in social networks
Properly designed and made light - is one way to arrange the kitchen space, making it more attractive and more comfortable. One of the most common options - LED lights for the kitchen under the cabinets, allowing to give the interior a special mood. Let us consider how their own to pick up everything you need and hold assembly, without the help of professionals.
Proper room lighting and LED lighting for kitchen cabinets at creating favorable conditions for cooking
- 1 LED lights for the kitchen cabinets under: Advantages of this solution
- 2 Where the lights can be located under the kitchen cabinets
- 3 Highlighting the kitchen cabinets under: LED lighting for this purpose
4 How to choose LED strips to illuminate the kitchen
- 4.1 Backlight LED ribbon cuisine: how to choose a power supply
5 Rules of installation of LED strip with your hands
- 5.1 What tools are needed to connect the LED strips in the kitchen
- 6 How to make a highlight in the kitchen: the instruction for use
- 7 How to install touch switch with his own hands
LED lights for the kitchen cabinets under the: Advantages of this solution
LED lights have appeared in the domestic market a long time, so that everyone who somehow interested in this matter, found out about the benefits of this solution in comparison with the usual incandescent and even energy-efficient. First, diode lighting in the kitchen is renowned for its efficiency and long service life. In addition, the LEDs light up at full power from the first second, because the time to warm up to them is not required, and the frequency of on and off does not affect the service life.
On the benefits of LED lighting compared with traditional incandescent and with energy-saving lamps everybody knows - is extremely high efficiency and durability
Of course, not everything is so smooth, and have light-emitting diodes one drawback - and cost. The price of this backlight is really low, but, according to all those who have used it, such an investment is fully justified very quickly.
The service life of LED strip can be several decades, and the level of energy consumption is so small that soon the money spent will be compensated.
Useful advice! If your kitchen already have any lights, the more likely you will be able to replace only the lamp, saving lamp. This is possible thanks to the fact that manufacturers of LED lamps offer a huge range of products and choose the appropriate option, you can almost always.
An important advantage of LED lighting is its durability, kitchen Tape able to work 14 or more years
Where it can be located lighting under the kitchen cabinets
In an effort to design the interior of your kitchen properly, every owner should understand that, ideally, should be a multi-zone lighting. That is a lamp on the ceiling, is not likely to be enough. Therefore, in most cases, in addition to the main lighting provide even lighting over the dining area and of course, LED lighting for the kitchen above the work surface.
But that's not all, because the light is mounted not only as a functional element. Often it is used, and as decoration. Consider where illumination may be located:
- LED lights for the kitchen working area - this is exactly the case when the light sources are mounted under the overhead lockers;
- lights under the hood;
LED strips can be installed inside the shallow drawers and cabinets
- interior lighting glass cabinets. This solution is especially nice if their doors standing frosted glass;
- lights above the upper cabinets - a great way to visually expand the space available. As with all other options, ceiling lights LED tape with his own hands - quite a feasible task;
- under the lower kitchen cabinets. This is perhaps one of the most original option, which allows you to create an unusual effect hovering furniture;
- individual luminaires for illuminating the working area in the kitchen.
Useful advice!Depending on the purpose for which you mount LED lights, you can choose one or another color light. So, if you plan to use as an additional light source to work, it is better to give preference white illumination. But you can mount and color for decoration.
Under the lower tier cabinet light source should not be seen, so it is best suitable thin and discreet LED strip for the kitchen
Highlighting the kitchen cabinets under: LED fixtures for this purpose
In order to understand what is the basis selection of LED strip and how to organize the lighting of a particular area in the first place it is worth considering what are the sources of light. We analyze all types, and then determine which of the options are better than others for a particular purpose.
Thus, the main types of LED devices:
- linear luminaires Surface-type. They can be purchased individually or by a whole set, wherein there are several modules and adapters. Are interconnected by several of these individual elements, you can make quite a long light source;
- spotlights Surface type - operate on the same principle as that of the first type, but in general the construction is not going;
Surface-type linear lighting traditionally used to illuminate the countertops in the working area
- point or line Mortise lamps. Different from the rest of the subtlety that allows you to install them directly into the bottom of the kitchen cabinets. It is convenient to use an option, however, to carry out their own installation work will be difficult and will likely have to resort to the help of a specialist;
- LED strip for the kitchen. This is one of the most popular choices for today, which is enough in what concedes all of the above. Its popularity, this type of unit is obliged to a huge variety of colors, easy installation and low cost.
Useful advice! Today, the market can find both linear and chiseled fixtures with touch controls. Such devices are turned on and off every single touch and look very aesthetically pleasing.
The basic meaning of Surface lighting is to create a cozy atmosphere and maximum comfort in the house
How to choose a LED strip to illuminate the kitchen
Despite the fact that most of the LED strips look very similar, there are actually several of its types and a special classification, which is produced according to such factors:
- number of crystals (may be from 1 to 4);
- a full-color or monochrome illumination;
- size that may range from 1,06h0,8 until 5,0h5,0 mm.
Simply put, before you buy LED tape is necessary to define what type of lighting you want. And to do this it was easier to look at a few of the recommendations of experts who can be used as reference points to buy lighting for kitchen cabinets under:
- If one of the goals mounted backlight to provide additional illumination of the work surface, uniform and rather bright light can be achieved by using LED strip 50-50;
Ype - a special semiconductors that emit light when passing through them of electric energy
- if practical application in illumination is not, and its only role - decoration of the interior, it is enough to single-chip LED 35h28 tape.
Given the fact that the diode strip in the kitchen - a few LEDs, arranged in the same plane, secrete several kinds of products, depending on how the elements are arranged tightly to each other. Thus, the most popular options - 30, 60, 120 and 240 pieces per 1 meter of tape.
It is this parameter determines how strong is the tape, how much energy will consume, as well as its brightness.
There is one more very important point - the degree of protection from moisture. In this case, you need to pay attention to the label, which can be as follows:
- IP20 - low level of protection. Such tapes are not recommended for use in the kitchen or in the bathroom, where humidity is high enough;
In order to acquire the desired LED strip, you must clearly understand what coverage you would like to see as a result of
- IP65 - the average level of protection. This option is perfectly cope with the task, and the humidity in the kitchen does not affect the operation of the LEDs;
- IP68 - the absolute level of protection. Such products are not susceptible to moisture and can even be used to illuminate the pool.
Backlight LED ribbon cuisine: How to choose a power supply
Apart from the fact that the installation of LED strip in the kitchen requires careful attention in the selection, you should pay attention to the fact, which the power supply will be used for this purpose. It is important to select this option, wherein the power transformer will be sufficient, but it was not excessive.
Wiring tape LED with power supply
Consider how calculates necessary power transformer example LED 50x50 belt and a 12 W:
- provided that the tape length is 5 m, W 12 to be multiplied by five. We obtain 60;
- supply is ensured by a coefficient of 1.25, thereby producing 75;
- gain transformer which 75 watts.
Wiring diagram LED 220 tape to the network: the correct lighting installation
Adhesive 220 model. Wiring diagram LED 220 tape to the network. The price of the tape and mounting their own hands.
However, the power - is not the only parameter of the transformer, which is necessary to pay attention if you want to make light of the LED strip with your hands. Of great importance is the construction unit, which in turn may be different:
- Plastic sealed housing of compact size.
- Aluminum sealed enclosure. It should be generally much more expensive, but it is highly resistant to external factors, it can be used even for the installation of street lighting.
- Perforated casing. This open-type blocks, which are characterized by large size and thus are inexpensive. The main drawback - that block will require additional protection against moisture, but it is among this type of device can be find quite a powerful model to use one device for multiple LED fixtures for kitchen.
- AC power adapter. These devices are characterized by low power, which does not exceed 60 watts, so you have to use a separate block for each tape. The main advantage - does not require installation.
The main component of the system is the LED Power SupplyRepresenting a small transformer that provides power LEDs
Important! If you do not get protected from moisture body, the installation must be done in a place where the risk of contact with water is minimal. In addition, the useful device to have some protection against voltage surges, as this will positively impact on the duration of the service life of the LEDs.
How to make a highlight in the kitchen cabinets under the best can be determined by estimating the area of lighting, and well as their own preferences and financial opportunities, because different models will have different cost. Also, before you buy LED lighting under the kitchen cabinets, you need to understand that the price of the product, in most cases directly determines its service life.
rules mounting LED strip with your hands
Installation of LED ribbon - a task feasible for everyone. Adhering to a few simple rules, you can make a qualitative and beautiful lighting yourself. Here's what to consider:
- polarity must be observed;
The LEDs mounted on the kitchen furniture, not a blind eye, they can be secured in special boxes, so the main light is directed downward
- depending on what type of tape you use, turn on the power unit through a voltage of 12 or 24 watts. Thus, the block must be located as close to the tape (the limit remove - 10 m);
- to light lasts long enough, it is advisable to avoid bends and twists. It is preferable to cut the tape and make the required angle soldering. But it should be done carefully, with mandatory wiring insulation using Heat shrink tubing. It is believed that using the brazing can be achieved without loss of quality contact electricity;
- to reduce eletropoteri, you should try to use the maximum cross section of the wire and do as little as possible of the compounds;
- if necessary to install high power belt, then it is desirable to use a special profiled duct;
- if necessary to interconnect two pieces of tape, whose length is greater than 5 m, it should be done in parallel;
Scheme mounting LED strip
- for the correct operation of the unit it is necessary to provide protection against overheating by placing it in a well-ventilated place.
Useful advice! In order to cut the LED strip and does not damage it, you must do it in a specially marked on the ground. Usually the manufacturer itself makes relevant notes.
What tools are needed to connect LED strips in the kitchen
Before installing the LED strip in the kitchen, make sure you have all the necessary tools and materials. Depending on the manner in which the connection will be made of elements may need a soldering iron and solder, rosin, heat shrink tubing or special connectors. Another option - terminals for wires and crimp them.
In addition, we need a pair of scissors and masking tape, as well as double sided tape or other fasteners. If you need to do in the furniture niche for laying tape, you can use the jigsaw.
LED cut tape is most convenient scissors, since the substrate and the copper traces on it have a small thickness
Naturally, it is not done without the tape itself, a suitable power supply as well as the circuit, according to which the installation is carried out. As already mentioned, in some cases, for the construction of the tape used is also a profile box.
It is extremely important to take into account the fact that in the process of LEDs generate heat, which is directed to the foundation element. To avoid overheating and to prolong their service life, it is recommended to glue the tape at the corresponding base - thermally conductive substrate or an aluminum profile.
Useful advice! Usually, in order to make the kitchen lighting, use cable section is from 0.5 to 2.5 mm². Calculations produced on the basis of a specific formula.
One embodiment of LED strip compounds are tips for wires and compressing them
How to make a highlight in the kitchen: Instructions for use
Before you mount LED strip under the cabinets in the kitchen, you need to distribute it in such a way that the dividing line of light and shadow was located on the border between the two objects. In this case it will be the bottom wall of the cabinet and the wall. The easiest way to place the tape on the wall, but in this case it will be seen that might spoil the visual effect. Therefore, to ensure illumination of the desired depth, fastening to produce predominantly lockers surface.
Under the cabinet it is best to mount diode tape, glow sector is narrow enough. In this case, the wall will not be covered. Excellent aid for light distribution may be an aluminum profile, which has a protective light-diffusing film. And with various profile heights skirting can even form a light spot.
As for the rest, for the successful installation of lighting the kitchen units is sufficient to adhere to the following simple instructions:
- to miss the power cable to the connection point unobtrusively as possible, accurately drilled for this small hole in the back side of a kitchen cabinet;
One way of fastening tapes for decorative purposes - horizontally toward the open shelf
- before mount LED strips, the surface should be thoroughly degreased and prepare. Some tapes already have a special adhesive composition, which is applied to the back side. In this case, installation is as simple and comes down to applying the tape to the surface. If the reverse side of the tape is smooth, you can use double-sided tape;
- if you want to mask tape, you should use the profile, the color of which will match the color of the cabinet;
- We carry mount power supply and install the electrical wiring. In this case, the wires must also be secured very carefully, using special clips or double sided tape;
- all elements must be connected according to the selected scheme and to inspect, using the tester. This is necessary to ensure the insulation between the elements. If all goes well, the backlight can be connected to the network.
LED strip that already has a special adhesive compound applied to its back side
We should also consider the case when it comes to installing high-power LED strip. In this case, for better aesthetics tape stack in profile. Primarily produced styling, and only then connect the power pins. After that, the tape must be secured with the same double-sided tape, and the profile fixed to the cabinet.
Important! If the attachment profile is carried out by means of screws, which are screwed on its inner side, a sequence of actions will have to change accordingly.
How to install touch switch with his own hands
Another important element of the LED backlight - the switch. And if you wish, you can make yourself even touch option. But for this you need to understand how this device works. And given the fact that the matter in question, the operating principle is always the same, to understand this is quite simply what type of switch.
Touch the switch to LED lighting concealed installation
So, the first thing that is necessary to understand - any switch consists of 4 elements:
- the outer (front) part. This panel, which we see. Sometimes, for the convenience of manufacturers supplying its illumination;
- The sensor - an element responsive to the touching and, accordingly, sends a signal to turn on or off the backlight;
- switching system, which converts the signal, transforming it into electric current, which activates the system, including the illumination;
- enclosure. In this case, there are two types - built, and overhead. Depending on the type of installation method will be different and need to fix it, or just on top of any surface or mounted inside the wall.
On how quality will be all the elements of the switch depends on his life and service. Therefore, buying ready-switch for LED strip or collect it yourself, pay attention to the fact that the price of elements consistent with their quality.
The process of connecting the LED backlight to the touch switch
Button sensors are usually placed directly about the tape itself, as they have a view of the module and do not spoil the look of the kitchen. But it is very important to remember that the sensor responds to any contact, so placement should exclude accidental contact, for which the sensor can respond.
Thus, we can conclude that buy LED lighting for the kitchen and set it up yourself and everyone can. It is enough to read some of the most important characteristics of the elements and follow the simple instructions, trying to avoid common mistakes. The rest of the lights in the kitchen cabinets under the LED does not present any difficulties, but it makes the interior a special mood.