The loggia in modern apartments is quite large, and therefore can be used as a full-fledged recreation room. To give this room a cozy and rooted appearance, you need to use curtains. Also curtains perform the function of adjusting the light entering the balcony. How to choose curtains on the loggia and how to make them yourself - read on.
- Types of curtains on the loggia: photo
- Tips for choosing curtains on the balcony
- 6 meter curtains on the loggia
- How to make curtains on the balcony with your own hands
- Stylish curtains on the loggia( video)
- Curtain design on the loggia 6 meters( photo ideas)
Types of curtains on the loggia: photo
To decorate the windows on the balcony or loggia with curtains you need to have a good sense of style. After all, among the variety of types of curtains it is easy to get lost. To make it easier for you to decide the choice, we will describe the options that are most suitable for the balcony.
Types of curtains:
- Blinds - one of the most actual options for registration of the loggia. In spite of the generally accepted opinion, such curtains do not always look formal. They can be made not only from plastic and metal, but also from wood or bamboo. Such designs have the most diverse design and are incredibly easy to care for.
- Roller blinds are also suitable for decoration of balconies. They can be made of synthetic and natural materials. Such curtains look neat and stylish.
- Roman curtains - another version of short curtains for the decoration of the loggia windows. With their help, you can adjust the intensity of lighting in the room. With the help of a special mechanism, the curtains rise, folding into the accordion, and fall, straightening the folds.
- French and Austrian curtains are threaded in such a way that pulling on the shoelaces, you can raise them to the desired level, collecting in beautiful flounces. Such curtains can be made from light and dense fabrics.
- You can also decorate the windows of the loggia with a light tulle, or standard organza curtains. Another option for the decoration of the balcony is the short curtains of the cafe.
Curtains on the loggia are hung either on special rails or on cornices. The type of curtains is chosen depending on the degree of room lighting, the size of the windows and the style of the interior.
Tips for choosing curtains on the balcony
The loggia in the apartment usually plays the role of a rest room. This destination implies a cozy interior and the possibility of shelter from the scorching sun.
Curtains for a loggia are chosen depending on its design, lighting and purpose.
However, it happens that for the sake of increasing the size of the room, the loggia is combined with the next room. Such a combined loggia needs to be formalized depending on the design of the space to which it adjoins.
Designers advice on the design of loggia windows with curtains:
- Curtains should not interfere with the free opening and closing of windows on the loggia.
- If your loggia is connected to the kitchen, then choose the easy-cleaning curtain options. Blinds are an excellent option for such premises.
- Curtains, which are mounted directly on the sash, do not reduce the space of the room. Also they are very functional, as they leave free access to every part of the window.
- If you live in a typical building, then most likely, the width of your loggia is quite small, so to design its windows do not use too pompous curtains with large ruffles, flounces and lambrequins.
- If the balcony or loggia are facing north, then the curtains should be warm, even better if they are transparent. For rooms facing south, choose tighter curtains of cool shades.
- Curtains on the loggia should be combined in color with the curtains in the room behind it.
Choosing curtains for a loggia in the first place you need to follow your preferences. However, do not neglect the advice of professional designers.
6 meter curtains on the loggia
In some houses, the length of the loggia can reach 6 meters. In such rooms, usually a lot of windows, so the curtains for them to choose is not always convenient.
window. The perfect option for such rooms will be self-made blinds from the wallpaper. They fit well into most interiors and will not cost you too much.
Roman and roller blinds are also ideal for large loggias. They can have a very different design and fit into any style of the interior. Such curtains are attached directly to the doors, so you can fully use each element of the window opening.
Most of the options for curtains suitable for loggia design can be easily made by yourself. Also you can buy them in specialized stores.
If you like transparent curtains, then pay attention to short curtains from organza or tulle. Such interior elements can be white or have a gentle pastel shade.
In any case, it is desirable that the curtains are divided into separate parts that will hang each on its leaf. Curtains for the loggia should be comfortable and practical.
How to make curtains on the balcony with your own hands
Buying curtains for long loggias can get you pretty expensive. If you want to transform the interior of your balcony by spending a minimum of money, you can make a blind with your own hands.
You can make a wide variety of curtains on your own. These can be ordinary fabric blinds or comfortable paper blinds. The simplest option would be roll curtains.
How to make a curtain yourself:
- Measure the size of the window frame. You need to determine the length and width of each individual glass. To the resulting size, add 2 cm on each side.
- Choose the appropriate fabric. It is better if it is made of flax or cotton, combined in color with the basic shades of the interior.
- Cut two pieces of cloth for each curtain.
- Sew the fabric with each other from two vertical and one horizontal sides. In the horizontal seam, insert a wooden bar and sew it there.
- Sew along the horizontal sides of two bands from the front and back. Tapes must be level and have one seam.
- Fix the upper edges of the tape to the open part of the bag. Gently tuck it and stitch it.
- Attach the curtain to the window using a construction stapler or double-sided adhesive tape. The first method is chosen if the frame is wooden, and the second one, if you have plastic windows.
To raise the curtains you will need to roll the canvas into a roll, and fasten it to the desired level by tying ribbons in beautiful bows. In closed form, at the ends of curtains, too, there must be ribbons from the ribbons, so these curtain elements should be 10 cm longer than the canvas.
Stylish curtains on the loggia( video)
Curtains for the loggia give this room a cozy and finished appearance. Make them yourself, and you will get a stylish and beautiful interior without spending a lot of money.