Is the spectrum of the incandescent lamp continuous?

Which is better - the lamp is usual or energy-saving.

First of all, we note that the principle of action of almost all known light bulbs is similar - on two electrodes is located the filament, which is supplied with electric current and glow occurs. Only in a standard incandescent lamp - the glow comes from the filament heating. The inner surface of the bulb "housekeeper" is covered with a thin layer of phosphor, a substance that gives light under the influence of ultraviolet radiation created by mercury vapor. Is the spectrum of the incandescent lamp continuous?

Edison made the first electric light bulb with a carbon filament from bamboo, and burned it for about 40 hours. In this century, this is no longer surprising, and new sources of electric light - energy-saving and LED lamps - replace the obsolete ones. As which of them is better - a fair and topical question for those who value comfort and economy.

The main advantages of energy-saving light bulbs:

  • durability is the life of this lamp is about 10 thousand hours of continuous operation, unlike the incandescent lamp, the resource of which is 1 thousand.hours. This means that if you turn on the light bulbs for 50 hours a week( statistics), then the housekeeper will last 4-5 years, and the usual one will be replaced after 4 to 5 months;
  • light output: the brightness of the incandescent lamp depends on the properties of the filament and the magnitude of the applied voltage, and the "housekeeper" shines thanks to the phosphor with a pleasant soft light;Is the spectrum of the incandescent lamp continuous?
  • Efficiency( efficiency): for an incandescent lamp it is no more than 5%, and the remaining 95% go to heat the bulb. The housekeepers are free of this shortcoming;
  • energy saving: due to its property not to heat up during the glow, the energy saving spends the electrician on the lighting as opposed to a conventional lamp.

There is an opinion that the eyes hurt from the light beam of the energy saving light bulb. This is due to the fact that earlier in the organizations used fluorescent light bulbs, for the inclusion of which an electromagnetic starter with a small frequency was required, and this influenced the pulsation of the light flux. In modern high-quality housekeepers, this starter with an electromagnetic starter is replaced by an electronic one, and it practically does not pulsate and the light from such a lamp does not affect the sight.

The industry produces both small and large energy-saving lamps. The power of such lamps can reach up to 1000 W.If you choose an energy-saving lamp, you should pay attention to its labeling, for example, on a lamp from the manufacturer "maxus" it is written: 13W E27 6400K, which means that it has a cool white light( 6400K), an average diameter of the cap is 27mm, and the power of this lamp is 13W.Regarding the emitted light, it should be noted that there is a choice between warm white, daytime and cold. Specialists do not recommend to buy kitchens of cold white light to illuminate the kitchen, as they can distort the type of food. And do not need to install "housekeepers" in places where light is switched on for a short time( for example, in the toilet room), instead of saving in this case, even greater costs will be obtained. The ignition of such a lamp requires a slightly higher inrush current than the rated current, but if you turn it on for a long time, it does not consume much electricity. Is the spectrum of the incandescent lamp continuous?

To the disadvantages of economists, it is necessary to refer:

  • first of all, their cost, but there are also quite qualitative Chinese variants;
  • content in the flask contains one drop of mercury. Mercury is a poison and therefore it is impossible to restore such a lamp, without prejudice to health.

On the pros and cons of energy-saving lamps can talk for a long time. Everyone must decide for himself this question. But scientific and technological progress does not stand still, and LED lamps have already come to replace economists, only they are tens times more expensive. Is the spectrum of the incandescent lamp continuous?