Acrylic paint for the walls - the main points that everyone should know
Table of contents
1 What is a coating
- 1.1 Overview
- 1.2 basic quality
- 2 cost of
- 3 The nuances of painting
- 4 Output
What is acrylic paint for the walls, what qualities it has and in what cases it can be used? I often have to work with this material, and I'm ready to cover all technical aspects, as well as talk about its correct application.
Acrylic paint - is a modern eco-friendly paint material for walls and ceilings
What is a coating
Acrylic relates to aqueous dispersion (water-based) paint materials, i.e. it is made on an aqueous basis. But this does not mean that the covering is afraid of water and washed off the walls with water.
The principle of these compounds is based on the fact that the acrylic polymer in the form of fine particles in the water in the undissolved state as oil droplets in water. After drying, i.e. when the water evaporates, the polymer forms a film which polymerizes and becomes part quality, including moisture resistance.
Do not confuse the interior water dispersion polymer coatings with acrylic paints for painting walls. The last can not be diluted with water - there is a special solvent for this.
Art painting done with special paints, which do not refer to the water-dispersion
Dignity. Acrylic latex paint is very popular in recent years, as the superior oil and other types of paints on a number of parameters.
Most importantly, it is odorless and eco-friendly, since instead of organic solvents in its composition is water. Therefore, when painting walls is not necessary to leave the shelter.
Furthermore, the coating has other positive qualities:
- Durability. Usually painted acrylic "vodoemulsionkoy" walls do not need to be repaired 10-15 years, provided the use of a quality cover;
Weatherproof. This allows you to use such material for finishing walls in wet areas and even for painting the facade.
However, keep in mind that not all species are considered of paints resistant to moisture. Therefore, when you buy should pay attention to the characteristics of the coating and its scope;
Water paints can be used in the bathroom
- drying speed. Acrylic paints dry for several hours;
- Good adhesion. Because of this coating can be deposited on various surfaces, and thus does not peel off;
- Possibility of tinting. This allows you to get any shade cover;
- Resistance to abrasion. Painted walls can be cleaned or washed with a sponge. However, resistance to washing is different, so this setting is usually indicated in the specifications;
Some types of facade paints can be used for painting walls
- Attractive appearance. It forms a noble matt film. Therefore, painted walls in the interior looked nice and modern.
Disadvantages. Cons are not so many, but they are available:
- High price. This type of paints is much more expensive oil and other counterparts on the basis of organic solvents;
- Low opacity. Therefore dyeing is carried out in several layers;
Surface for painting should be carefully sanded
- Inability to cover the cracks. Therefore, before painting the walls and ceilings need to carefully execute surface preparation. If you do not, then after painting all the flaws will become more noticeable.
The subject coating is usually formed on a matte surface film. However, there are commercially available and acrylic gloss paint, which refers to the enamel.
Dulux Master Lux Aqua - quality gloss paint for the walls, furniture and other surfaces
Below are the rates for high-quality acrylic paint on some well-known manufacturers (relevant in the spring of 2017.)
|Mark||Cost in rubles|
|Belinka 10 l (exterior)||4 200|
|Finncolor Oasis Hall & Office 1 l (water-resistant, but not washable)||235|
|Parade W3 10 liters (interior moisture resistant)||1 400|
|Tikkurila Luja 40 1L||880|
|Dulux Lux Aqua 40 (glossy interior finish) 2.3 L||1 750|
The nuances of painting
So, with the features of acrylic paint material we have understood. Now look at how to paint with acrylic paint the walls. This procedure can be divided into several stages:
Stages of painting walls
Work is carried out as follows:
|illustrations||Description of work|
Padding. Before painting, you must own hands carefully prepared wall - poshpaklevat their finish putty, and then sanded.
After this priming necessarily performed as follows:
Preparation of paint. Often found on sale of paint in the form of ready to spray paint material. In this case, before painting them just need to carefully shake.
If the composition requires tinting, follow these steps:
Some water dispersion coatings for easy transport are sold concentrated. Therefore, before using them must be diluted with water. The amount of water to be added, indicated on the packaging
The application of paint. Paint walls acrylic paint is usually carried out using a paint roller. Therefore, we must prepare himself cuvette roller to perform this procedure.
Work is carried out as follows:
Now that you know what qualities have acrylic paint for the walls, and how to use it correctly. Additionally, check out the video in this article. If you have questions, write comments, and I will gladly answer.