Not everyone knows that a sink and a washbasin are different things. The washbasin is the original view of the shell. The very word "shell" came from a small thing like it - a sea shell. Shells come in a variety of materials, as well as different shapes. Washbasins built into the countertop have a slightly different shape - the edges at the edges, which prevent water from entering the table. Forms, colors, types of such shells are now diverse.
- Practical solution: built-in washbasin in the worktop
- Installation of the sink in the worktop: ceramics and metal
- Mounting of the conch shell on the tabletop: natural and artificial stone, glass
- How to fix the sink to the table top:Mounting
- Mounting the sink on the worktop( video)
Practical solution: built-in washbasin in the worktop
Thanks to this solution, your plumbing will be hidden. Additional hanging shelves will not be needed, as all the necessary items can be put on the table. Such plumbing can be placed below the level of the table or protrude out of it.
The table top shapes can be as follows:
Depending on the material of manufacture, this or that shell may have its advantages and disadvantages.
The material from which they can be manufactured:
- Glass. The material is easy to operate, has many colors. Shells made of transparent glass can have a backlight. Of the advantages can be distinguished aesthetic appeal of the shells, of the disadvantages - the probability of a split under the influence of hot water. But this happens very rarely at a factory marriage.
- Ceramics. Very often ceramics are taken and faience products, and products made of porcelain, but this is not entirely correct. Shells made of ceramics can be manufactured in completely different technologies. The shell of porcelain will cost more, in structure it is less porous and not as dense as other varieties. The faience sink is more sensitive to temperature changes and absorbs moisture better than porcelain. It is easy to take care of the ceramic sink, it is sufficiently resistant to mechanical influences, high temperatures, chemical. Means and sunlight.
- Wood. Wooden shells are made by hand from those types of wood that were used for the construction of boats and ships, and then laminated. Wooden plumbing is stylish and unusual looking, just as easy to care for. Out of the shortcomings, the high cost of a tree's ability to darken over time.
- Natural and artificial stone. Externally, the materials are very similar, but the structure is completely different. Artificial stone has many textures that can mimic a huge number of different surfaces. Wash basin made of artificial stone does not absorb moisture, it is very hygienic, resistant to chemical agents. Means and is absolutely environmentally safe. Artificial stone is much lower in the price of natural material. For the manufacture of stone washbasins, onyx, granite, marble and sandstone are used. The natural stone is quite porous and less durable than the artificial one.
- Metal. The material fits perfectly into any interior, it is very durable. Metal shells can be made of copper, stainless steel or enameled metal. Copper shells look very noble, rich and exquisite, they are perfect for Baroque interiors, art deco, etc. Copper sinks are hygienic and eco-friendly. Washbasins made of stainless steel are more suited to the interior in the style of high-tech, minimalism, etc. The material is not afraid of corrosion and does not darken from acid-alkaline compounds. Enameled shells can be met quite rarely, as the technology itself did not justify itself due to easily appearing scratches and chips. To the disadvantages of shells from any kind of metal can be attributed noise during use due to flowing water.
Regardless of the shape and material, the countertops have their pros and cons. For each interior you need to choose the most suitable kind. It is best to approach such plumbing will be for those who have separate bathrooms, as this is a cumbersome construction that requires space.
Installation of a sink in the countertop: ceramics and metal
These materials are the most popular for the production of washbasins. Ceramics are very sensitive to force, so it's better not to exert effort when installing it.
correctly. If you are interested in a wash basin with an art painting, then it should suit you. Scorched clay is very beautiful and costly, but it often happens that cracks do not remain there, and they are usually long. On the ceramics of light color, they will be brown, and on the ceramics of the dark - white. The metal washbasin requires careful care of itself, as often it is left with drops in the form of a divorce or rust. Also, they are easy to damage - there are scratches that are very difficult to hide. On other materials it is much easier to hide such a drawback.
The material can be not only a classic gray kind, but also for non-ferrous metals, for example, such as copper and bronze. Metal products are well suited to the interior and are also in demand in the modern world. More often it is installed in kitchens, but there are special metals that will look luxurious in the bathroom. Sometimes they can be the most durable.
Mounting of a conch shell on a table top: natural and artificial stone, glass
Natural stones for the shell include marble and granite. They are considered the most hygienic materials. Minus the natural stones is that they are heavy and need a strong table for them to avoid breakage. In no case can not wash with detergent and rub with an iron sponge - the surface of the sink will deteriorate. Artificial stone is a complete replica of natural. An essential advantage is that he is unpretentious in care, and also much cheaper than natural. The composition of the material of such shells includes stone crumb and acrylic.
The glass sink is very fragile and has many shapes and sizes( much more than the previously mentioned versions of materials).It should be noted that this is the most whimsical stuff. First, more thorough care is necessary, since without washing, drops constantly wither on it, and detergents most often leave the stains( it is best to wash the glass cleaner).Secondly, no heavy objects on it should not be, especially if the top cover is also glass. Also on it can be used engraving, and the glass itself can be opaque, transparent and smooth.
How to fasten the sink to the table top: mounting stages
Often the skillful owners themselves want to set the bowl on the countertop. Here are some tips on how to properly attach it, so that the structure does not collapse during operation.
- Describe the location of the future sink by applying it to the table top.
- Use a jigsaw to cut a hole.
- If necessary, apply an antiseptic or moisture repellent.
- Insert the seal( comes with the sink).
- Insert the sink, then fix the fasteners( do it carefully otherwise the sink can crack).
- Emphasize that the built-in sink will rest on the countertop, not on the foot, as in traditional cases.
- Self-adhesive tape is not always included, but it must be glued. Without it, a wooden table top can quickly deteriorate.
- The basic work is done at the bottom, place all the tools on the floor, because one wrong move - and the glass or ceramic sink will break.
- Place the bottom of the sink so that the faucet is not close to it, otherwise under high pressure the water will spray to the floor.
- Check that the pipe is not flowing, as it will be difficult to repair it in the future because of the enclosed space.
Mounting the sink on the countertop( video)
Often this kind of fasteners is associated with luxury. Those who want to install such a plumbing at home should remember that caring for it is more complicated. If you do not mind and you are not afraid, then go ahead and enjoy.