessary, you can lift them to the top of the window frame by roll-up.
- Roman curtains impress the variety of performance. They usually correspond to the size, length and width of the glass part of the window frame. Such designs also have the ability to adjust lighting. To use this function, you just need to pull the rope. Under the influence of the lifting mechanism, the curtain will rise, forming an accordion.
- Japanese curtains consist of panels covered with cloth. They do not have warehouses and move along the guides. Such interior elements are called Japanese because they are used in the east as room dividers.
- Classic curtains are rectangular cloths. They are hung on the cornice and drop down into even warehouses.
- French curtains consist of a single large fabric, in which the lifting straps are threaded. Such curtains form beautiful warehouses and are fixed in one position.
- Austrian curtains in the normal position represent a long cloth collected at the bottom of beautiful flounces. If you pull the tape, the design is converted into a short curtain with beautiful warehouses.
- Italian curtain consist of two cloths that drape due to stretched diagonally tapes.
- Curtains - cafe short and light. They are ideal for small apartments in a romantic style.
- The yarn curtains look modern and original. They add an airiness and uniqueness to the interior.
This is not all varieties of curtains. However, we have presented to you the most interesting and popular ones.
Most of the varieties of curtains, you can do it yourself. For this you will need only your imagination and patience.
All these varieties are further divided into types, by the method of fastening to the window and by the type of materials from which they are made.
Determine what are the curtains on materials manufacturing
materials manufacturing curtains are also playing a significant role in creating the interior. It is the texture of such paintings that gives the room design a more interesting appearance.
list with the description of the most popular m aterialov Curtain:
- For these curtains as the blinds of metal or plastic is used more often. However, there are variants of fabric, wood and even paper.
- Winter curtains are made of heavy dense materials, which are used not only for decoration, but also to improve the thermal insulation in the room. Such materials can be velvet, corduroy, tweed, plush, gobelin, brocade, muslin, etc.
- for modern curtains in the Greek style, as well as blinds are often used environmentally friendly materials such as linen and cotton chintz. There are also roller blinds made of bamboo.
The material from which the curtain is made is of great importance. For example, classical designs like luxurious heavy fabrics.
Types of curtains according to the method of fastening
Also curtains can be attached to a variety of fasteners. The design of blinds, Roman and roll curtains, suggests that they will be installed on the frame with the help of special brackets and other elements. About the fastenings of fabric cloths need to talk separately.
fastenings fabric canvases:
Most fabric curtains are attached to the cornice with hinges. Previously they were sewn, each separately, and now they use special curtain tape, which already have the necessary number of loops.
Fastening the curtains to the cornice can be hidden behind a beautiful lambrequin. Lambrequins can be hard and tissue.
You can also use multi-level cornices. They have several platforms for curtains. With the help of such designs, you can hang on the windows several types of curtains. For example, tulle and Italian curtains.
Curtain varieties for different interiors
Curtains need to be chosen depending on the style of the interior. Otherwise, you can not set one tone for the room.
Elements such as metal and plastic blinds fit perfectly into the high-tech style. They will emphasize the modernity of this design and add convenience to the room. To ensure that the room does not look too formal, you can use not horizontal but vertical blinds.
For interior in the Art Nouveau style, roll or Roman curtains are suitable. In this case it is better if they will be executed visas of natural materials. Particularly interesting are products made of wood and bamboo. Romantic interiors of the Provence type can be decorated with light curtains with ruffles and ruffles.
You can experiment with the shape and texture of the curtains, combining in the interiors crossed curtains of different shades and densities.
Country style country, as well as possible complement the short curtains with a simple pattern. These can be canvases made of natural materials decorated with a small flower or cage.
Classic interiors are better decorated with large heavy curtains of noble materials. Such luxurious canvases can be supplemented with at least pretentious lambrequins.
Overview of types of curtains( video)
At the moment there are a huge number of types of curtains. Some of them appeared quite recently, while others came to us from the Middle Ages. Use your taste and imagination, and you can create a stylish and unique interior.