Polyfoam is a material that is widely used in interior decoration. He won the trust of consumers, as he has a number of incredibly attractive properties and at the same time has a low price. With the help of this material, you can store more heat in a non-residential space, and also trim the ceiling with a decorative purpose in the house or at the dacha.
- Pros and cons of plastic foam plates
- How to glue the foam to the ceiling in
- apartment How to glue the foam to the concrete ceiling
- How to glue a thin foam to the ceiling in
- garage How to glue the foam with foam(Video)
Advantages and disadvantages of foam plates
The house is often used foam plates for ceilings. This option, like many others, has a number of shortcomings and advantages. The main disadvantage of this finish is a non-representative appearance. But the choice in the direction of better materials and coloring of the finished ceiling with water-based paint will partially eliminate this drawback, as well as prolong the service life of the foam plastic finish.
Among the advantages of foam plates for the ceiling are:
- Polyfoam has no claims to the surface to be glued: at least approximately equal ceiling or walls are suitable for pasting.
- The foam does not burn.
- Polyfoam restrains the spread of sound and heat for redistribution of the room or any other room.
- With proper installation and operation, foam plates can serve you for decades.
- Plates made of foam plastic are very light, therefore sticking is not difficult.
- The light foam plastic ceiling looks neat and cute.
- The price of styrofoam is, perhaps, one of the main advantages. This material will cost you a few pennies.
The foam, despite its fire resistance, is susceptible to melting at high temperatures, so avoid direct contact of the plates with incandescent lamps and easily flammable objects.
How to glue foam on the ceiling in the apartment
If you decide to paste the ceiling in the apartment with foam plates, then most likely you will not run into too big problems. Concerning other ways of finishing the ceiling, pasting with foam plates is a very easy and cheap way to decorate the ceiling.
Ceiling of the ceiling is as follows:
- Measure the room and purchase the material with a small margin.
- The next step is to clean the ceiling and apply it to the primer.
- Identify the locations of the future layout of the slabs.
- Paste with a special adhesive for foam or liquid nails.
- The last plates are likely to be cut. This is easy to do with a conventional mounting knife or scissors.
- After installing the plates, install the ceiling skirting.
- If necessary, treat the surface with a sealant.
Be careful with the plates: if necessary, remove small burrs from the plates, but do not crease and damage the edges. Polyfoam is a very delicate material.
How to glue foam to concrete on the ceiling
In the case where it is necessary to attach the foam directly to the concrete, the choice of the adhesive is a key task. Unlike the primer, concrete does not have such a high adhesion, so you need to approach the selection of the bonding element more carefully.
For gluing concrete with foam board, the following is suitable:
- special adhesive for foam plastic;
- liquid nails;
- Adhesive foam.
Ensure that there is no gap between the surface and the plate. If the gap is detected, then use a sealant to remove it.
How to glue a thin foam plastic to the ceiling in the garage
Polyfoam is often used for insulation of non-residential premises, including garage. Garage - a place where motorists spend sometimes for several hours in a row. At low temperatures, such a stay becomes uncomfortable and even dangerous. In addition, the car will spoil from the low temperature inside its garage. To get rid of problems with lowered temperatures in the garage, you need to make a qualitative warming of the garage. One of such methods is the covering of walls and ceiling with foam plastic.
What's important when pasting the ceiling with foam:
- Choose a thick layer of non-decorative foam. The maximum available width of the slab is 10 cm.
- For good quality gluing, choose a good adhesive for foam. Do not try to save on glue, otherwise the design will be unreliable.
- After pasting with foam, the finish is traditionally done with a layer of glue and a grid under the surface leveling, however, many miss this stage.
Polyfoam is suitable for both interior and exterior decoration of the ceiling. To make the insulation as effective as possible, make a double-sided insulation.
How to glue foam with mounting foam( video)
The foam plastic ceiling can serve two important purposes: beauty and heat preservation. The convenience of the material lies in its ability to adhere to both the prepared and the concrete ceiling. You can choose the desired shape of plates and pattern on the plates, so that the ceiling pleases you with its appearance, and also perfectly performed its functions.