The decorative parquet board looks much better than the usual edging or sheet piling. To make a ceiling with the help of this material is somewhat more complicated. To carry out the installation you will need decorative nails, strong screws, 30x30 beams, wooden plinths and dowels with a metal sleeve.
The installation is made in several stages:
- Install the vapor barrier on the ceiling.
- Then proceed with the construction of the frame. To install the battens, you need to attach the bricks to the base surface. For fixing, dowels with a metal sleeve are used.
- Next, a finishing parquet board is installed. The material is fixed using decorative nails and self-tapping screws.
- Attach the skirting board to the ceiling with the
- self-tapping screws. Place the skirting boards in place.
During the installation of the battens, make sure that they do not snug against the walls, because under the influence of moisture the frame can expand. It is also necessary to make sure of the smoothness of the frame. To test you will need a building level.
How to sew the ceiling with a board-lining yourself
If you need beautiful and inexpensive wooden ceilings, then use a board-lining. It costs less than flooring parquet, but it looks nothing worse. Remember that for finishing the ceiling it is recommended to use a lining made of coniferous species, since it is less prone to decay.
Before starting the installation, it is necessary to clean the base ceiling of the plaster or other finishing materials. It is also recommended to take care of the installation of steam and waterproofing in advance.
Installation of lining on the ceiling is done in this order:
- First you need to mark the ceiling under the lathing.
- Next, secure the profile. Do not forget to align them. It is best to use galvanized profiles, since they do not deform under the influence of moisture.
- If the ceiling is not exactly level, you can install an L-shaped skirting board.
- Attach the panels to the crate. To fix the material, use self-tapping screws.
How to install a grooved board on the ceiling in the house
It is not difficult to install a groovy plank on the ceiling correctly. First you need to clean the base ceiling from the finishing materials. It is also necessary to install a waterproofing layer.
is placed under the tongue-tie board
If the ceiling is made of wood in the house, it must be treated with an antiseptic solution. Otherwise, the ceiling may rot away, causing the ceilings to collapse.
The installation of the tongue-and-groove board is carried out in several stages:
- A frame must be constructed from the beams. It should be smooth and stable. To fix the crate it is desirable to use turboprops.
- Cut the boards to the required size. Do this very carefully, because the boards are very fragile material.
- Attach the grooved board to the frame. Secure the material with nails.
- After you have installed all the panels, treat the boards with an antiseptic. Do not forget to apply paint and varnish.
Grooved floor board: selection rules and features
Grooved board is a specific material. When choosing a material, you need to take into account a number of nuances. First of all, you need to decide on the choice of wood. Shpuntovannye boards are made of pine, larch and oak.
Pine boards should not be used because they have low moisture resistance and strength. It is recommended to prefer larch or oak. Shpuntovannye boards made from these tree species have a solid structure, and less susceptible to deformation.
Also when choosing a board you need:
- Pay attention to the shade of the material. Wood must have a shiny shade.
- Knock on the board. If the sound is sonorous, then the wood is quality.
- Check for knots on the surface. If you buy grooved boards of class "Extra", they should be perfectly smooth.
Installing the floorboard on the ceiling( video)
Wooden boards are an excellent material for finishing the ceiling. A wide range of building materials will allow you to easily find suitable boards. The most high-quality material is a parquet board. It is not prone to deformations and does not change its color over time. Also, high performance characteristics are provided by sheet piles made of larch. If your budget is limited, it is better to use a lining for cladding.