Why you need to know how to plaster a wall of foam blocks
Before you talk about how to properly plaster the foam block, you need to understand why do it at all. After all, a person who does not realize the expediency of carrying out the procedure under consideration can neglect it, which will lead to serious negative consequences.
Having many advantages, foam concrete, at the same time, has poor adhesion. And because the classical lime and cement-sand plasters do not stick to it. So our contemporaries often have a question, than plastering the walls of the foam block, and the choice of the suitable material turns into a real problem. But do not leave this problem without attention, because the protection of walls is absolutely necessary - otherwise water vapor will penetrate into the pores of the material, leading to a deterioration in the microclimate of the premises, the appearance of fungi on the walls, the formation of cracks and other problems.
For the protection of surfaces, plastering of the units outside and inside must be carried out. Moreover, according to experts, it is important that the outer layer is twice as thin as the inner one - only then will the walls be able to breathe.
How to properly plaster the house of foam blocks: the main subtleties and nuances of the
process The specifics of the method of applying mortar to the surface of the foam concrete will be determined by the specifics of the manufacturing of each kind of blocks. However, in any case, it is advisable to look at the video how to plaster the walls of foam concrete blocks in order to achieve good results. This will help you to get an impression of the whole process and gain new knowledge, which then can be applied in practice.
In the process of plastering, it is important to adhere to the following rules:
- On blocks produced by sawing, the plaster sticks better, which means that it is not necessary to prepare them specially for processing.
- On the blocks produced by the casting method, the solutions hardly adhere, and therefore, before the plaster is applied, they are specially sanded or carefully cleaned to increase the roughness of the surface.
- Considering what to do with plastering walls from blocks made by casting, it is important to mention, first of all, mixtures that have high adhesion rates.
- In addition, to increase the adhesion strength between foam concrete and plaster, a special reinforcing mesh can be applied to the surface of the cast block.
- Those people who first encounter a problem than plastering a foam block, it is necessary to choose special compositions designed specifically for processing this material. These are light( for example, dry gypsum) mixtures that have increased adhesion rates.
- It is important that the plastering of the walls of the foam block is carried out, both inside and outside the building. And you can use the same mixture in each of the cases.
- In addition to the fact that plaster walls of foam blocks should be applied correctly, it is also important to monitor the thickness of its layer. The ideal ratio is 2 cm of the coating on the inside and 1 cm on the outer side.
How to prepare plaster for the foam block and apply it to the walls
After you choose dry gypsum or other plaster for foam blocks, it is necessary to prepare it correctly for use. It's easy - you need to dilute the mixture with water, and then mix it with a drill or a construction mixer. It should be applied on a specially prepared basis.
As a mixture for interior decoration, and plaster facade for foam blocks are applied to the primer coat. Choose a quality primer of deep penetration - it is best suited for such a porous material as foam concrete.
Well, after the plaster is done on the foam blocks, it is advisable to cover the facade of the building with a layer of paint. And it should also be chosen very carefully - give preference to silicone or silicate products that have a deep vapor permeability. And in the case when the plaster is made on the foam block from the inside, the importance of the final design of the surfaces can not be forgotten either. However, the requirements for materials in this case are less stringent, since the outer surface of the wall must be the vapor-permeable first.
Now you know what to do with the foam block inside and out, how to prepare the mixture, how to apply it, and why do all these manipulations. So you even without the help of specialists will be able to design any building from foam concrete, maximizing its performance and aesthetics.