Perforated ceilings are an unoriginal and interesting design solution. In most cases, perforated panels made of PVC are used, since they have a low specific weight and are cheap. Alternatively, it is possible to use cassette materials or perforated plasterboard. Before the ceiling sheathing, it is necessary to clean the base surface and build a strong frame from the profiles.
- How is the mounting of the perforated tray to the ceiling
- Installation perforated coffered ceiling
- How to install a plastic perforated ceiling
- Install perforated plasterboard ceiling
- How to mount the perforated ceiling( video)
- perforated design(Photo of interiors)
How to mount the perforated tray to the ceiling
PerforatedTrays are used in case you need to lay a cable route. Perforated areas help to remove excess heat energy. Such trays are made of plastic or galvanized steel. Sometimes stainless steel products are used.
The tray can be attached to the ceiling with:
- Punch tape. This is the easiest way. When using a punched tape, the tray is secured with screws. Remember that the punched tape easily tears under the influence of a large load, so it is not practical to use it if the tray has a large specific weight.
- Brackets. This fastening method is the most reliable. In addition, when using brackets, the tray can be secured in any spatial position.
- Stud. This method is useful if you are going to conduct a large number of wires. When using hairpins, it is necessary to install an aluminum profile.
When using the bracket, it is absolutely necessary to use an anchor. They will add rigidity design.
Mounting perforated cassette ceiling
Cassette perforated panels are widely used, as they are easy to assemble and serve for a long time. In addition, before installing this design, you do not need to align the base surface.
Remember that the suspended cassette construction is quite bulky. When using this material, the ceiling height will decrease by 20-25 centimeters. That is why it is not practical to use cassette panels for finishing rooms with low ceilings.
The installation of the cassette perforated ceiling is carried out in several stages:
- Initially, the marking and installationWall profile.
- Next, fasten the hangers. If the suspensions are spring-loaded, then the fastening tab must be reduced. Remember that to fix the suspensions you need to use metal anchors. In the places where the lighting fixtures will be installed, it is necessary to fasten additional suspensions.
- Install the main and intermediate guides.
- Then it is necessary to sew the obtained frame with plates. To do this, you need to carefully insert the cassette into the cell, and lightly turn it. As a result, you should get a perfectly flat perforated surface.
- Install the lighting and decorative skirting.
How to install a plastic perforated ceiling
If you have a low ceiling, it is better to use plastic perforated panels. They are slightly cheaper than cassette materials, however, PVC panels wear out more quickly.
Before starting the installation, it is necessary to thoroughly clean the ceiling of the whitewash. It is also recommended to treat the base surface with an antifungal solution and conduct the wiring.
Perforated plastic ceiling installation technology:
- Apply to the ceiling the markings according to which you attach the start profiles.
- Fasten the wall bracket.
- Install the L-shaped profile. It should be fixed to special slats, and fixed with screws. It is worth noting that it is better to use metal profiles, since they are more durable than wood.
- Do the holes in the panels for the fixtures.
- Then proceed to install plastic perforated panels. The first panel is attached using self-tapping screws. All other panels need to be fixed on the profile rail.
- The last panel must be inserted into the profile of the L-shaped configuration. Install
- lighting fixtures and decorative skirting boards.
Install perforated plasterboard on the ceiling
Perforated panels of plasterboard appeared on the construction market relatively recently, however, they already had a good time to prove themselves. Such panels are fastened to a special metal or wooden crate.
Before proceeding with the installation, you need to eliminate all defects on the base surface. For this you need to use the putty. It is also recommended to apply a deep penetration primer to the base surface.
Mounting of perforated gypsum board panels is carried out in the following order:
- Post wiring.
- Set guide profiles along the perimeter of the room. It is recommended to use perforated trays made of metal.
- Next, you need to mount the ceiling profiles.
- Make holes in the gypsum cardboard under the lighting fixtures. If you use an LED strip, you do not need to do this.
- Then coat the frame with plasterboard sheets. Self-tapping is recommended for fixing the material.
- If desired, you can apply acrylic paints to the drywall.
- Install the lighting and decorative skirting.
How to mount perforated ceilings( video)
For the construction of perforated ceilings, it is better to use gypsum board. This material has a low specific gravity and high performance characteristics. Alternatively, cassettes made of aluminum or stainless steel can be used. If your room has a low base ceiling or you have a limited amount of money, then it is better to use perforated PVC panels.