Multilevel suspended ceiling will make your room a stylish and unique Can spaces of the Internet to find a lot of stories about how people with their hands stacked ceiling mounted with tension structures. Installation of such a ceiling is not an easy exercise, the process requires preparation and experience, but it is possible.
- Types of multi-level ceilings: what are the options
- What are the advantages of multi-level ceilings
- Profile for multi-level ceilings: why do we need
- Installation of multi-level ceilings: what is
- Installation of multilevelceiling: what's next
- Design three-level stretch ceiling
- Installation of multi-level ceilings( video)
- Design multilevel ceilings( photo IntRiera)
Types of multi-level ceilings: what are the options
options will vary the complexity of the design, the number of tiers and design. You can, for example, make level ceilings, very simple with the usual geometry in two tiers, where the tension sheet will be the foundation of the ceiling. But they make constructions in three levels with complex curvilinear elements, interlacing of colors, etc.
Any version of multi-level ceilings has distinctive features: the design, the number of storeys, design complexity
Modern multi-level ceilings:
- Suggest a rich color palette;
- Distinguish by the invoice;
- Allows the use of high-quality photo printing;
- Suppose the use of dense and semi-transparent textures in one design, etc.
number of levels in theory be infinite - and these levels can be mounted at any angle, and this cones, and arches, and dune.
What are the advantages of multi-level stretch ceilings
The first and main advantage is the perfect design. This is not from the category of "unpretentious and modest", such a ceiling is a self-contained interior element.
and other advantages enough:
Multi-level stretch ceiling - additional noise and heat insulation
- Such a structure can be built in areas with any functional load - living room, bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, pool, sauna, balconies, etc.
- The multi-level design perfectly masks all defects of the base ceiling.
- In the inter-ceiling space, it is really possible to hide the communication system, they are too attractive to look at, which makes the interior seem somehow unfinished, careless.
- Several levels of the ceiling - this is always additional insulation and sound insulation.
- According to fire safety standards, such a ceiling also has no complaints, the ceiling is hardly combustible.
- Cloth is quite strong, as well as plasterboard sheathing, the design life is long enough, from 15 years.
- The design requires minimal cleaning - just wipe the surface with a slightly damp cloth.
Different level ceilings are good that by correctly allocating the location of the levels, playing with the color of the tiers and, of course, backlighting, you can successfully zonate the room. Ready-made sample sketches can be found on the Internet, and you can create yourself.
Profile for multi-level stretch ceilings: why do you need
Here you should understand - you need two profiles, more precisely, two types of profile. One for attaching the tensioning cloth, the second for creating a metal frame, which will be trimmed with plasterboard.
For suspended ceilings, the following is usually used:
- Or aluminum profile( baguette).This is a high rigidity design that guarantees a reliable and durable fastening, perfectly holds the notch in the notch.
- Either plastic baguette. This is a universal profile, which is combined with any type of harpoon for the ceiling surface. And its lower lock part geometrically practically repeats the variant of aluminum.
When installing a multi-level stretch ceiling you will need two types of profile: the first one is needed for fixing the tension material, the second one is for the construction of the frame
Types of profiles for the tensioning sheet:
- Universal. It is intended for working with curved and volumetric structures.
- Ceiling. Fastens the fabric along the edges directly to the surface of the base ceiling, is used if there is no access to the walls.
- Wall. It is necessary to fix the tension web along the perimeter of the room to the wall.
Sometimes use separate profiles - if, for example, the area of the room is very large, more than 60 squares. But the angular profile is closer to this topic, as it participates in the creation of multi-level ceiling structures, corner joints of canvases.
Installation of multi-level stretch ceilings: what the consists of
Almost any process of installing a ceiling structure begins with marking. On the perimeter of the room, mark the level of the lower tier. The lower tier is a drywall. Place tags using the water level / laser level.
The process of installing a multi-level tension ceilings begins with an accurate leveling of the lower level
The process is then progressed as follows:
- A UD profile is fastened around the perimeter of the entire room, the fixing step is 300 mm.
- After this, the border of the box is marked on the side of the center of the room. The profile of the UD is fastened to the intended line, with the same pitch - 300 mm.
- Next, you cut and fasten vertical posts and horizontal slats along the inside of the box. The spacing between the posts will not be more than 20 cm. The material used is a CD-profile. All interplanetary connections are made by special self-tapping screws for metal.
The frame is completed. This is a plan for installing a multi-level ceiling, where the stretch ceiling is carried to the upper tiers, which happens more often.
Installation of a multi-level ceiling: what's next
Continues the process of creating a multi-level wiring layout. If you put the fixtures in the tension web, you need to mount the platforms under them.
After this, the frame is sewed with plasterboard, the edges from adjacent plates will account for one profile. One gipsokartonovy sheet will require somewhere around 100 screws.
When installing multi-level tension ceilings on your own, you need to think ahead about what kind of lighting equipment you will be using. Since the following is the process of posting
The process is as follows:
- Primed surface, shpaklyuyutsya irregularities, the seams are banded with a special tape;
- After repeated priming, the whole surface is fined with the finishing putty, putty should be applied two times in a very thin layer, after that - again the primer;
- Further cut openings for fixtures, gypsum cardboard is painted( better - acrylic or silicone water-emulsion);
- The tensioning cloth is assembled last, first a baguette is attached to the inner vertical surface of the box;
- The air warms up to at least 40 degrees, the film is attached from the corner, the temperature should be heated to 60 degrees during installation;
- Put the spear into the baguette until it snaps into place;
- After the ceiling has cooled down, it will become as flat as possible, then it will cut through the holes for the fixtures and install the fixtures directly.
Actually, the work is done. Gypsum plasterboard layers can be made with their own hands, and for installation of the stretcher, special tools are required, the same thermal gun, because it is more often installed by specialists.
Design of a three-level stretch ceiling
Multi-level ceilings themselves decorate the interior. And today, not only the lighting can favorably emphasize the three-tier design - it is done both by playing color, using fashionable shades, and using interesting shapes of ceiling figures. Flower, sun, cloud, pyramids, drops, etc.
Three-level stretch ceiling looks creative, original and stylish
Very often on this ceiling there are decorative cornices, as well as stucco elements.
If this is a combined room, for example, a kitchen + living room, three levels of ceiling can help zoning the room. Having allocated at the same time the cooking area + dining room, sofa area, etc.
If the ceilings in the apartment are high, you can combine the zoning ceiling with the device of the podium, for example.
Installation of multi-level stretch ceilings( video)
Multi-level ceilings are not for nothing so many fans: they are modern, not pretentious, if the design is not overdone, durable and work well as a connecting interior link.
Good luck in repair!
Design multilevel ceilings( interior photos)