An alternative to professional installation is the installation of the ceiling with your own hands. Find out how much the installation itself costs, perhaps you can stretch the ceiling yourself and pay only for the product.
How to make a stretch ceiling: the fineness of the process
The very process of making a ceiling consists of several stages. And this is without fabrication of the fabric, taking into account all available details.
- Inspection of the room. You have to decide how to deal with lighting - where it will come from, and what type of fixtures you will be making. Note the location of the pipes, this is extremely important for cutting the ceiling. The concrete ceiling should be cleaned, if the plaster is showered - remove it.
- Professionals enter measurements and other data into the computer, and a special program makes a drawing on the basis of the data - on it do the cutting of the ceiling. The size of this drawing and the pattern itself will not be the same as the size of the room, they will be smaller. Simply during operation, the material will be stretched to the required dimensions so that the surface is correctly level. The cutting takes place on large tables.
- From the big drum, the material is spread out onto a special table, then the material is cut according to the drawing. Cut it with simple scissors.
On the perimeter of the ceiling special equipment welds a harpoon of PVC, it is the device by which the canvas is mounted.
How to make a stretch ceiling yourself: mounting
Before you watch the video lessons of working with a tensioner, be sure to have all the necessary tools.
For work you will need( set):
- Heat gun with gas cylinder;
- Rotary hammer;
- Painting Scotch tape;
- Painter's knife;
- Self-tapping screws;
- Clamps for corners;
- Flat and angled spatula;
- Special blades;
On the walls of the room you need to install a profile, which is often called a baguette. It should be placed 4 cm below the main( rough) ceiling.
Next, the heat gun room is heated to 40 degrees. When the room warms up, the canvas can be attached to a baguette. The process itself begins with the base angle, which is marked on the canvas. After this, attach the angle opposite to it along the diagonal, the same must be done with the two remaining corners.
After this, the sides are fixed. The temperature in the room at this time will increase even more( to about 60 degrees).
If the work is not with PVC, but with polyester fabric, the installation process will be reversed. First of all, the sides of the material are fixed, only after this - the corners. Finishing work finishes, the ends of the cloth hide behind a special camouflage tape. The work takes from 1.5 to 3 hours - not so much in time.
Stretch ceiling with your hands: step by step instruction
If you want to clearly understand how the suspended ceilings are mounted, check out the standard work plan.
Work plan with tension ceiling:
- Measurement removal. Drawing a drawing on the measurements.
- Mounting of the fastening profile. It is fixed all around the perimeter of the ceiling.
- Installation of racks for optical devices. After installing the racks, project the dots of the middle of the fixtures to the floor. After the ceiling tension, you will not see these points. The projection is carried out by plumb lines or laser.
- Ceiling film mounting. The film is fixed by snapping locks on the profile, it is fixed approximately 15 cm.
- Next, the lighting equipment is mounted.
After the film is stretched, it is necessary to heat it for another 20 minutes, and then the film needs to cool down. Then the room needs to be ventilated, whether it's a joke - work at such a high temperature.
In the place of installation of lamps it is possible to fuse the edges of the film so that nothing has to be altered, install a special plastic ring under the lamp - it will protect the ceiling from reflow.
Features of tension ceilings
Stretch designs are beautiful and modern, and if you do not forget the rules of their operation, they can serve more than fifteen years.
It should be remembered that:
- Stretch ceiling does not tolerate cutting and stitching - because even a children's toy with potentially pricking parts, thrown up, can disrupt the integrity of the ceiling;
- The moisture of the ceiling is not afraid, and even the flooding is not terrible for him, but only if it is not boiling water;
- Incandescent lamps more than 60 W for a suspended ceiling under interdiction;
- Never put heating devices close to the tension ceiling;
- Bengal lights, or rather sparks from them, may well damage the ceiling, but the champagne cork will not do anything to it.
You can only wash stretch ceilings with a soft cloth - do not use an abrasive cleaner. However. If you only once a month will walk on the ceiling with a vacuum cleaner, and you will not have to wash it.
If you still wash, then let it be a soft sponge( the one you wash the dishes).Flannel rags, too, will do. Cleaners should not be used at all, at best - a mild soapy solution. At the same time, let it be foam from the laundry soap.
Undoubtedly, if there is theoretically a minus temperature in the room, the film ceiling can not be done. PVC-film will simply burst at minus.
Stretch ceiling with your own hands( video tutorial)
You can install tension ceilings yourself, but without proper experience, something can go wrong. So look into the question, watch the video tutorial, make sure that you have everything you need, and go for it.