To choose the best greenhouse for a summer residence is rather difficult. Through trial and error, vacationers give their preference to open-top polycarbonate greenhouses, which have many advantages over film and glass greenhouses.
- The good sliding greenhouses polycarbonate
- Greenhouses Polycarbonate Top opening: types of designs
- sliding greenhouses made of polycarbonate: the choice of material for the frame
- arched greenhouse with removable roof made of polycarbonate
- Dualopen greenhouse polycarbonate
- greenhouse "Convertible» polycarbonate: working principle
- Sliding greenhouses made of polycarbonate: a model of "Matryoshka»
- Removable roof greenhousesPolycarbonate: Features installation design
- What are the greenhouses of polycarbonate with an opening roof( video)
- Examples hothouses and greenhouses made of polycarbonate with an opening roof( photo)
The good sliding greenhouses polycarbonate
latelyPolycarbonate hothouses are more often and more frequently seen in the suburban areas and in the private sector. Summer-lovers and professionals prefer to grow seedlings and first greens in small greenhouses with open top.
sliding roof, equipped with an automatic mechanism may be closed and opened according to a predetermined schedule.
To get a decent harvest, you need to create a suitable microclimate inside the greenhouse. The sliding greenhouse perfectly suits all parameters for growing the first vegetables.
Pros sliding greenhouses:
- Inside greenhouses formed an ideal microclimate for growing seedlings, herbs and vegetables;
- The sliding roof provides plants with the necessary amount of sunlight and fresh air;
- In the warm season during the rain, you can leave the roof open for irrigation beds;
- Pollination occurs without problems - the bees fly through the open roof;
- In winter, it is possible to open the roof so that the snow falls on the soil and moistens it.
It is not difficult to assemble such a greenhouse, it does not require installation on a special foundation. If desired, the design can be lengthened or shortened, while changing the useful area of the greenhouse.
Open-top polycarbonate greenhouses: types of
structures Before installing a greenhouse, you need to decide for what purpose it is needed. For growing vegetables on the table, you can use small greenhouses and greenhouses of polycarbonate up to 6 m long. Production greenhouses have a large useful area, and, therefore, the width and length of the structures is significantly different from domestic ones.
Polycarbonate greenhouses hide material which withstands wind delays harmful ultraviolet rays and protects plants from precipitation.
Depending on the height of the grown plants, as well as personal preferences, you can choose the shape of the greenhouse, which is installed on the site. For example, to grow a tomato is best to install a high greenhouse, for cucumbers, its width is more important.
Forms of greenhouses:
- Wall-mounted single-skinned.
In addition to the standard forms of greenhouse constructions, it is possible to distinguish a greenhouse in the form of droplets, half-arcs, arrows. Also, gardeners often use a greenhouse solar vegetation, which is also a kind of wall construction.
Polycarbonate sliding greenhouses: selection of the material for the
frame. Greenhouses can be made from any material in the country section. They will differ in price and lifetime.
Wood. The frame of wooden frames or racks is no longer as popular as a few dozen years ago. He has a number of shortcomings with which summer residents are not particularly willing to put up. The tree is prone to drying out, and also to decay. If you do not handle the slats with a special solution, the frame can rot for a season.
An ants can be living in a rotten tree - harmful insects that can kill crops.
For small greenhouses with a drop-down roof the tree is suitable, but for making tall greenhouses it is better to choose another material.
The galvanized profile is an excellent solution for long-lived greenhouses. The frame of the profile pipe withstands heavy loads, so the greenhouse is not afraid of snow lying on top. It is not difficult to assemble the structure from the galvanized profile, it is possible to cope with small greenhouses alone.
The frame made of galvanized corner withstands enormous loads, so it can be used for greenhouses intended for snow regions of the country. The only drawback is the high price, so hothouses with a corner frame are rarely used by gardeners to grow a small amount of vegetables.
The basis for a greenhouse made of metal-plastic pipes is an inexpensive and convenient form of a greenhouse. Pipes are well bent, so they can easily be shaped into any shape. The plastic is very light, the finished structure can be moved from place to place without much effort. Polycarbonate can be screwed to the pipes as a covering, and polyethylene film can be used. A hotbed of pipes and film is the cheapest option for a summer residence.
The most durable frame is made of aluminum pipes, but at the same time this material is the most expensive. If you make a greenhouse of aluminum, you need to strengthen the frame to the ground, so that it is not stolen by hunters behind scrap metal.
Arched greenhouse with a removable roof made of polycarbonate
The arched form for a greenhouse with a removable roof is considered the most successful and convenient. Basically arched greenhouses are made of galvanized profile, resistant to corrosion and well withstand loads.
It is possible to cover the arcs with a thick film, but the gardeners prefer to use more durable material for this purpose.
Polycarbonate coating allows the required amount of light to pass through and protects plants from the wind and other deposits.
The shape of the arch has its advantages:
- Inside the structure, a lot of sun is needed to grow plants;
- Beautiful appearance;
- Simple assembly of the structure;
- Possibility to extend the greenhouse by adding sections;
- There are not many additional parts needed for fixing.
One of the drawbacks is the need to install a framework on the foundation for greater strength. Strong winds can damage the structure if it is not secured.
The removable roof of the arched greenhouse is moved by a special mechanism. The roof can be opened partially, shifting the polycarbonate arcs down. It is also possible to install a low-rise greenhouse, in which the roof slides in the grooves in either direction, opening the plants access to fresh air and light.
Gable-opening greenhouses of polycarbonate
Gable-growing greenhouses are often used for growing tall plants. To ensure that the seedlings receive as much fresh air as possible, the roof of the greenhouse is made removable. The detachable roof serves as a ventilation window, in the case that the ordinary ventilations are not sufficient for ventilation.
The frame of a double-skinned greenhouse can be made of galvanized metal or wood.
Snow from the greenhouse "house" rolls down quite easily, and even if it is poured on the roof, it can not be removed. In a double-decked greenhouse it is convenient to install automatic ventilation pans in the roof, which can be lifted or ventilated if necessary.
The most profitable option for greenhouses for many gardeners was the design of the galvanized profile, which is easy to install and, if necessary, quickly removed from the site.
- Draw a design drawing, calculate the required amount of material;
- Under the drawing, assemble the frame of the greenhouse;
- Bottom vertical ends of the frame to attach to a steel corner section of 40x40;
- The support, warning the penetration of the carcass into the soil, to attach at an angle of 90 degrees to the steel corner;
- From the profile, assemble the triangular roof, reinforcing it with cross rails;
- Connect the elements together with fasteners;
- After installing the frame, fix the polycarbonate within the framework.
At the ends of the greenhouse, install doors and ventilation pans for ventilation. Polycarbonate can be fastened to the pipes not with screws, but with special plastic bands, which can be easily dismantled if necessary and the cover can be removed from the frame. All joints should be well sealed, or better - insulated with foam or a layer of dense polyethylene film.
The self-manufacturing of a greenhouse saves money, but sometimes the purchase of a finished structure is more justified than homemade fabrication.
What are the hothouses in polycarbonate with an opening roof( video)
Greenhouses with a removable top are simple to install and operate polycarbonate structures in which you can grow anything. Plants in the greenhouses receive enough heat, light and natural rainfall due to the opening up.