The most thorough and thorough are the brick fences. In combination with metal grilles and gates, they create an impression of the social status of their master. In some samples the whole flight of imagination of designers is captured. You can not pass by such fences without admiring them. Other designs are simpler, but at the same time not less reliable and qualitative.
Types of bricks and fences from it
Brick is one of the most ancient building materials on Earth. The technology of its production has been known since time immemorial. In Egypt, brick buildings are found, the age of which is more than 5000 years. Modern brick is very different from the old one. He has more smooth edges and ribs. Adding dyes to the solution, they allow creating products of different colors, which positively affects the demand for this material. There are 4 main types of bricks:
- The adobe brick is made of special clay with filler.
- Ceramic is made from baked clay at high temperature.
- Silicate bricks contain ordinary sand and lime.
- Hyper-pressed is obtained by pressing limestone with the addition of cement and water.
According to its quality and scope, the brick is divided into masonry and facing. The first is used for laying walls and partitions. It is subsequently to be finished, since it does not have a smooth and smooth surface. Facing brick itself is a finishing material and is used for decorative decoration of facades of buildings, erection of columns and fences. Human fantasy is able to translate any ideas into ready-made creations, so the variety of brick fences built today has no limits. However, they can all be divided into several main types:
- Combined fences made of bricks, bent metal and sheet steel.
- Lattice fences with brick posts.
- Fences made of corrugated board with brick poles.
- Fully brick fences.
The most popular in the presence of sufficient material assets use combined fences made of bricks, bent metal and sheet steel. Luxurious brick columns, crowned with small architectural forms, are connected together by a forged lattice with patterns. At the rear, it can be covered with sheet steel, covered with hammer paint, creating the effect of antiquity and reliability.
Latticed fences with brick posts look no less attractive than the previous ones. This type of fence is not designed to hide the space behind it, but rather expose the interior decoration of the yard. The vintage design of forged gratings in combination with the original masonry allows creating unique examples of fences, behind which stretch spaces with landscape design.
The simplest fencing with the use of bricks is a fence made of corrugated board. This is a fairly budgetary option, since it does not require the use of expensive forged products. Brick posts are connected by metal vials from a profile pipe, on which sheets of corrugated sheet are fixed. This fence looks attractive enough, although it does not require significant capital investments. In addition, it is a capital structure, as well as all structures of brick.
And finally, completely brick fences. This is really a monumental structure, which protects the mansions of wealthy citizens. They are called to play not only a decorative function with which they cope perfectly, but also protective. Most often, these fences have a large height up to 3 - 4 m. They can be a continuous wall of brickwork, and can be latticed. In this case brick laying is done in such a way that the through gaps remain.
Separately it is necessary to tell about posts. They also come in different forms. The simplest option is a column with brickwork in 4 bricks without relief niches. The laying can be done in 6 bricks or more. The surface of the column can have different niches and porticos. Sometimes you can find even round brick pillars. On top of the majority of posts is a wiring, which is mounted on a visor made of metal, concrete or ceramics. There are also differences in the type of the external surface of the brick. Most often it is smooth, but can have a relief texture. The most expensive models resemble a broken natural stone.
To create a fence, reminiscent of a work of art, requires the work of no master: mason, blacksmith, welder. It is much easier and cheaper to make an ordinary fence, consisting of brick posts and spans from the corrugated board between them. This type of fence made of bricks can be done with your own hands.
Step-by-step instruction for the construction of the fence made of brick and corrugated board
Consider the construction of a budget fence and calculate the approximate need for materials for it. For the whole complex of construction works we require the following materials:
- Brick facing ceramic or silicate for your choice. To create an original design, we take two color options: brown and pink. For reference: according to Russian standards, brick by size is divided into single( 250х120х65 mm), one-and-a-half( 250х120х88 mm) and double( 250х120х140 mm).The working, largest surface is called a bed, the middle side is a spoon, and the smallest end is a poke.
- Cement, crushed stone, fine-grained sand, water and reinforcement with a diameter of 10 mm. This set is required for building a foundation.
- Round or square steel bars. Can be used. Casing pipes that are used in wells are best for these purposes. They have thick walls and are hardly susceptible to corrosion. For simple posts, pipes with a diameter of 75 mm are suitable, and for poles, which will be hung on the gate, it is better to take the pipes 100-120 mm. The length of the pipes depends on the height of the posts. Most often, it does not exceed 3 m, taking into account the penetration into the ground.
- Profile steel pipe of square or rectangular cross-section. Its dimensions may not exceed 40x25 mm. It is necessary for the construction of the veins. The standard length of such a pipe is 6 m. Therefore, when choosing the spacing between columns, this circumstance should be taken into account, in order to avoid over-expenditure of material. With a fence height of up to 1.6 m, it will be enough to have two holes per flight. If the fence is higher, then take three.
- Profiled sheeting must be ordered in such a color that it is in harmony with the color of the purchased brick. For brick posts, warm tones are the most suitable. For conventional fences used fence corrugated board, which has a smaller thickness and profile height than roofing. The standard width of the sheets is 1200 mm, so for the construction of 3-meter spans the sheets will have to be cut along the wave.
- Visors for posts made of metal, painted in the same color as the corrugated board. Their dimensions should coincide with the dimensions of the columns. Finishing strips for corrugated board. They will cover the sheets from the top.
- Casting on the plinth is necessary to prevent the gradual destruction of the masonry on the plinth and the foundation under the action of cycles of freezing and melting of water. Electrodes for the welding machine. Self-tapping roofing with the necessary coloring with rubber washers.
We will need tools from the tool: shovels and bayonet for digging trenches, a special hammer used by bricklayers, a rubber mallet, a metal rod with a cross section of 8-10 mm to smooth the joints between bricks, a trowel, a concrete mixer, if possible, a long rope, a liquid and ordinary constructionlevels, a screwdriver or a drill, a Bulgarian with a disc for cutting stone.
Constructing a foundation for a brick fence
The easiest solution is to build a columnar foundation under each pillar. However, such fences look too simple and cheap and are suitable, perhaps, to protect the site from the rear. From the frontal facade of the house it is recommended to use a tape monolithic foundation. It will allow to lay the basement part of the fence in several rows, which will enhance its attractiveness. Sheets of corrugated board on it will only play a decorative function, and the fence itself can rightfully be called brick.
Suppose that we need a brick fence length of 25 m. In order for the material consumption to be optimal, we need to arrange the bricks 3 m along the axes. At the same time, in one of the spans it is required to arrange a gate for the arrival of transport to the courtyard. We will order them later, ready made of sheet steel. We should get a fence, similar to the one shown in the picture below.
Mark the perimeter of the foundation with a rope. It can be damped by 30 - 40 cm, depending on the depth of the hard ground. Above the ground it is enough to raise it by 10 cm. Its width will be 15 cm between the pillars. In the places where the posts will be, the sites make 60x60 cm. There will be 8 such sites in terms of the number of posts. Accordingly, there will be 7 flights. One is inferior, since it is not needed at the gate site.
Thus, the amount of foundation will be equal to the sum of the volumes of sites and spans. The areas are 8 * 0.6 * 0.6 * 0.5 = 1.44 m3, and spans 7 * 3 * 0.15 * 0.5 = 0.5 m3.Summing these figures, we get that we need about 2 m3 of concrete. Armatures we need at least 100 m. The process of pouring the foundation will not be described, since it does not differ from the standard one. The only thing that needs to be done is to install steel pipes in the places where the bars will be. To do this, they are driven into the ground with a sledgehammer and exposed vertically. Later, during the hardening of concrete, you need to ensure that they do not tilt. We should have a monolithic tape with 8 pads under the columns, with pipes protruding from them.
Masonry and installation of corrugated board
The most difficult process is masonry. First lay out part of the first column. You can do this in various ways. We will choose the simplest version in 1.5 bricks. This means that we need 4 bricks for each row.
The first row is laid, as shown in the figure, leaving the seams no more than 1 cm. They are leveled using a device made from a square rod. The second row is lapped first, shifting the pattern by 90 degrees. After making several rows, we begin to lay out the socle to the next column. The level of the first row must completely coincide with the first row of columns. The thickness of the socle will be equal to the width of the brick. Usually a socle is made for 2 - 3 bricks, but you can lift it up as much as you want. We will do calculations of the need for a brick on 3 rows of plinth.
After laying all the posts to the level of the socle, you can continue to lay the pillars one by one to the very top. In the process of laying, the cavity inside the column is filled with a solution. In two places a fence is welded to each pipe. They should all be on the same level. To pass them through the masonry, use the grinder to cut the bricks. Stitches are made very carefully, keeping in mind the size and depth of the grooves. On the top of the base of the reflux. In the end, the skeleton of the future fence should turn out. A visor is attached to each column. On prozhaliny self-tapping in each wave is fixed sheets of corrugated board.
If the height of our fence is 2 m, and we make the base in 3 rows, then we can calculate the number of bricks in two ways: by rows and by volume. The first method is more accurate, but also more cumbersome, so use the second one. The volume of one column is 2 * 0.37 * 0.37 = 0.27 m3.Multiplying by the number of columns, we get 2.2 m3.On the base will leave 18 * 0.12 * 0.065 * 3 = 0.4 m3.In total we need 2.6 m3 of bricks. In view of the fact that such a calculation is not very accurate and does not take into account the thickness of the joints, it is necessary to purchase 10% more. Surplus can always be returned to the store, but you can not buy such a brick. Count the number of corrugated board is easy. It is enough to divide 18 m into 1,2 m. We will receive 18 sheets. Buy will need to be 19, because they are lapped, and even have to cut.
As you can see, the construction of a brick fence, even with flights from the corrugated board, requires serious temporary, labor and financial costs. However, it is worth it. This fence will last several decades.