Stencils for wall decor: 3 ways to decorate
Table of contents
1 What you need to know about the template
1.1 Which to choose a stencil
- 1.1.1 method 1
- 1.1.2 method 2
- 1.1.3 method 3
- 1.2 How to fix the stencil to the wall
- 1.1 Which to choose a stencil
2 How to choose paint and how it is applied
- 2.1 How to draw
- 3 What can be done stencil
- 4 Summarizing
Fairy tale, created a stencil
To get away from everyday life, even the most elegant wallpaper, save time and hard earned help stencils for wall decor. I'm ready to tell you how they can be used to decorate the apartment chic patterns or visually highlight certain area. And examples of work performed visually confirm my words.
What you need to know about the template
Stencil - a plastic sheet with slots forming a certain pattern. Large cutouts connected bridges, retaining parts together. Professional pad is labeled for precise alignment of sheets at a repetition pattern (dot cutout edge of the sheet). You can simply trace the corners of the sheet in pencil.
Tags help to achieve a perfectly flat line pattern
What questions might arise about the stencil:
- What material is made?
- How to fix the sheet on the wall?
- What and how to paint?
- Is it possible to make stencils for walls with his own hands?
Humorous inscription cheer up
Which to choose a stencil
Solve this question will help the classification, according to which the relevant option is selected. According to the density of the material templates are divided into types:
- Textured or volume;
Standard type made of Mylar (a hard material), reusable. Do not limp from the ink, but may break if the paint vigorously rip off.
Maki drawn standard template
Textured or volume - it is the same pattern of Mylar, only 1.5 times thicker. Designed for convex patterns of putty / plaster.
For storage hard stencils powdered talc straightened between rigid sheets, such as plywood.
The general scheme of instruction on working with volumetric stencil.
|1. Secure volumetric stencil on the wall.|
|2. fill with putty slotted pieces.|
|3. remove the stencilGradually bending back it.|
Adhesive (colloquially oracal) It represents a soft vinyl / PVC film on the adhesive-based disposable. Convenient for drawing on the complex surface.
It is worth considering if the adhesive stencils for wall decor vendors positioned as a reusable. It is impossible in principle - a soft material is deformed during removal after use and re-use can not.
Advantages and disadvantages of rigid stencil:
- Durable, reusable.
- Easy to use - put, fixed, painted.
- But not flush against the uneven ground, so they can become blurry edges, they will have to dorisovyvat brush.
Advantages and disadvantages of the adhesive pattern:
- Tight to the complex surface.
- But a one-time, because it can be stretched when taking pictures.
- Remove the foil, it is possible to grab a monthly fresh plaster / paint.
- At long storage dry, cracked.
- Whimsical work.
The general scheme of instruction to work with orakalom.
|1. sticking stencil on the wall.|
|2. separate the substrate, Drop it down while gluing the wall-film stencil.|
|3. Bottom-up roll in a stencil roll. When rolling out a roll, the substrate is separated, and the film is adhered to the wall.|
pattern elements just to hook the tip of a knife and removed
|4. Pull fragments pattern. In this case, you can use the writing knife.|
|5. paint the picture.|
|6. remove the tapeHolding it parallel to the wall.|
Depending on the style, and probably original, clichés can be divided into the following types:
- Conventional / standard - an open-work patterns are "leaky", which is colored basic color.
- inverse - stencil on the contrary, there is cut no figure and the background. The slots are colored background with a dark color, and the figures remain the same color as the wall.
Terminator by the inverse of the stencil
Beautiful decor stencils can be done independently of the available materials:
- X-ray film.
- Cardboard. The surface of the conventional adhesive tape glued / Olifen.
- Pieces of vinyl wallpaper covered with paint.
- cover folder.
Draw your imagination can in the graphical editor (Corel Draw) and perform a plotter trim in any advertising agency (cost about 70 rubles. / M2). Self-cutting is useful stationery knife. The pattern is enclosed dense material, so as not to scratch the table.
Sometimes laconic lines speak volumes
How to fix the stencil to the wall
As a piece of paper is attached fixedly to the easel and the template must be stationary on the wall.
Fixing is done in two ways:
- spray glue (Marabu Fix-it, Idea, KCR01, Cadence).
- Masking tape.
Often glued stencils on the walls are duplicated masking tape, because the large sheets of "gaining weight" due to adhering paint.
With double lock to work quietly
- Irrigate the glue is not a wall, and the underside of the stencil;
- Observe the setting time of the glue, according to the instructions;
- Do not use on rough / textured walls;
- The wall must be clean from dust;
- For a snug fit on the wall stencils you can roll it roll through the paper;
- Rinse with warm water or glue special stripper.
There is something in common between the graceful lines of wall decor and herbs
What good masking tape:
- In contrast to the usual leaves no sticky residue;
- It can be easily removed by hand.
How to choose paint and how it is applied
You can draw on concrete, wood, plaster, plasterboard walls, as well as wallpaper under painting. Wallpaper better absorb the paint, so it will take more than a painted surface. Depending on the type of paint surface corresponding selected:
Acrylic paints for walls
- Acrylic water-based - for wood, cardboard, wallpaper, concrete.
- latex - concrete, gypsum concrete, plaster.
In stroymagazinah paint sold mainly in standard packaging - 1-3 kg, so it is best to look at art stores / specialized websites.
The plot, which unites all the rooms in one song
Brushing is done in any convenient way:
- Brush-bench hammer with short bristles.
Aerosol paint more "sloppy"
In contrast, aerosol paints, whose jet broad airbrush is much easier to use, but it also costs money. Not have to think how to make halftones, and do not need to cover a large area of the wall of the spraying.
airbrush work convenient and accurate
How to draw
The golden rule for drawing stencil is that the tool should be semi-dry. Dipped the brush (roller / sponge) in the paint, it needs to be overcome - rolled on a sheet of paper, so it was semi-dry.
Paint cloth hammered
Paint roller is rolled, but the brush / sponge paint tapping movements, as if hammering paint, no movement up and down. Hold the brush perpendicular to the wall. To saturate the color, driving procedure is repeated.
The paint brush is driven perpendicular to the wall
What can be done stencil
Stencil patterns may be complicated, but even with a single pattern can be obtained elegant picture. Include imagination - laying drawn elements in different ways, you can get the original combination.
Scheme angular patterns using
What can be drawn with the help of stencils:
- Simulation carpet, wallpaper;
- Story image;
Similar plots calming
- Beat outlets / switches;
Picture with meaning
- The picture in the frame of the molding.
Under the painted chandelier nice dream
Drawings can be contrasting or pastel, differing from the color tone of the walls 1-2. Impression perspective amplify, via a monochromatic light and dark paint colors. To do this in one place cliché rolled dark color - it will be the fore elsewhere lighter - wayside.
The alternation of light and dark branches creates the illusion of volume
When making a room, it is desirable to choose the theme, appropriate style and function rooms - draw fish in the bathroom, and still life / dishes in the kitchen.
Fish are invited to take a dip
In the living room will fit anything: landscape, pattern, portrait, and on the walls of children's fairy-tale characters are appropriate, figures of speech.
If the child is small, avoid to paint small parts / abstraction. At best, the baby does not "see" the figure, at worst - will become irritable.
The use of these images is appropriate for a child's
Between the stencil and the surroundings must be something in common, a link, thus creating a general mood of the room.
Ways to enter into the design of the stencil pattern:
Green color on the wall in common with the green cushions
- Pattern - drawing on a wall repeats the pattern on the moldings, drapes, potted plants;
- use of colorWhich is repeated in the elements of decor, pillows, bedspreads;
- drawing type - arabesque for "east" of the room, raised gilt curls for the Empire style.
The pattern on the wall like a chandelier swirls
Use stencils for wall decor can and must not even for the sake of saving money. Firstly, it will be pleasant to look at his creation, and secondly, the room will acquire personality. By following a specific drawing technique, it is possible to obtain high-quality pictures.
If you want to make yourself a stencil, the video in this article will help you.